ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
eDave 03:31 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
It reminds me of the answers I get when I ask why we do the stupid time change twice a year.

Me: This is dumb, why do we do this?

Someone else: Because we always have!

Me: Well that seems like a perfectly good reason to continue...
Come on. There have been multiple discussions here about time changes and why they were put into place.
[Reply]
eDave 03:32 PM 08-01-2021
FIRE AND BRIMSTONE RAINING FROM THE SKY! DOGS AND CATS SLEEPING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA!!!
Wear a hat.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:32 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Come on. There have been multiple discussions here about time changes and why they were put into place.
Oh I know, I've heard them all, and not one of them makes a damn bit of sense.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:33 PM 08-01-2021
Society is falling apart.
“Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is lost
The best lack all conviction, while the worst are filled with passionate intensity.”

Yeats.
[Reply]
eDave 03:33 PM 08-01-2021
Oh I know, I've heard them all, and not one of them makes a damn bit of sense.
That AZ does not participate makes sense.
[Reply]
notorious 03:33 PM 08-01-2021
Have a little class FFS.
[Reply]
dmahurin 03:48 PM 08-01-2021
I just can't fathom looking at a man and caring at all about what clothes or hairstyle or hat they have on.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:51 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
still nobody has told me why it is impolite to wear your hat at the table. People have said it is, people have been told it is. Nobody has ever said why it is.

And though this may seem like an age thing, I'm 54 and could not give less of a fuck if you wear your hat or not.
According to the etiquette experts over at the Emily Post Institute, the act of removing your hat indoors is a longtime sign of respect. In fact, it probably began with medieval knights. The Institute writes that back in Medieval Europe, any knight who failed to remove his helmet or lift his visor to identify himself could face fatal consequences. Knights also removed their helmets as a sign of vulnerability and trust in churches and in the presence of women and royalty.

The rule also has roots in Christianity, as it’s considered customary for men to remove their hats upon entering a church.

But perhaps the strictest rules of Western hat etiquette exist in the U.S. Flag Code, which advises men to take off their hats during the national anthem—no matter where it’s being played. While the flag code is certainly not a law (it’s just an advisory), its inclusion of hat etiquette cements the idea that wearing a hat in the wrong situation is the epitome of rudeness.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:51 PM 08-01-2021
Society is falling apart.
Cue the Cary Grant meme.

[Reply]
stanleychief 03:52 PM 08-01-2021
If I'm not comfortable wearing a T-shirt to a specific restaurant, then I'm also not comfortable wearing a hat there. That being said, I wouldn't judge someone for doing so unless it was completely out of line. Like wearing a Broncos hat anywhere but a sewage treatment plant.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:53 PM 08-01-2021
I’ve learned there are a lot of badass ‘Brahs’ on this site who don’t care about manners.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:56 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Cue the Cary Grant meme.

I also like the one that says the same but has a young man with his pants below his ass. That compares the way people dress during Cary Grant days and the 2000's.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:00 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
According to the etiquette experts over at the Emily Post Institute, the act of removing your hat indoors is a longtime sign of respect. In fact, it probably began with medieval knights. The Institute writes that back in Medieval Europe, any knight who failed to remove his helmet or lift his visor to identify himself could face fatal consequences. Knights also removed their helmets as a sign of vulnerability and trust in churches and in the presence of women and royalty.

The rule also has roots in Christianity, as it’s considered customary for men to remove their hats upon entering a church.

But perhaps the strictest rules of Western hat etiquette exist in the U.S. Flag Code, which advises men to take off their hats during the national anthem—no matter where it’s being played. While the flag code is certainly not a law (it’s just an advisory), its inclusion of hat etiquette cements the idea that wearing a hat in the wrong situation is the epitome of rudeness.
Veterans can leave their hats on and salute during the playing of the National Anthem. I prefer to do this. I also stand at rigid attention and don't say a word (well, except "Chiefs!").
[Reply]
srvy 04:04 PM 08-01-2021
Cary Grant was a Limey born in Bristol UK. We escaped the Monarchy and Knight's blue blood all the crap. Why do we want to recreate that bullshit here in the US.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:06 PM 08-01-2021
THIS SHIT ISN'T FUNNY YOU SONS OF BITCHES

[Reply]
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up