ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 39
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
-King- 04:31 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
what's your split/when do you work bis?

Maybe try an arms day and do supersets of biceps and triceps. It feels great to have both pumped at the same time. Your arms will feel giant
I do 3 sets of a moderately heavy weight preacher curls for 8-12 reps increasing the reps/weight when I hit 8, 10, 12 reps on the last set.

Then I do 4 light weight sets of close grip ez grip curls where I try to hit 12 reps on each set with about a 30-45 second rest

And I try to do chinups every other day whenever I'm bored.
[Reply]
SupDock 04:37 PM 11-08-2022
Yeah, that's just high creatinine and it's barely out of range. Don't worry about it. Just stop the creatine, keep drinkning water, and don't do a heavy workout a day or two before you go back in. You don't even need to change your diet or anything.

That 72 egfr does not mean you only have 72% kidney function. It's just an estimated ratio based on the other measured values.
Yep. It’s a normal kidney function
[Reply]
SupDock 04:39 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think I'm the only one in the world that just hates working out biceps. Every single bicep exercise (which are all basically a variation of a curl) are boring as fuck. Preacher curls. Boring. Low weight, high rep. Boring. High weight low rep. Boring. 21s. Boring. Dumbbell curls. Boring. Hammer curls. Boring.

I have to force myself to get through working out biceps.
The pump is so good, and I have had some good cosmetic results.

Variation is key. Keeps changing it up to keep it fresh.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:42 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I have learned as I've gotten older, that I just can't do as much frequency. I generally lift 3x per week, 60-75 minute sessions though. Between work and life, I don't really want to be getting up at 4 am another day of the week. However, I do float workouts within a routine so if I wanted to do a 4th workout in a week, I can.

I also very much vary my loads and intensity, depending on how my body is feeling. Feeling good, I will blast heavy sets for a few weeks doing singles, doubles and triples. Feeling beat up, I will go to 8-12 reps and decrease the volume. I used to be a prescribed reps/sets kind of guy but too many other factors in life happen to creep into the gym as you age.

I'll post my new routine after this. It's 5 workouts and I just do them in order, so some weeks my chest only gets hit once and in others it will be 2, same with other muscle groups besides legs which always get hit twice a week. It depends how those 5 workouts rotate into a 3 day lifting routine. Hope that makes sense.
Welcome to getting old! My only advice is listen to your body. Don't try and fight it and end up spending a year getting surgeries and recovering.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:26 PM 11-08-2022
Loochy is spot on.

Drop the creatine and make sure you are very hydrated next time they test you. I bet everything will be fine.
[Reply]
In58men 07:41 PM 11-08-2022
Can I still take BCAAs? Or just stick with only water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
loochy 07:50 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can I still take BCAAs? Or just stick with only water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, everything else should be fine.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:22 PM 11-22-2022
Not very happy with my chest is coming along. So I do upper/lower split would it hurt to throw in another chest workout in those upper workouts? I usually do 2 different chest workouts per upper day
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:36 PM 11-26-2022
Finally did hack squat again after a month. Did lightweight and had no knee pain
[Reply]
loochy 09:20 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not very happy with my chest is coming along. So I do upper/lower split would it hurt to throw in another chest workout in those upper workouts? I usually do 2 different chest workouts per upper day
Instead, focus more on form and really squeezing your pecs hard on every rep. Hold the squeeze at max contraction for two seconds. Also do a two second pause at the maximum stretch position of each exercise (but don't rest, like resting a barbell on your chest during bench press).

Also, maybe try forced reps, drop sets, or up your weight. Add intensity instead of volume.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:31 PM 11-26-2022
Instead, focus more on form and really squeezing your pecs hard on every rep. Hold the squeeze at max contraction for two seconds. Also do a two second pause at the maximum stretch position of each exercise (but don't rest, like resting a barbell on your chest during bench press)
It was on the hack squat machine. I did place my feet a bit higher. I'm guessing that's what originally was placing the stress on my knees
[Reply]
loochy 09:50 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It was on the hack squat machine. I did place my feet a bit higher. I'm guessing that's what originally was placing the stress on my knees
What? You asked about chest
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:53 PM 11-26-2022
Jeremy Ethier has done several good chest videos lately on youtube.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:59 PM 11-26-2022
What? You asked about chest
My bad thought you were responding to the squats
[Reply]
lewdog 10:11 PM 11-26-2022
How many wild turkeys tonight Billy?
[Reply]
Page 33 of 39
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Up