ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 295
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:26 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There are 3 RBs in the pro bowl each year, right? You think in the next 4 years he will pass 5 of those guys twice? Write off next year because I'd be shocked if he's not in a fairly heavy rotation w/ Williams.
Kareem Hunt would have made two Pro Bowls in his first two seasons, so yeah, I think there's a high probability that he will, especially considering there are alternates, too.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:26 PM 04-24-2020
Would Taylor’s 900+ college carries bother anyone?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:27 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Explaining taking a smaller, slower, less productive RB because he caught more passes, oh hell yes:-)
You're right. I can't believe the Chiefs' Front Office (Reid, Bienemy, Veach, McCullough, Hunt, Pat, etc.) ****ed this up so badly. How could they not see exactly what you are saying? It's so freaking simple!
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:28 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If he took the wonderlic his score would be potato.
That coming from a guy thinking....

Take the 5-8 208 4.6 less productive guy over the bigger faster more productive guy.

:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:29 PM 04-24-2020
So when do we stop with this?

Taylor is bigger, more powerful, gained far more NCAA yards, ran a far faster 40, scored far more TD;s.

So what are we going with?
You've basically listed all the reasons priest Holmes shouldn't be good. I would have been fine with the Dobbins pick too. But man, CEH is as good if not probably a better runner but he blows them away as a receiver.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
None of us with brains ever considered Taylor an option, it's why he wasn't discussed at all.
I don't want to shit on Taylor. Taylor, to me, is Josh Jacobs but better. And had he returned for his senior season he'd have rewritten the NCAA record books (after setting them on fire and pissing on the ashes - he'd have wrecked records). The only guy to do anything approaching what Taylor did in 3 seasons is Herschel Walker and Walker was 1,000 yards behind him.

Taylor's college career was remarkable.

But he just wasn't the right fit here. I don't understand why that's so difficult for a couple of people to understand. Had we gone a different route in round 1 and Taylor were still there somehow in round 2, I'd have absolutely grabbed him and found a way to incorporate his strengths into the offense (he'd probably end up a better version of what we have in Williams; we know it can be done).

But being a great player doesn't mean he'd have been the best player here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:30 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I know it's a small deal in the grand scheme of things. But I can't hear the name Darwin Thompson without thinking about him trying to toss the ball away after recovering Sorensona strip vs houston.

Dudes a decent runner but not sure he was grasping the offense. Chiefs looked terrified about putting him in pass pro.
With the expanded rosters beyond 53, he might stick around. Maybe that 2nd year is enough time for him to not be quite AS stupid, and he'll actually be able to contribute some?

At the very least, I hope this has been enough time for him to study up on the rules of advancing the football on turnovers.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:30 PM 04-24-2020
Explaining taking a smaller, slower, less productive RB because he caught more passes, oh hell yes:-)
Okay you need to be banned from the thread you aren't even listening
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:31 PM 04-24-2020

Take the 5-8 208 4.6 less productive guy over the bigger faster more productive guy.

Bigger isn't as important in our offense.

Faster isn't as important as quickness and playing in space.

And any capable every down RB who can also play WR is a goddamn cheat code with kcs offense.

Oh, and he won't fumble the damn ball.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 04-24-2020

:-) @ a guy thinking college stats are important to evaluating talent and projecting to the pros.

Quick, someone get this guy Tim Tebow!

And that Patrick Mahomes guy, he's a loser! He never won anything in college!
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 02:32 PM 04-24-2020
No it's not, I look at that total package, Taylor is bigger, faster and more productive. Simply facts,
Dude, don’t be a hater. JT brings a lot to the table, but 18 fumbles can’t be ignored, neither can the fact that CEH is the best pass catching HB in this draft-Which fits Andy Reid’s offense ideally. CEH is a better fit for us. We have a bad ass QB, who passes a lot. CEH gives us a weapon in the passing game AND the running game. It’s just that simple.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:32 PM 04-24-2020
I can see Ubeja Vontell actually being Kevin Kietzman pretending to be black to get more cred
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:34 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Okay you need to be banned from the thread you aren't even listening
In other words......look guy we wanted the smaller slower less productive RB because he can probably help us better in the passing game, don't question it.

So I need to just agree?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:35 PM 04-24-2020
Even if he DOES run 4.6, it doesn't matter. We need a chain mover, not a guy who's going to score 60-yard TDs.

This offense needs a guy to hit singles and doubles, not a home-run hitter.

Mahomes can go yard at any time. What he does need, is more guys on base.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:35 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
Dude, don’t be a hater. JT brings a lot to the table, but 18 fumbles can’t be ignored, neither can the fact that CEH is the best pass catching HB in this draft-Which fits Andy Reid’s offense ideally. CEH is a better fit for us. We have a bad ass QB, who passes a lot. CEH gives us a weapon in the passing game AND the running game. It’s just that simple.
CEH is a better runner between the tackles.

Or as Veach said, the BEST in this draft class at running between the tackles.

Yeah, im kind of forced to shit on Taylor to argue with Ubeja. I do think Taylor is a good back.

But i won't sit here and pretend like CEH isn't a better runner between the tackles. He just is. It's not JUST about his ability in the passing game. He's a better pure runner too.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 295
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up