ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3777 of 3903
« First < 2777327736773727376737733774377537763777 3778377937803781378738273877 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:03 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Any particular reason not to trust the Texas state health department?
Of course not. Individuals who refuse to acknowledge reality will find a reason though.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 09:07 AM 11-09-2021
Almost 2 years into this and I've not been sick. I don't and haven't used the mask (which as an Industrial Hygienist I know is total BS), no vaccine, no social distancing, shook hands, went to church, etc... I do take 8000 IUs of D3 everyday and for years take quinine for leg nerve pain from being in a Helo crash. In short, I've literally changed nothing except I refuse to fly because of all the hysterical BS. Bottom line; you can live in fear or you can live.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:17 AM 11-09-2021
Yeah the 750k dead Americans just need to show the virus less fear and take vitamin D.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:19 AM 11-09-2021
Yeah the 750k dead Americans just need to show the virus less fear and take vitamin D.
Fauci takes 8000 iu Vitamin D himself but questions the utility for everyone else.

Funny, isn't it?
[Reply]
TLO 09:22 AM 11-09-2021
8000 iu's seems excessive. Not an expert in the area whatsoever but that seems like a very high dose.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:22 AM 11-09-2021
Any particular reason not to trust the Texas state health department?
They quoted a CDC study on natural immunity that looks like junk.

They used statistical manipulation in the article multiple times to average in data before most people were vaccinated to make the vaccines appear more effective.

Other than that, I'm sure they mean well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:23 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
8000 iu's seems excessive. Not an expert in the area whatsoever but that seems like a very high dose.

He's older so that might be appropriate.

I take 5000 in the winter in New York.
[Reply]
Otter 09:24 AM 11-09-2021
I had a shoulder injury from mountain biking and was in hospital not too long ago. Tested positive for the kung flu and to be honest, I couldn't even tell I was sick outside of having to clear my throat every once in awhile. My brother was the same way.

I'm not vaccinated and neither was my brother.

This is not a statement on pro or anti vax but simply information. It's a weird, unpredictable disease.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:25 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
I had a shoulder injury from mountain biking and was in hospital not too long ago. Tested positive for the kung flu and to be honest, I couldn't even tell I was sick outside of having to clear my throat every once in awhile. My brother was the same way.

This is not a statement on pro or anti vax but simply information. It's a weird, unpredictable disease.
Well, congratulations on your "covid" hospitalization.
[Reply]
Otter 09:27 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, congratulations on your "covid" hospitalization.
Ironic part is I caught it while in the hospital. I wouldn't want to be in the health care field right now.

Hospitalization was initially for dislocated shoulder.

When the autopsy peeps are going over me I image it's going to be something like "Holy shit, did an ogre use this guy as a fly swatter?".
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:42 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

If you're going to get it, that's the way to do it.

I remember reading something a while back about a theory that severity might be related to the viral load that a person got at the time of infection. So if you were in a hospital and spent ten minutes in a room with someone who had it, your case will likely be less severe. But if you were working in a cubicle for eight hours with someone who had it, your case will likely be more severe. I wonder if that theory has been confirmed or refuted by later data.

For the most part, I try to not spend a lot of time in a closed room with a lot of people. I had to break that rule for a birthday dinner last week, so I'm hoping that I'm still breathing easily in 14 days.
[Reply]
Fish 12:00 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He's older so that might be appropriate.

I take 5000 in the winter in New York.
More isn't better with VitD, dummy.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:35 PM 11-09-2021
I got both doses of Pfizer this spring. Started feeling pretty sick yesterday and went to the doctor. Tested positive for COVID. Last night was the sickest I've been in many years. Cold, hot, nauseous, achy, nightmares, pounding headache etc. I'm not quite so bad today but can't walk very far because I'm so weak. I also still have a debilitating headache.

I've done a ton of traveling lately so who knows where I got it or who I've spread it to. The timing is horrible because we were just out of work for a week for SEMA in Vegas and one of my coworkers didn't make it back yet. He had a massive stroke the first night we were there. I'm supposed to be covering for him at work and now I'm out too. Fuck....

One note is that last Thursday I developed a rash on both arms. It wasn't like a rash I've ever had before and there was no obvious reason. It went away after a few days. A Google search indicates that plenty of people get a rash as their first symptom of COVID.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:59 PM 11-09-2021
Stories like this are why I got the booster at pretty much the first opportunity. I'll take whatever tiny extra risk of myocarditis or whatever over going through that.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:59 PM 11-09-2021
Local LTC facility has an outbreak at the moment 33 cases and as of yesterday no deaths and 1 hospitalization , all residents are vaccinated i doubt the results would have been similar pre vaccinations.
[Reply]
Page 3777 of 3903
« First < 2777327736773727376737733774377537763777 3778377937803781378738273877 > Last »
Up