ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>A Few Hip-Hop Artists
KurtCobain 11:17 AM 08-01-2015
There's a few specific Hip-Hop artists I've been listening to in the past few weeks, and I was hoping to get some opinions on them here. If you're familiar with the artist it would be cool if you'd share your top ten songs by them, and maybe an interesting tidbit about them and possibly some underground or rare songs I may not have heard.

Rittz
Stevie Stone
Machine Gun Kelly
A - Wax
Kendrick Lamar
Jon Young

Also, who are you guys listening to right now?
[Reply]
-King- 09:02 PM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
You guys being KC guys, I guess I don't have to preach my Tech N9ne preach. I'm still gonna say this though, his last two albums are just wonderful. I know a lot of folks prefer his old stuff, but I think he's a far more complete artist now than he's ever been. And the dude puts on a great concert.
Lol, I don't listen to tech. Not really my style. I do appreciate and admire his work ethic though. There aren't a lot of rappers who work as hard or as much as he does. It's not a surprise that he has built such a big and loyal fanbase.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:27 AM 08-02-2015
You down with Mickey Avalon? Yeah, he's a white guy with crazy lyrics. But it ain't bad. This song kills me! Sorry, can't embed from iPhone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gIevUyYA7hg

Best line: my dick bench press 350, your dick couldn't shoplift at thrifty!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:31 AM 08-02-2015
Big Blu House. These guys kick all kinds of ass. The MC is an amazing lyricist. Plus they play their music on instruments. Keyboard, bass, and drums!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_LYXgUxGyjE
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:04 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by -King-:
His albums have trended downward IMO. His first was his best and his last his worst. There are still plenty of good songs on Forest Hills Drive, but for a top 3 or 4 active rapper, I need more. He still has lines that make me cringe because of how shitty they are.

The album was certainly lacking any top radio hits but Cole's works usually do. The album went platty with no features though. You've got to respect that.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:14 PM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I agree.

[Reply]
eDave 06:25 PM 08-02-2015
I saw Kendrick Lamar on SNL and I have never heard so much raw passion come through like that. It was striking. And great.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:23 PM 08-02-2015
I guess I like Kendrick a whole lot more than you guys. Dude puts together albums like no one else in hip hop right now, including Kanye.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09:38 PM 08-02-2015
Seahawks RB Christine Michael put out a mixtape. Thought it was pretty decent for a professional athlete

https://m.soundcloud.com/cmike-4
[Reply]
-King- 01:05 PM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I guess I like Kendrick a whole lot more than you guys. Dude puts together albums like no one else in hip hop right now, including Kanye.
Oh yeah the album itself is great and Kendrick cam conceptualize the fuck out of a project. This one just wasn't my personal style. It's just not my favorite type of Kendrick.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NewChief 02:41 PM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I agree with this, and I appreciate his albums. I love to sit down with headphones and really listen to the whole things or sit down with my wife when the kids are out and put it on the stereo.

That being said, I'd be interested in someone doing a cut version of the album that features just the actual tracks and rips out all the extraneous interludes and such. The album has some great songs on it, but they can get a little lost in the whole concept of the album. I have the same issue with the Donnie Trumpet album. Lots of awesome songs, but there's also a lot of jazz interludes.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:06 PM 08-03-2015
Always like some One Be Lo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-IHFPzD8qXA
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:06 AM 08-07-2015
GUYS, DRE'S NEW ALBUM IS GOOOOD
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 04:39 PM 08-07-2015
Action Bronson
Fetty Wap
Schoolboy Q
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:43 PM 08-07-2015
Kendrick Lamarrrrrrrrrrrrr
Killer Mike
Tech Nine
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:54 PM 02-03-2022
Bump. I know Hip-Hop /Rap isn't the most popular genre on this forum, but we to re-energize a thread for us flow-centric types.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up