ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
RunKC 10:24 AM 12-24-2022
Just dropped on Netflix yesterday after being in theatres since last month.

Anyone else enjoy this movie? I thought Knives Out was a solid enjoyable film. This one was fun for me too.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:15 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yes and a lot of that's a by-product of his getting involved with Twitter for no good reason.
Again NPC talk, stick to stuff you are knowledgeable about
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:07 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
It had some funny lines and set pieces, but I thought the mystery of who did it was incredibly easy to solve. The ending was also over the top and didn't make much sense. I wouldn't watch it again but I don't regret having watched it either.
I told the Mrs. that I just watched a dumbass stupid movie.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:45 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Again NPC talk, stick to stuff you are knowledgeable about
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/tesl...ry?id=95756733

Originally Posted by :
Moreover, some analysts and major investors have sharply criticized Musk over a perceived lack of focus on Tesla, saying the company needs leadership as it contends with an adverse business environment.

"Musk is viewed as 'asleep at the wheel' from a leadership perspective for Tesla at the time investors need a CEO to navigate this Category 5 storm," Dan Ives, a longtime Tesla bull and managing director of equity research at Wedbush, said in a research note on Thursday.

"Instead Musk is laser focused on Twitter which has been an ongoing nightmare that never ends for investors, with hopes a new CEO is picked in the coming weeks as a first step forward," Ives added.
Perhaps these directors of equity research need to stick to what they are knowledgeable about too. It's amazing how many Elon Musk fan boys are still out there after the past year of utter idiocy.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:48 PM 12-27-2022

Perhaps these directors of equity research need to stick to what they are knowledgeable about too. It's amazing how many Elon Musk fan boys are still out there after the past year.
If you can think of a citizen in the past 10 years who has done more to advance mankind forward with innovation, I'd be all ears.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:51 PM 12-27-2022

Perhaps these directors of equity research need to stick to what they are knowledgeable about too. It's amazing how many Elon Musk fan boys are still out there after the past year of utter idiocy.
Not an "Elon fan boy" by any means, just incredibly obvious that the media told you "Elon Musk bad" and you reprogrammed like a good NPC.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:57 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not an "Elon fan boy" by any means, just incredibly obvious that the media told you "Elon Musk bad" and you reprogrammed like a good NPC.
I don't know, numerous people including you immediately jumping to the guy's defense like this at being called an idiot (which he very obviously revealed himself to be this year with his conduct with Twitter) suggests quite a bit differently.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:58 PM 12-27-2022

The new fan boys are not the old fan boys. It's a new side of the aisle now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:58 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If you can think of a citizen in the past 10 years who has done more to advance mankind forward with innovation, I'd be all ears.
Not sure what that has to do with my post. Don't think I said he's a bad person or that some of the immense wealth he's built up hasn't been used for good.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:02 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The new fan boys are not the old fan boys. It's a new side of the aisle now.
Well whatever they are, he's getting defended a bit too quickly for a guy who has been embarrassing himself for months now.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:08 PM 12-27-2022
Not sure what that has to do with my post. Don't think I said he's a bad person or that some of the immense wealth he's built up hasn't been used for good.
Just answering your question of why he has fan boys. I don't have much of an opinion on the guy himself, but what he has done and is doing is incredibly beneficial for mankind.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:10 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Just answering your question of why he has fan boys. I don't have much of an opinion on the guy himself, but what he has done and is doing is incredibly beneficial for mankind.
I like him way more than your standard billionaire (Gates, Bezos, Zuck).

But Elon’s legacy would have been far better off had he let a PR rep handle his tweets. His image started going downhill the moment he called the leader of the Thailand cave rescue, one of the most daring rescues in recent history (saving children, no less) a audiophile because he gently told Elon his proposal for the rescue wasn’t practical. That was in 2018, and Elon hasn’t been able to help himself since.

