ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2280 of 2690
« First < 1280178021802230227022762277227822792280 2281228222832284229023302380 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:49 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ehh they just don't have much talent on that side of the ball. I'm sure they're still way more fun to watch, and the future is brighter than it's been in some time.

It's actually probably better for them that they have one more year of high draft picks.
They've got two top 5 draft picks at CB and pass rusher.

They really should not be allowing 35 PPG. That is an absurd number.. The next scoring defense is only allowing 28 PPG lol
[Reply]
jjjayb 07:37 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is pretty funny because the offense has looked really good thus far in the season. About 32.3 offensive PPG four games in.

The 2018 offense averaged 35.3 PPG for the entire year lol that offense was a different monster.
Back when we still had Kareem and a running game. We keep the run game going like we did last week and we'll be back up over 35 ppg this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:42 AM 10-06-2022

They really should not be allowing 35 PPG. That is an absurd number.. The next scoring defense is only allowing 28 PPG lol
Read an article this morning about Hutchinson's boom/bust potential. He has 3 sacks in 4 games but all 3 of them were against the Commanders. His pass rush win rate is like 4th lowest of all starting DE's.

They're getting less out of him than we're getting out of Karlaftis. That's rough.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:16 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Read an article this morning about Hutchinson's boom/bust potential. He has 3 sacks in 4 games but all 3 of them were against the Commanders. His pass rush win rate is like 4th lowest of all starting DE's.

They're getting less out of him than we're getting out of Karlaftis. That's rough.
That's what I'm saying. They have, and have had, talent; they're just not putting it all together.

Okudah spent his first couple seasons injured. They had Quandre Diggs and let him walk. They had Darius Slay and let him walk. Hutch has potential- we'll see..

They do look pretty bad on paper on defense, though. Outside of Hutch, Okudah and Rodrigo, seems like they've got a bunch of replacement-level guys.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:22 AM 10-06-2022

Okudah up until this year has looked like a bust/brokedick and wasn't drafted by this current regime.

They basically have him, Hutchinson, and their surprise rookie LB Malcolm Rodriguez. That's it.

Most of their early draft choices so far have been offense, and they've clearly done a great job building that up. Like I said, they haven't even unleashed Jameson Williams yet.

I beleive they will turn their focus to QB and defense this offseason, and they've earned the benefit of the doubt that they can continue to build successfully.
[Reply]
-King- 08:50 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Hard to argue with any of these but I would put "the run" at #1

My favorite all time PM play will always be the 49ers TD. That was my moment.

I knew everything about the chiefs was about to change after that play.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:39 AM 10-06-2022
Mine was the wheel route to Sherman. I shed a few manly tears.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:10 PM 10-06-2022
GET
YOUR POPCORN
READY

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:19 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
My favorite all time PM play will always be the 49ers TD.

I knew everything about the chiefs was about to change after that play.
I'm surprised this was so many people's moment and not any one of the 10 TDs he threw in the previous two weeks lol
[Reply]
crispystl 12:56 PM 10-06-2022
I'm surprised this was so many people's moment and not any one of the 10 TDs he threw in the previous two weeks lol
Was that before or after the Steelers game?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:02 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Was that before or after the Steelers game?
After.

Week 3 - first home game.

Putting the stadium crowd in the soundtrack and just the sheer jaw-dropping nature of the play sets it apart, IMO.

I remember the touchdown to Sausage because it was a DIME to a fullback. And from the Steelers game he uncorked an absolutely hellacious piss-missile to Kelce.

But the Conley TD against the 49ers was when you knew he wasn't just good and this wasn't just Cam Newton's hot start. This was something completely different and just special.

I was 90% certain we had our guy for the next decade prior to that play but once that happened I closed the book. This was our dude and was on his way to being a champion someday.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But the Conley TD against the 49ers was when you knew he wasn't just good and this wasn't just Cam Newton's hot start. This was something completely different and just special.
first time in my life i yelled at a qb to give up on the play and he told me to go fuck myself and i ate shit
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:35 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
first time in my life i yelled at a qb to give up on the play and he told me to go fuck myself and i ate shit
The place was momentarily awestruck before everyone realized what they'd just seen. You can kinda hear the crowd sort of ramp up as more and more people come to their senses.

Like I said - that was the moment you knew the kid was a different sort of talent out there.

I think part of it was that we were all expecting to have our chairs pulled out from under us or something. After the Broncos game, an off-season of anticipation and then those 2 games, we were all still a little worried that it was something that would come crashing to earth and this was just the football gods torturing us again.

That was a double deuce to the ghosts of quarterbacks past.
[Reply]
-King- 01:39 PM 10-06-2022
That play was the difference between, yeah he's a great QB and "omg, this is probably the best QB I'll ever see."
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:52 PM 10-06-2022
I fell in love with the IDEA of Mahomes during his first Pre-Season against the Titans.
After snoozing through the Alex Smith every week in previous seasons, some of the passes Pat made in that game made my jaw drop.

When I knew Pat was for real? During the comeback win in his first start against the Broncos.
[Reply]
Page 2280 of 2690
« First < 1280178021802230227022762277227822792280 2281228222832284229023302380 > Last »
Up