ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 56 of 114
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:52 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Everyone agrees the surrounds of Truman sucks...that's why tailgating there became world-renowned. The big advantage is a central location, giant parking lot, and great highway access. Chiefs Nation has adapted to the crappy surrounds by erecting enormous tents, buying $1,500 grills and learning to smoke meat like professionals, and making it their own entertainment district (Donovan just can't figure out a way to capitalize on it though).

People bitch about the traffic leaving Arrowhead already, imagine a location at the west edge of the metro, how many fans will be willing to spend an extra 30-45 each way to an already long day? Not sure, but I'm pretty sure the game day experience will be inferior to the current, and I don't think Chiefs fans are going to spend much time in legoland after the game or populate Margaritville hotel in December. Life after PM may suck.
Do you think everyone lives in Raytown? Legends is closer to OP, about the same distance from downtown, not significantly further to the Northland... yeah, people in Independence/Blue Springs might have to suck it up and drive an extra 30 minutes like most of the metro does now... :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 09:52 AM 04-03-2024
I'm shook at the stupidity I see...people that cavalierly dismiss the economic and entertainment impact of losing the Royals. I'm shook at the low-bar folks that only go to the legends for a throw rug and 10% off a pair of Nikes suddenly believe the Chiefs can build an entertainment district that will attract people for more than 10X a year
Your opinions are pretty dogshit on this matter to be fair
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:54 AM 04-03-2024
I'm shook at the stupidity I see...people that cavalierly dismiss the economic and entertainment impact of losing the Royals. I'm shook at the low-bar folks that only go to the legends for a throw rug and 10% off a pair of Nikes suddenly believe the Chiefs can build an entertainment district that will attract people for more than 10X a year
Yes, the Chiefs 8-10 times a year. Plus.....

Concerts. Final Fours. Super Bowls. etc, etc, etc.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:55 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Voting no does not equate to people wanting the Chiefs to move.
Well sure, but it sure swings the pendulum pretty far in that direction, don't you think?
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:55 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You're fixating on Legoland when the important stuff is hotels, restaurants and bars. A quick glance at the map shows about a dozen hotels and twice as many restaurants at Legends vs. two shitty hotels, a Taco Bell, and a Subway near Arrowhead.

You're right - the tailgating experience would be diminished significantly, and some people will have to drive further. If that was important, perhaps the locals should have voted in favor of keeping Arrowhead where it is.
Let's bring this back...the whole impetus for moving from Arrowhead was the Chief's need to create additional revenue sources, to build their own hotels, concert venue etc. If the legends already has that, how will the Chiefs create new revenue streams? If they punt on the new revenue streams, then why move? At some point, they will need to improve the infrastructure, but I just don't see that location at an improvement for the fans (not that they care). I certainly don't sdee the legends as a destination for most NFL die-hards that travel, although it would be attractive for fans with kids, but I don't think that is the target demo.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:56 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Do you think everyone lives in Raytown? Legends is closer to OP, about the same distance from downtown, not significantly further to the Northland... yeah, people in Independence/Blue Springs might have to suck it up and drive an extra 30 minutes like most of the metro does now... :-)
Thought that was funny. What do you think people are already doing now? :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:56 AM 04-03-2024
And 100%, I'd go to YardHouse at Legends or even Barley's down the road before games, if not tailgating... making fun of pretty much any area in the metro over where the stadiums are located now is absurd.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:57 AM 04-03-2024
What are the odds woogie is 65 years old and lives in lees summit and hasn’t been to the legends since 2010?
[Reply]
Pauly D 09:58 AM 04-03-2024
TSC was built in the 70s when it was envisioned that area would become desirable due to eastern sprawl especially at the intersection of 435/70. That hasn't happened and the area now is run down and industrial - enjoy local roads with no sidewalks, the views of the fellowship of Christian athletes and the hospitality at the burned down Denny's and abandoned Adams Mark. The bones of the stadiums themselves may be not be too bad but the surrounding landscape severely hampers the ability to generate revenue. Donovan was entirely correct. No real estate developer is sinking millions into apartments or offices in that area. You aren't going to get professionals and you also aren't going to get families either as it's in a weak school district.

Between increased attendance and rent from surrounding properties Downtown is far more valuable to the Royals and their ability to be consistently competitive whilst mixed use development for the Chiefs or the inclusion of things like a roof is far more justifiable at Village West because the existing development is already there to accommodate visitors.

The Save the K bandwagon is going to lose either way and I suspect in 10 years time that TSC is no more. It's a relic.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:59 AM 04-03-2024
Let's bring this back...the whole impetus for moving from Arrowhead was the Chief's need to create additional revenue sources, to build their own hotels, concert venue etc. If the legends already has that, how will the Chiefs create new revenue streams? If they punt on the new revenue streams, then why move? At some point, they will need to improve the infrastructure, but I just don't see that location at an improvement for the fans (not that they care). I certainly don't sdee the legends as a destination for most NFL die-hards that travel, although it would be attractive for fans with kids, but I don't think that is the target demo.
I 100% will go to more games if they move out by Legends. I could avoid renting a car entirely and just hang out in the area all weekend before and after the game. I only go to games every year or two as it is - it's just too much of a pain in the ass to get to Arrowhead on a quick trip.

Whether I'm in the majority or not, I can't say, but I'm confident I'm not completely alone.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:00 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And 100%, I'd go to YardHouse at Legends or even Barley's down the road before games, if not tailgating... making fun of pretty much any area in the metro over where the stadiums are located now is absurd.
If we could just get Kansas to legalize recreational, there would be no reason to go to Missouri.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:00 AM 04-03-2024
You're a brat, not a serious person.
You’re out of your element and old and no nothing about real estate
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:02 AM 04-03-2024
The Legends would become the football equivalent of the Braves' Battery... except less walkable.

And if you think Hunt is going to sink hundreds of millions into a facility that allows for Lot A levels of booze and food consumption that the team doesn't see a dime from..
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:13 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I 100% will go to more games if they move out by Legends. I could avoid renting a car entirely and just hang out in the area all weekend before and after the game. I only go to games every year or two as it is - it's just too much of a pain in the ass to get to Arrowhead on a quick trip.

Whether I'm in the majority or not, I can't say, but I'm confident I'm not completely alone.
I've thought about staying in the Crossroads before a game, but end up staying with friends/family just to make it easier to get to a game without needing to rent a car. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's often during the playoffs when tickets and flights can be last minute, so adding a rental and downtown parking is just something else that (for myself, anyway) is easily avoided.

The Legends would definitely fix some of those concerns and would take away the feeling that you have to be all over the city for a place to stay, a place to drink/eat, and then a 3rd place for the game.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:16 AM 04-03-2024
Goddamn woogie, you got dominated in this thread. Maybe you should post less and save yourself the embarrassment.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 114
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Up