ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 297
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
kstater 12:29 PM 01-03-2010
Under 12:

KSU 24
SD 10
[Reply]
58kcfan89 12:43 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
A period of dormancy? A period? It was 20 years. That's like a mesozoic era in basketball.

As far as locking up Frank "long term": That's nice and all, but he'll move when a better job comes open in the South. That's just life. And that's where Currie will earn his keep. By being nimble and proactive enough to keep things going after Frank leaves.
If Frank wins 23-24 games, he's going to be offered. And he'll probably take it. Again, that's just life. When that happens, we will then see what Currie is all about.
Frank's won 20+ in his first two seasons. In a pretty tough league. And he brought them all the way back from an 0-4 start in league to win 9 last year in conference.

An annual contender isn't looking for a coach most of the time Dante. It's usually a university like KSU, just in a conference where there is more money and easier access to talent.

Hopefully he stays for 5 years. That's about all I wanted from Huggs. That should provide a pretty solid foundation for the next coach. And DH better pull another great player in next year. We're going to need one
Why are you so sure he's going to leave if he's offered? What's to say that we don't up his pay considerably & he's here for a long time? I don't think he's as ready to leave as you make it seem. Ever since he's been here, he's expressed nothing but gratitude & happiness toward K-State for giving him his break and by all accounts, he's a very loyal guy.

Maybe I'm too much of a homer, but if we can pay him like the coach he is (and I'm willing to bet Currie can find a way to do so), I think he'll be here for a long time.

BTW, FSMW sucks. I was all geared up to watch K-State basketball before the Chiefs game and can't even do that. Bastards.
[Reply]
kstater 12:57 PM 01-03-2010
Halftime:

KSU 51
SD 25
[Reply]
hawkchief 12:59 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Cockthief can't stay away from this thread. His insecurity is :-)
I enjoy studying delusions of grandeur. No better place than where a bunch of grapes congregate.

Not sure how you could claim a fan of the consensus #1 team and top 3 program of all time is "insecure". I'm here for the hilarity.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:27 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
I enjoy studying delusions of grandeur. No better place than where a bunch of grapes congregate.

Not sure how you could claim a fan of the consensus #1 team and top 3 program of all time is "insecure". I'm here for the hilarity.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:-)
[Reply]
alnorth 01:32 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:-)
well, given that the consensus #1 team in the country stomped a top-25 team into the dirt at their court last night, I'm thinking its just good old-fashioned smack-talk.

As a Jayhawk fan, I'm actually pretty happy that KSU is having a great year. Those two annual games have been getting really dull to the point where its hard to call it a rivalry any more. I dont think you can win in AFH, but that game at Manhatten is very losable for Kansas if KSU gets hot.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:39 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by alnorth:
well, given that the consensus #1 team in the country stomped a top-25 team into the dirt at their court last night, I'm thinking its just good old-fashioned smack-talk.

As a Jayhawk fan, I'm actually pretty happy that KSU is having a great year. Those two annual games have been getting really dull to the point where its hard to call it a rivalry any more. I don't think you can win in AFH, but that game at Manhattan is very losable for Kansas if KSU gets hot.
It's not Smack Talk, Al. It's a retard trying to pretend he's not a moron.
[Reply]
kstater 01:59 PM 01-03-2010
Final:

KSU 91
SD 69
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:37 PM 01-03-2010
Dominated the boards today. