« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2021 Thread ****
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 08-27-2021
Week 3 schedule

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:54 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Point is, only Cincy's weaker performances are mentioned by the show and people while they gloss over crappy games by P5 teams.

I would put Cincy at #2. Michigan has one good win, a loss, and those bad performances against Rutgers and Cornballers.
I don't know how you can knock Michigan for that game at Nebraska or say it was a bad performance when just like the other 6 teams that played Nebraska put up similar results. Nebraska is not Tulsa or whatever that team was Cincinnati needed a goal line stand to beat.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:18 PM 11-30-2021
If this is true USC needs to lose some schollies and get a bowl ban

https://twitter.com/georgewrighster/...194VC1Ouw&s=19
[Reply]
tredadda 12:00 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I would agree if Cincinnati wasn't playing this weekend or if they were playing an unranked team.

The way it should be viewed (IMO) is nothing before yesterday matters.... Cincinnati is #4 and they have to play their way out of it.

In other words, at the end of the weekend, there shouldn't be this over-analyzing SoS and all these other things, because all of that is taken into account in their #4 ranking.

So, it only comes down to how much more/less impressive the wins/losses are this weekend on whether Cincinnati is in or out. What's a win against Baylor versus a win against Houston? If Ok St beats the higher ranked team by 3 more touchdowns than Cincinnati's win, is that impressive enough to give them the nod?

All that said, there could be something said about recalibrating at the end of the season and saying a quality win at the time probably wasn't or whatever, given preseason polls are bullshit... but, they kind of make their bed by over-rating teams early in the season, which throws wrenches in everything, so there's really no going back from that.
I love where you are going and truly hope Cincinnati is a lock if they win. Problem is with OSU beating OU and Baylor in back to back weeks, they will make a strong case to leapfrog Cincy. Plus there will be those who want Alabama in the playoffs and will do almost anything to justify that. In this scenario, it looks like Cincy will be the odd team out.

Deep down I think most voters are hoping Cincinnati loses to Houston so that "problem" goes away. As weird as it sounds, there is still an off chance ND makes it which would make the voters even happier as many don't want to see Cincinnati or OSU in the playoffs.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:49 AM 12-01-2021
good discussion here. It has been interesting

Go Hawkeyes
[Reply]
RustShack 10:54 AM 12-01-2021
Georgia
Michigan
Cincinnati
Oklahoma St.

Two Big12 schools make the playoffs.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:08 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Alabama
Michigan
Cincinnati
Oklahoma St.

Two Big12 schools make the playoffs.
No big 12 schools have deserved to make the playoff in like a decade. What a sad excuse at a football conference. And Georgia can lose by 3 TDs and still make the playoff. Everyone is going to be rooting for Bama to lose.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:10 AM 12-01-2021
Kelly’s farewell speech leaked.

“It’s been a magical 12 years, but I’m out!”

Part 2

This is it. A 4 min total video pic.twitter.com/a0Lh5O0Uk2

— Chief (@BarstoolChief) December 1, 2021

[Reply]
RustShack 11:24 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No big 12 schools have deserved to make the playoff in like a decade. What a sad excuse at a football conference. And Georgia can lose by 3 TDs and still make the playoff. Everyone is going to be rooting for Bama to lose.
Whoops I meant Georgia.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:38 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I love where you are going and truly hope Cincinnati is a lock if they win. Problem is with OSU beating OU and Baylor in back to back weeks, they will make a strong case to leapfrog Cincy. Plus there will be those who want Alabama in the playoffs and will do almost anything to justify that. In this scenario, it looks like Cincy will be the odd team out.

Deep down I think most voters are hoping Cincinnati loses to Houston so that "problem" goes away. As weird as it sounds, there is still an off chance ND makes it which would make the voters even happier as many don't want to see Cincinnati or OSU in the playoffs.
I liked seeing the computer rankings, because then you could see, let's say OK St being 5 points behind prior to last weekend and then the difference between beating ECU and OU got them within 1 point.

Whether those rankings were accurate or not, you could at least make somewhat educated guesses on how impressive one win would have to be if both teams win, given the differences in opponent rank.

So, that is a consideration to my previous post... we have to assume OSU is a much stronger #5 than they were a week ago. I noticed Houston is 22 in the CFP poll even though they're 16 in AP, so I'm sure that helps OSU's case.

Yeah, it would be far easier if Cincinnati would just lose, heh... Notre Dame getting in would be awful, but could definitely happen if OK St and Cincy lose.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:00 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Kelly’s farewell speech leaked.

“It’s been a magical 12 years, but I’m out!”

:-).

I’d be sompissed if my coach dragged me there at 7 for that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:04 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-).

I’d be sompissed if my coach dragged me there at 7 for that.
They should have booed that piece of shit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:12 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:

The committee has already said they will start to factor in player loss and coaching changes soon. I think that makes ND an automatic rejection, take them out. Brian Kelly really fucked them.

Oklahoma State is getting in with a win.

I don't see Iowa beating Michigan. They will have a seat at the table.

The SEC champ is automatically in.

Spot #3 is a Wild Card. If Alabama wins, I think it's a lock that Georgia gets #3. If Georgia wins and Cincinnati wins, it's a lock.

It gets real interesting if Cincinnati and Okie State both lose, which is possible.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:28 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They should have booed that piece of shit.
Eh. Kelly really didn't do anything THAT crazy. Riley, OTOH, has fucked Oklahoma sideways.
[Reply]
RustShack 01:59 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Eh. Kelly really didn't do anything THAT crazy. Riley, OTOH, has fucked Oklahoma sideways.
No different than what Oklahoma did to the Big12.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:10 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The committee has already said they will start to factor in player loss and coaching changes soon. I think that makes ND an automatic rejection, take them out. Brian Kelly really fucked them.

Oklahoma State is getting in with a win.

I don't see Iowa beating Michigan. They will have a seat at the table.

The SEC champ is automatically in.

Spot #3 is a Wild Card. If Alabama wins, I think it's a lock that Georgia gets #3. If Georgia wins and Cincinnati wins, it's a lock.

It gets real interesting if Cincinnati and Okie State both lose, which is possible.
I hope you are right. Cincinnati is far more deserving of being in the playoffs over a 2 loss Alabama although there are people out there justifying Alabama getting in as one of the four best teams.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 174
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Up