Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
Stryker 08:51 PM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
For the love of all that is right in the world, please add Kamari Lassiter to this list.

He's one guy I'd drive a stake in the ground for in the first if we don't move way up for a LT or there aren't a very select couple of WRs sitting in striking distance.

As much as I like Franklin this is one guy who would probably make me flip a coin, especially if we're losing Sneed.
Ok, what if the CHIEFS move towards an offense this season and go full on that direction? DEFENSE won us this last time, how about a focus on OFFENSE this season? Just throwing that out there. Rice, Worthy (or Thomas Jr.) Kelce, Hardman, Pacheco etc?
[Reply]
kccrow 09:17 PM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ok, what if the CHIEFS move towards an offense this season and go full on that direction? DEFENSE won us this last time, how about a focus on OFFENSE this season? Just throwing that out there. Rice, Worthy (or Thomas Jr.) Kelce, Hardman, Pacheco etc?
You can still get a good offense and take a defensive playmaker in the 1st round. I'm confident the Chiefs can get solid WRs from the 2nd round or even the 3rd this year.

Offensively, I'm actually more concerned about the long-term viability at LT and how they solve that than I am going all-in on targets. Not going to lie, I like the flashy objects too and it makes for some fun mocks. It just might be high time to bite that bullet and go get a LT, honestly. You're going to start running out of superstars to trade for high picks. Sneed is likely getting you a 2nd round pick. Use it and move up and solve a problem. If you get pick 50 or better, you can get to 16. Seattle doesn't have a 2nd round pick either.

I'd be just as happy if they add Mooney, Shenault, and Van Jefferson in FA and see where the dust settles at WR. I'm really not all that worried about it. Hell, take a flier on Chase Claypool for free if you want. That's just saying the Chiefs don't even have to draft a WR to make some quality moves offensively.

If you find a way to solve LT in FA or via trade or something, I would be totally for a defensive pick in round 1. Go WR in 2. Hell take 2. I don't care.
[Reply]
O.city 08:45 AM 03-07-2024
Jordan Morgan and Graham Barton are a couple guys I'm looking at that could end up being LTs and good picks at 32.

Both have alot of experience and are both only 22.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Jordan Morgan and Graham Barton are a couple guys I'm looking at that could end up being LTs and good picks at 32.

Both have alot of experience and are both only 22.
Both of those guys also don't meet the arm length requirement.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Both of those guys also don't meet the arm length requirement.
I don't think Barton is a LT at the next level, but Morgan definitely has the athleticism for it. I think it would be a nice fit here.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:00 PM 03-19-2024
Bump! Updated.

Now that we're halfway through free agency, things are becoming more clear.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:02 PM 03-19-2024
I would not be at all surprised if it's one of the Texas Wr's
[Reply]
staylor26 12:48 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I would not be at all surprised if it's one of the Texas Wr's
Feels like it's highly likely it's one of them if they go WR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:15 PM 03-19-2024
If we're gonna draft someone from your list, can you do me a solid and take Coleman and McConkey off it just to be on the safe side?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:10 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If we're gonna draft someone from your list, can you do me a solid and take Coleman and McConkey off it just to be on the safe side?
:-)

They're at the bottom. Good chance they don't make the final cut. Much bigger fan of Coleman than McConkey though.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:11 PM 03-19-2024
It's just really hard to envision any position other than OT or WR.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:14 PM 03-19-2024
That's where I'm at.

I can't remember a year when it's been this clear-cut.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:15 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
That's where I'm at.

I can't remember a year when it's been this clear-cut.
If they traded Sneed or Jones walked, I'd be looking at those positions too.

But Jones signed a massive deal, and not it looks like Sneed will be back, so offense it is.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:28 PM 03-19-2024
If they traded Sneed or Jones walked, I'd be looking at those positions too.

But Jones signed a massive deal, and not it looks like Sneed will be back, so offense it is.
Even if Sneed leaves, it feels like there's some trust in Williams/Watson to hold that down this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:36 AM 03-20-2024
DE still looks rough with Omenihu hurt and FAU not really forcing the issue last year, but it's a buns DE class. Maybe if Newton fell I could see going DT even with Jones but I just don't think Spags sees a need for two interior rushers like that. He likes his NT alongside Jones.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 32
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up