It’s also unarguable the damage he single-handedly has done to Tesla. He promised his investors repeatedly in the summer that Tesla shares were off limits in his purchase of twitter. He’s now sold billions of shares to prop up twitter despite repeatedly telling his board otherwise. To pretend in the face of all available evidence that this was some master plan for Elon when it’s corresponded with a complete collapse of Tesla’s stock (despite Tesla having one of its highest revenue years in its history) is just ignoring reality at this point. I fully acknowledge things could bounce back — but Elon had a huge hand in the damage done to his brand this year, and it’s amazing how his fanboys would prefer to dig their heels in than to even acknowledge that possibility.

Again, I like Elon more that most billionaires, but it’s odd how so many refuse to even acknowledge that the guy has made some colossal unforced errors mostly from his inability to control himself from tweeting since around 2018.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 05:44 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I like him way more than your standard billionaire (Gates, Bezos, Zuck).

But Elon’s legacy would have been far better off had he let a PR rep handle his tweets. His image started going downhill the moment he called the leader of the Thailand cave rescue, one of the most daring rescues in recent history (saving children, no less) a audiophile because he gently told Elon his proposal for the rescue wasn’t practical. That was in 2018, and Elon hasn’t been able to help himself since.

It’s also unarguable the damage he single-handedly has done to Tesla. He promised his investors repeatedly in the summer that Tesla shares were off limits in his purchase of twitter. He’s now sold billions of shares to prop up twitter despite repeatedly telling his board otherwise. To pretend in the face of all available evidence that this was some master plan for Elon when it’s corresponded with a complete collapse of Tesla’s stock (despite Tesla having one of its highest revenue years in its history) is just ignoring reality at this point. I fully acknowledge things could bounce back — but Elon had a huge hand in the damage done to his brand this year, and it’s amazing how his fanboys would prefer to dig their heels in than to even acknowledge that possibility.

Again, I like Elon more that most billionaires, but it’s odd how so many refuse to even acknowledge that the guy has made some colossal unforced errors mostly from his inability to control himself from tweeting since around 2018.

Spoiler!
This actually sounds fair enough and more importantly like an original thought.

This however just reeks of NPC drivel:

I found it amusing it that he wrote it long before Elon Musk exposed himself to be a total idiot the past year (and particularly the past few months).
I'm sure you can see the difference.

My feelings on Musk can best be described as indifference.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:53 PM 12-27-2022
My feelings on Musk can best be described as indifference.
Says the guy who has spent multiple posts now defending the guy from being called an idiot after months of doing stupid things.

And sure, I suppose you could spend multiple paragraphs setting out exactly how Elon has been an idiot with respect to Twitter or you could just summarize it all in calling him an idiot like I did. Either way, he's clearly exposed himself to be an idiot through his conduct there.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:06 PM 12-27-2022
Says the guy who has spent multiple posts now defending the guy from being called an idiot after months of doing stupid things.

And sure, I suppose you could spend multiple paragraphs setting out how Elon has been an idiot or you could just summarize it by calling him an idiot like I did.
I haven't actually said anything in defense of Musk. If I was so desperate to defend Musk, and really just a fan boy, why didn't I just call Chiefspants an NPC as well?

The problem isn't that you said something about Musk, it is that you sound just like every other NPC that took a quick turn "in the last year and in particular the last few months" because the TV/media told you to.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:10 PM 12-27-2022
I haven't actually said anything "in defense" of Musk. If I was so desperate to defend Musk, and really just a fan boy, why didn't I just call Chiefspants an NPC as well?
Because you can't really defend the indefensible (Musk's idiotic behavior with respect to Twitter), now can you? What you can do instead is make ad hominem attacks at those pointing out that he has behaved like a moron.

Originally Posted by :
The problem isn't that you said something about Musk, it is that you sound just like every other NPC that took a quick turn "in the last year and in particular the last few months" because the TV/media told you to.
Bizarre stuff here. Do you think I needed the TV/media to read Elon Musk's tweets for me?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up