ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 192
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:49 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
PFF was on 610 again bad-mouthing this trade. According to these "experts" Veach's way to build a team is not sustainable and we will be in BIG TROUBLE in 4- 5 years!!

Sorry guys, enjoy all the Super Bowls now, because in a half-decade or so- we will be devoid of talent and in Cap Hell!!

It is completely irresponsible to try to win now with one of the best O lines in the NFL to protect our QB. The super-secret insider data PROVES IT!!
Thanks for sharing that.

They've also never given OBJ an elite grade in pass protection OR run blocking. Although he's been a key component in the best running attack in football the last 3 years. To go along with that, OBJ didn't even register a QB hit in pass protection in over 700 snaps at LT.

PFF has many flaws. They can start with their arrogance.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:58 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He went for smaller compensation because it turns out he isn’t signing a long term extension. Trent Williams only brought a 2nd round pick (similar compensation) last offseason for a similar reason.

Here’s how this is going to play out:

Brown will make the pro bowl at LT this year
KC will franchise tag him next offseason
KC will sign him to the biggest contract ever for an OL right before the draft.

My guess is 6 years, 141m. 50m guaranteed

And he will be worth every penny.
I agree with that. The finances will be much different by then. With the salary cap exoloding and Frank Clark likely not being on the books we'll pay OBJ. Indeed he'll be worth it.

Who knows, Reek may not be here as well. I hope he is though.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:16 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Thanks for sharing that.

They've also never given OBJ an elite grade in pass protection OR run blocking. Although he's been a key component in the best running attack in football the last 3 years. To go along with that, OBJ didn't even register a QB hit in pass protection in over 700 snaps at LT.

PFF has many flaws. They can start with their arrogance.
Don't give a shit about Odell Beckham Jr. I am curious when he switched to LT though.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:23 PM 04-27-2021
All of the PFF employees should go live on broadcast tv

announce they are part of PFF

then kill themselves by seppuku as penance to all football fans

die slow you pff fags
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:35 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Five years? I'd say three years, at most.

Outside of legit superstars and QB's, three years in a player's prime is pretty much all that teams should expect.

Again, the whole "Mark him down for the next 10 years!" is nonsensical TV draft banter and not based in today's NFL reality.
I would say if we sign OBJ and he is our solid left tackle playing at a high level 5 years from now, we won...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:58 PM 04-27-2021

[Reply]
Halfcan 06:59 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Every year the cap is supposed to keep the Chiefs from making moves and yet they continue to do so.
This! Several at PFF seems so bitter that they are wrong every year.
[Reply]
Iconic 07:33 PM 04-27-2021
Damn there's salty bitches in this forum actually trying to pan this trade? Some of you fucks will never be happy it's in the DNA. This is a great trade, I can see the questions regarding future cap but fuck it - Veach has done nothing but find ways to make it work so far so trust in the guy.

Orlando and Niang will be goated Chiefs bookends for a long time and I'm totally fucking ready for it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:55 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I would say if we sign OBJ and he is our solid left tackle playing at a high level 5 years from now, we won...
Yeah, I got it the first time you posted that
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:59 PM 04-27-2021
The last thing the PFF guys say before committing seppuku would probably be a poem about lotus blossoms and predicting the Chargers to win the AFC West
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:05 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Don't give a shit about Odell Beckham Jr. I am curious when he switched to LT though.
Oh you funny. Very funny. Everyone likes you I'm sure.

He switched when Joe Staley got hurt. I think that was week 7.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:22 PM 04-27-2021
The other PFF idiot Mike Renner says that the Chiefs are too top heavy and need to hit on draft picks, but now they can’t because they traded all of their picks!

Can somebody please tell this idiot that the Chiefs also got a 2nd back and have pretty much all of their future picks?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 08:29 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ok....and the Chiefs just gave the Ravens a 1st round draft pick. The Ravens, one of the best drafting teams in the league, now has two 1st round picks.

The Chiefs helped the Ravens get better too. For all we know, we just gave them the keys to a player that could help them beat their kryptonite.

:-). If only they had a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:36 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Oh you funny. Very funny. Everyone likes you I'm sure.

He switched when Joe Staley got hurt. I think that was week 7.

Intredasting
[Reply]
Teak 08:45 PM 04-27-2021
Last year I got the feeling that the NFC South was cross talking about the Chiefs. The were physical in punishing the offensive line. In many ways the AFL-NFL rivalry was on old school display. It might be an AFC nod to make the conference all together stronger
[Reply]
Page 94 of 192
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144 > Last »
Up