Page 110 of 112
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:12 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Shannahan is one of the best coaches in the league. Dude knows how to scheme offense as good as anyone not named Andy Reid. That was evident in the 2nd half.

He's stuck like his pal McVay was when he had Goff. He can't win like this. There's a reason Kyle tried to lure Brady to SF last Spring.

Remember his buddy McVay couldn't win without a top QB. His father couldn't win without a top QB.

He isn't winning with Brock Purdy
To be fair most coaches don't win a title without that QB including BB and Andy
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:13 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Remind us, which QBs were still available when they drafted Lance?
He traded up for him. He can own all of that blame.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:14 AM 02-13-2024
Kyle wanted Kirk Cousins in 2017. That's a big reason why he didn't draft Mahomes. According to his father, he was willing to trade the 3rd overall pick to Minnesota for Kirk.

I'd put good money on Kyle going after Kirk next month now that he's a FA. It's gonna take work to figure that out but I think that's gonna be his plan.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:16 AM 02-13-2024
Kyle wanted Kirk Cousins in 2017. That's a big reason why he didn't draft Mahomes. According to his father, he was willing to trade the 3rd overall pick to Minnesota for Kirk.

I'd put good money on Kyle going after Kirk next month now that he's a FA. It's gonna take work to figure that out but I think that's gonna be his plan.
Zero chance that happens. Purdy on a rookie deal is their best bet with the roster as it stands today. They can't pay Cousins and keep their core together.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:16 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He had his chance to draft/develop a franchise-caliber QB... and he blew it on Trey Lance.
Yes and no..

Look at the other QBs in that draft, they picked the wrong year to suck ass so they had the ability to move. The only QB I think would have made it work is Lawrence and Jacksonville wasn't gonna do that.

Look at the others..

Zach Wilson
Trey Lance
Justin Fields
Mac Jones

Kyle Trask
Kellen Mond
Davis Mills

It was a really really bad QB year, Mac Jones would basically be Brock Purdy in SF the only one I think would be any better is Wilson and that is provided Shanahan could work with him.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Remind us, which QBs were still available when they drafted Lance?
That only works if Lance fell into their lap.

They aggressively traded up for him.
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM 02-13-2024
They'd have to cut Kittle and probably Armstead to make Cousins work.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Zero chance that happens. Purdy on a rookie deal is their best bet with the roster as it stands today. They can't pay Cousins and keep their core together.
Yea they can't do that, matter of fact they are already going to have massive issues keeping their talent together without paying a QB.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:18 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
They'd have to cut Kittle and probably Armstead to make Cousins work.
They'd probably lose those 2 and Aiyuk...and Chase Young.

If you take away their talent advantage to improve QB to the Cousins level they actually get worse.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 02-13-2024

Can't do it. Roster is too locked in and I don't see Cousins taking $5 million to go to SF.

They have to ride this out for one and probably two more seasons with Purdy. I mean it's not going to work, but the way they've built their roster and their cap pretty much gives them no alternative.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:21 AM 02-13-2024

Dude what? There is no way that is happening.
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They'd probably lose those 2 and Aiyuk...and Chase Young.

If you take away their talent advantage to improve QB to the Cousins level they actually get worse.
Young and Aiyuk are gone anyway.

They could probably get a late 1 for Aiyuk.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:22 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can't do it. Roster is too locked in and I don't see Cousins taking $5 million to go to SF.

They have to ride this out for one and probably two more seasons with Purdy. I mean it's not going to work, but the way they've built their roster and their cap pretty much gives them no alternative.
In 2 years Kyle Shanahan is going to bolt, their roster is going to be old and not talented and he's going to have an overpaid game manager QB.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:23 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Young and Aiyuk are gone anyway.

They could probably get a late 1 for Aiyuk.
Their talent advantage is the only reason they win games, if you take Aiyuk and Kittle off that team then your top weapons are an RB who just touched the ball a huge amount of times with an injury history and a WR who is always injured...

Trent Williams is a declining player and the rest of their line is marginal.
[Reply]
DCTwister 11:24 AM 02-13-2024
Speaking of Veach and how kick-ass our GM is, this really warms my heart. According to Spotrac, teams with least cap space:

31. Buffalo, $51.8M OVER the salary cap
30. Miami, $51.2M OVER
29. LA Chargers, $44M OVER
28. Denver, $25.7M OVER

17. KC, $22.6M UNDER
[Reply]
DCTwister 02-13-2024, 11:24 AM
This message has been deleted by DCTwister. Reason: duplicate
Page 110 of 112
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112 >
Up