ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 190
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:39 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That may be so but people still gave a shit about the Chiefs. Even when they sucked and through the Herm years people actually knew alot of the players and paid attention. Not so for the Royals. This city completely was disinterested with the Royals for almost two decades.
Yeah, the Royals didn't even sniff the playoffs most years, or even .500. The Chiefs almost always gave you reasons for hope and pretty quickly turned things back towards mediocrity whenever shit went completely south.

I stopped caring so damn much when they hired Herm, and even then it was tough to miss games.... had a lot of FOMO, I guess, but slowly pulled myself away from having to watch every week.

I still went to a handful of Royals games every year, but those playoff runs were like a long lost love... I had a 20 game pack in 2014 and got in on the ALDS and ALCS games, and I was just in awe at my first playoff game.

I think a lot of people who watch terrible teams rationalize it as "it'll be that much sweeter when they're good!" (however that works), and I think it's actually the opposite. It's harder to quit a team all together, because at that point there's literally zero hope left.... and it is that much sweeter when they pull you back.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:13 PM 07-09-2021
Not really - but I've always been a die hard Royals, Chiefs, Jayhawks fan regardless of if they were good or not. I did not even know one good season of existence of Royals in my life time until 2014 and I still followed them and knew the players.
I forgot to mention this, but the 162 game season makes a difference. The Chiefs play 16 games. That's not much. One three hour period per week. The Royals play every day for 162 games. That's three hours per game. Who has enough free time to follow a losing team for three hours each night, for 162 games? Whenever I miss a Royals game, I always tell myself I'll just catch the next one tomorrow.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:31 PM 07-09-2021
I love the Suns and the Royals but only actually watch when they are good. I do keep up with team news though even when they suck. I havent missed a Chiefs game either in person or on TV since the Trent Green years. Football games are far more interesting to watch even when your team sucks because there's only 16 of them.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:35 PM 07-09-2021
That may be so but people still gave a shit about the Chiefs. Even when they sucked and through the Herm years people actually knew alot of the players and paid attention. Not so for the Royals. This city completely was disinterested with the Royals for almost two decades.
Well duh, they are a baseball team.

[Quickly checks, yup this is a NFL fan site...]

:-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:57 PM 07-09-2021
Can't remember which dumbass was arguing with me on this.
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/st...-all-athletes/
[Reply]
eDave 03:01 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Can't remember which dumbass was arguing with me on this.
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/st...-all-athletes/
Here we go.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:08 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Here we go.
:-) just saw it posted and remembered the debate. That's as far down the path as I'm going.

BTW I love Ayton but man at times he looks like he is moving in slowmo. How do you get your shit blocked by Tucker?
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:13 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I forgot to mention this, but the 162 game season makes a difference. The Chiefs play 16 games. That's not much. One three hour period per week. The Royals play every day for 162 games. That's three hours per game. Who has enough free time to follow a losing team for three hours each night, for 162 games? Whenever I miss a Royals game, I always tell myself I'll just catch the next one tomorrow.
Yep, Sundays for those ~5 months are for football... and you can always watch it recorded in a matter of ~60-90 minutes.

I've had mlb.tv for years and these days when I see the Royals made some kind of dramatic comeback, I just jump on there and catch it.... out of 162, I don’t really care if it lacks the drama of watching all 9 innings.

Outside of 2014/2015, this is about the only time of year I'll start catching full games when I have time... post-hockey (and this year, post-Suns), and as games get more interesting in Sept and of course Oct.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:08 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I love the Suns and the Royals but only actually watch when they are good. I do keep up with team news though even when they suck. I havent missed a Chiefs game either in person or on TV since the Trent Green years. Football games are far more interesting to watch even when your team sucks because there's only 16 of them.
So this dumb clown is a FAIRWEATHER FAN huh?? Who would have guessed??? :-)
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:16 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So this dumb clown is a FAIRWEATHER FAN huh?? Who would have guessed??? :-)
You are without out a doubt the dumbest, most worthless piece of shit on this forum. I've said MULTIPLE times in this thread I only watch full games when the Suns are good. Big fucking deal. That doesn't make your idiotic "lucky" takes any better. Now go suck your daddy's dick some more, the grownups are talking.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:17 PM 07-09-2021
You are without out a doubt the dumbest, most worthless piece of shit on this forum. I've said MULTIPLE times in this thread I only watch full games when the Suns are good. Big ****ing deal. That doesn't make your idiotic "lucky" takes any better. Now go suck your daddy's dick some more, the grownups are talking.
Bro...you're a GLORY HUNTER who would be too ashamed to talk about the suns if they were their normal trash selves...but now they are in the finals after having the luckiest run in nba HISTORY, you wanna run that nasty big mouth of yours?? What a fecking MORON..REAL suns fans would laugh at a phony prick like you :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 10:17 AM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It's a shame Penny got hurt. He was so fun to watch. Him and Shaq were an awesome duo. Much more likeable than Shaq and Overrated Turd Kobe.
He really blossomed as a player and leader in the 97 playoffs against the Heat. One of my favorite series ever but I could ramble on and on about that so I will spare you. Unfortunately, early the next season is when he was overcome by the knee injury and he was never the same. Orlando eventually kind of had to move on from him. Sad story.

It really shows how massive Shaq's ego is when he felt so threatened by a guy who wanted nothing more than to be his sidekick.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:21 AM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Now THAT is a jersey.

As opposed to this:

That jersey is despicable. Whoever created that should be disemboweled in the public square with a rusty mining pick.

Phoenix gets those awesome "The Valley" uniforms. I don't like them better than their old 1993 look though.
[Reply]
MTG#10 12:37 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Bro...you're a GLORY HUNTER who would be too ashamed to talk about the suns if they were their normal trash selves...but now they are in the finals after having the luckiest run in nba HISTORY, you wanna run that nasty big mouth of yours?? What a fecking MORON..REAL suns fans would laugh at a phony prick like you :-)
Glory hunter? The Suns have been my favorite NBA team since the KJ/Thunder Dan/Barkley years. I just don't like the sport as a whole enough to watch shitty basketball. Yes I'm a fairweather fan, but I didn't just start watching them this year dumbass. I pay attention to team news and watch highlights every year, just don't care enough to watch full games when they're garbage.

And your luck take is still moronic, they had the 2nd best record in the league this year after going 8-0 in the bubble. They're a damn good team with two young studs and a young sharpshooter developing.

Oh, look what I found. Two threads from 2007 that I posted about the Suns in. Dumbfuck.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...highlight=Suns

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:09 PM 07-10-2021
Glory hunter? The Suns have been my favorite NBA team since the KJ/Thunder Dan/Barkley years. I just don't like the sport as a whole enough to watch shitty basketball. Yes I'm a fairweather fan, but I didn't just start watching them this year dumbass. I pay attention to team news and watch highlights every year, just don't care enough to watch full games when they're garbage.

And your luck take is still moronic, they had the 2nd best record in the league this year after going 8-0 in the bubble. They're a damn good team with two young studs and a young sharpshooter developing.

Oh, look what I found. Two threads from 2007 that I posted about the Suns in. Dumbfuck.

I'm afraid you might as well be trying to out-logic old Ruprecht pictured here, instead of Ubeja Jr.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 160 of 190
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Up