Page 855 of 934
« First < 355755805845851852853854855 856857858859865905 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:23 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
But once growth stops and goes in reverse, that's the kiss of death for a high multiple growth stock like Netflix.

A lot of other stocks sold off after market but this morning its only other streamers getting creamed, including, my DISNEY.

I'm down about $24 a share in that fucker. :-)
Investors are stupid when they look at growth exclusively (see Wework). Anybody with half a brain should know that Netflix can’t grow forever. There are definitely a finite number of people on the planet to reach.

On the other hand Netflix is also stupid because they shouldn’t have adopted a growth strategy when growth was slowing. It was definitely time to get skinny, and make money or expand into other areas. They doubled down on the growth model. Dumb. Now they have the hard work of getting skinny while trying to rehab their image with investors.

The Silicon Valley / Venture Capital thought of growth at all costs may be really toxic out there.

Re: Disney. I should try to find their call, and see what their projections are. If they’re leaning into streaming platform they probably should take a haircut but They should be getting back on track with parks reopening and that revenue hitting the 10k. But there might be a stay away factor after the leak of the woke stuff. IDK.
[Reply]
neech 09:11 AM 04-20-2022
CAR is busting out, I'm thinking HRZ will be doing same thing when they report their earnings next week. I picked up a few stocks.
[Reply]
scho63 10:10 AM 04-20-2022
My stocks are getting blown up worse than Mariupol
[Reply]
neech 10:20 AM 04-20-2022
I sold most of my tech stocks back at the beginning of the year so I'm not in too bad shape.
[Reply]
scho63 11:04 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by neech:
I sold most of my tech stocks back at the beginning of the year so I'm not in too bad shape.
Nice timing! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 01:37 PM 04-21-2022
Facebook at a 13 P/E ???

When does that become a screaming buy???

My portfolio is taking on more water than the Moskva
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:50 PM 04-21-2022
Facebook at a 13 P/E ???

When does that become a screaming buy???

My portfolio is taking on more water than the Moskva
I dumped Tilray. It broke the resistance and decided I'd had enough. So when it takes off, I'll take credit.

I also dumped UNP. It beat it's earnings projections, and the price didn't respond. So I don't want to play.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:55 PM 04-21-2022
Holy balls. That Netflix gap is enormous, no matter what scale you put the chart on. Yuck.

So what happened to the market today? Everything is in the toilet.
[Reply]
scho63 02:02 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I dumped Tilray. It broke the resistance and decided I'd had enough. So when it takes off, I'll take credit.

I also dumped UNP. It beat it's earnings projections, and the price didn't respond. So I don't want to play.
I'm really shocked by this stock. It has so much going right but the market is not kind to too much of anything right now.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:07 PM 04-21-2022
I'm really shocked by this stock. It has so much going right but the market is not kind to too much of anything right now.
I hear you. Everything else I have is in DIA, QQQ, and SPY I should probably dup them too.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:47 PM 04-21-2022
I'm less surprised that Netflix is losing subscribers than I am that it took this long for it to happen. They've bumped their price by over 50% since 2015. That took it from "no brainer" territory (at $10/month) to "is it as good as HBO?" territory at the current $15.49. And now you have others filling in on the no brainer side like AppleTV, which is only $5/month. It's just hard to justify keeping Netflix.

Now, does that reasonably suggest that a 40% correction is in order? No. But it seems like investing is becoming a game of overreactions anymore, so I'm not surprised that it's happening.
[Reply]
-King- 02:51 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm less surprised that Netflix is losing subscribers than I am that it took this long for it to happen. They've bumped their price by over 50% since 2015. That took it from "no brainer" territory (at $10/month) to "is it as good as HBO?" territory at the current $15.49. And now you have others filling in on the no brainer side like AppleTV, which is only $5/month. It's just hard to justify keeping Netflix.

Now, does that reasonably suggest that a 40% correction is in order? No. But it seems like investing is becoming a game of overreactions anymore, so I'm not surprised that it's happening.
I think Netflix is looked at like basic cable for most people. It's the base streaming service and the others are specialties.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:52 PM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:

They still didn’t break even. It’s one thing to eat losses when you’re on a growth strategy. Those losses are explainable. Now they’re eating losses while trying and failing to expand. That’s pretty gnarly.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:15 PM 04-21-2022
Yep, I had a huge green day yesterday but gave most of it back today.

Fundrise is my only steady green account lately.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:36 PM 04-21-2022
I've made a whopping 2 trades in the past 2 months in my brokerage account. No reason to give your money back when the market isn't trending in the right direction.

I'm still dollar cost averaging into my 401k at this time for index funds. I am making consistent contributions to my ROTH IRA but leaving some as cash for now.
[Reply]
Page 855 of 934
« First < 355755805845851852853854855 856857858859865905 > Last »
Up