ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3723 of 3903
« First < 2723322336233673371337193720372137223723 3724372537263727373337733823 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:34 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...nic-study.aspx

Here is one article on the subject.
Why am I not shocked that you'd use data from a non-peer reviewed study, posted on something called News Medical Life Sciences, from 3 months ago - when the CDC has claimed otherwise as recently as 3 weeks ago?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:36 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Why am I not shocked that you'd use data from a non-peer reviewed study, posted on something called News Medical Life Sciences, from 3 months ago - when the CDC has claimed otherwise as recently as 3 weeks ago?
Then show me the study where the vaccinated are more protected than people who have had covid.

Because I can show you plenty of the contrary.

Here is the another one.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...an-pfizer-shot
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:40 PM 09-09-2021
You are going on another one of your rants about the unvaccinated. Well what about people who have covid. Plenty of data showing they don't need the vaccine.

So if someone has had covid and doesn't want to get vaccinated. Current data supports there position. You know follow the science and all.
Great for them. Don't get vaccinated. Or do get vaccinated. Current recommendations appear to support getting vaccinated after recovering from Covid, no?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:40 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I hope my grandchildren are shown the statistical analysis of what policies worked and didn't work. Not useless hyperemotional virtue signaling
Well, I don't think I'm being hyperemotional, but it is pretty soul crushing to have to cut my losses and liquidate a business I spent years working on.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that it's unwise to be gathering in huge groups with no masks or social distancing. I mean, that just seems like pretty obvious common sense.

And I guess if you feel like I should just go about my business, first of all, the number of people willing to disregard all of that and go ahead and book big shows are far fewer than normal times. I have no control over that.

I DO have control over agreeing to do shows in which a great many people may get sick and/or pass the virus on to people who might die from it.

You can argue that I shouldn't care, but I do. I'm not willing to do that.

I'm doing one last smallish outdoor event next Saturday and then shutting it down.

I'll sling cheeseburgers and beers in a mask in a restaurant that's operating as responsibly as possible until this is all over.

But yeah, it's ruined my entire earning situation, as I have barely performed at all or done any production in almost two years now. (Winter is always sparse.)

If that seems hyperemotional to you, I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:41 PM 09-09-2021
Then show me the study where the vaccinated are more protected than people who have had covid.
Why not both?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:44 PM 09-09-2021
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7032e1_w

2.34 times more likely to get reinfected if you're not vaccinated.

But I'm sure you'll quibble with this, since it wasn't posted by RandomCovidNewsPundit.net.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:03 PM 09-09-2021
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7032e1_w

2.34 times more likely to get reinfected if you're not vaccinated.

But I'm sure you'll quibble with this, since it wasn't posted by RandomCovidNewsPundit.net.
I welcome all new info. I will take a look at that. There are many studies showing the opposite. Including the recent one I posted out of Israel and the Delta variant.

I do wish the cdc would look at more data than one state for 2 months before making recommendations though.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:06 PM 09-09-2021
I'm probably just not going to weigh in on this thread anymore.

I've lost family members, I've lost my business, I've lost a year and a half of my life.

Nothing I say is going to change anybody's mind, and it's honestly too depressing to revisit.

I'm just going to do the best I can with what I have available to me. Fuck it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:10 PM 09-09-2021
I welcome all new info. I will take a look at that. There are many studies showing the opposite. Including the recent one I posted out of Israel and the Delta variant.

I do wish the cdc would look at more data than one state for 2 months before making recommendations though.
That's fucking rich considering you're leaning on non-peer reviewed data from *checks notes* another country on the other side of the world.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:18 PM 09-09-2021
That's ****ing rich considering you're leaning on non-peer reviewed data from *checks notes* another country on the other side of the world.
Because it is a study. Not a recommendation by our government agency. Where they should have access to a ton more data on the subject.

Especially since they are now going to try and mandate vaccines for federal workers or anybody who has contracts with the government.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:20 PM 09-09-2021
I was wondering when the tinfoil hat shit was gonna make an appearance.

See ya!
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:21 PM 09-09-2021
Sounds like if you work for a hospital or any health care field that receives federal Medicaid or Medicare money you will be required to get vaccinated.

Originally Posted by :
The plan will require the 17 million health care workers at facilities receiving funds from Medicare and Medicaid to be fully vaccinated, expanding the mandate to hospitals, home care facilities and dialysis centers around the country.

[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:27 PM 09-09-2021
I was wondering when the tinfoil hat shit was gonna make an appearance.

See ya!
Tin foil hat? Do you read the news? It is on the front page

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/polit...ech/index.html
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:34 PM 09-09-2021
Tin foil hat? Do you read the news? It is on the front page

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/polit...ech/index.html
So, vaccinated or tested (once per week)? THAT'S what you're worried about?
[Reply]
TLO 02:36 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Sounds like if you work for a hospital or any health care field that receives federal Medicaid or Medicare money you will be required to get vaccinated.
Good
[Reply]
Page 3723 of 3903
« First < 2723322336233673371337193720372137223723 3724372537263727373337733823 > Last »
Up