ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Man I sure wish we had Russell Wilson
lcarus 08:03 PM 09-24-2012
Yeah hindsight is 20/20 and admittedly I didn't know much about Wilson at draft time, but then again I'm not paid to scout and draft players for a team that desperately needs a QB. Oh well I guess at least we got Donald Stephenson from OU.........yay.....
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:02 AM 09-25-2012
Ermegerd Gowden Taint
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 AM 09-25-2012
This place pimps a lot of our TRUE studs.

Charles, Houston, Bowe, etc.

Stop sucking off the marginal players like DMC and Baldwin, who have done jack in this league. At one point this year they were going to combine for 1,600 yards of offense according to some people. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:07 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
:-)

McCluster had 100 more yards last season than Tate has in his career.
As a bloody running back, which doesn't make a lick of sense, and you know it.

As an actual wide receiver? No contest, Golden Tate blows Dex away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by PGM:
Jeezus **** this board loves to pimp average to below average players on other teams while bitch about our own.
What?

Golden Tate is a young, ascending player.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:13 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:
As a bloody running back, which doesn't make a lick of sense, and you know it.

As an actual wide receiver? No contest, Golden Tate blows Dex away.

Tate has all of 36 more receiving yards in his career than McCluster.

By that logic Tate is better than Frank Gore because since he has been in the league he has more receiving yards than Gore. After all, as a true WR Tate is better.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:15 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What?

Golden Tate is a young, ascending player.
So, Tate's a gawd in his 3rd year for "catching" an INT, but we cry about Baldwin not being a stud yet and Dwayne Bowe flexing. Got it. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:15 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by -King-:
He hasn't improved at all in the 4 years he's been in the league.
Thats bullshit. His stats have went up every year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by -King-:
How would CP react if Cassel had 69 yards halfway into the 4th quarter? With 41 yards coming on one play.
Yeah - uh, is it okay to point out that Russell Wilson isn't actually that good?

I mean yeah, he's better than Matt Cassel, but the Hawks should be 1-2 right now and used their defense and special teams to dominate the Cowboys, not their offense.

Russell Wilson is being considered a deity around here because he picked on Jalil Brown. Well shit - I'm fairly certain even KU could drive the ball against Jalil Brown.

I've watched all 3 Seahawks games so far this year and I'm just not impressed by Wilson at all. He's been bailed out by 100 different things to this point.

If Russell Wilson is your QB, you're in marginally better shape than the Chiefs, but you still need a new QB, IMO. I'd be very very surprised if he's still a starting QB by 2014.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:26 AM 09-25-2012

Tate has all of 36 more receiving yards in his career than McCluster.

By that logic Tate is better than Frank Gore because since he has been in the league he has more receiving yards than Gore. After all, as a true WR Tate is better.
You cannot include Dex's numbers as a RB.

Completely unfair.

As a WR, Dex has 34 career catches in 14 games, and probably 1/3 of those came with him coming from the backfield in 2010.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:27 AM 09-25-2012
Too bad. His versatility was part of the selection. Yards stand.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:29 AM 09-25-2012
OK, whatever. Tate is still better as a WR.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:33 AM 09-25-2012

Completely unfair.

As a WR, Dex has 34 career catches in 14 games, and probably 1/3 of those came with him coming from the backfield in 2010.
What are you talking about?

Career receiving yards:

McCluster - 679 yds
Tate - 715 yds

It doesn't matter where he is listed as a starter one bit. What am I missing? :-)

As a receiver, Calvin Johnson is better than Ray Rice. But who would you rather have?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:36 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - uh, is it okay to point out that Russell Wilson isn't actually that good?

I mean yeah, he's better than Matt Cassel, but the Hawks should be 1-2 right now and used their defense and special teams to dominate the Cowboys, not their offense.

Russell Wilson is being considered a deity around here because he picked on Jalil Brown. Well shit - I'm fairly certain even KU could drive the ball against Jalil Brown.

I've watched all 3 Seahawks games so far this year and I'm just not impressed by Wilson at all. He's been bailed out by 100 different things to this point.

If Russell Wilson is your QB, you're in marginally better shape than the Chiefs, but you still need a new QB, IMO. I'd be very very surprised if he's still a starting QB by 2014.
I agree with all of this. He had four chances from five yards out to get a TD in their first game to get the win and he couldn't do it. Yeah I know it was the first game but still...
[Reply]
royr17 09:39 AM 09-25-2012

Completely unfair.

Dude, I mean seriously who gives a flying fuck if he's catching passes out of the backfield or in the slot, as long as he contributing to helping make plays and helping this team thats all that matters. There is so much more you can do with McCluster. He can run, catch, return kicks, play the slot, create mismatches, he's a utility player that can cause some serious problems for defenses.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 AM 09-25-2012
What are you talking about?

Career receiving yards:

McCluster - 679 yds
Tate - 715 yds

It doesn't matter where he is listed as a starter one bit. What am I missing?
The debate is who is better as a WR.

Comparing RB receiving yards to WR receiving yards is comparing apples to oranges.

Dex sucks as a WR because he's not very good at beating CBs and is useless going down the field.

He can produce some receiving yards as a RB because he's matched up on linebackers, can catch screens, etc.

That doesn't translate to his play as a WR.

He has about 300 yards as an actual WR, doing WR things, running routes. Period.

End of discussion.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up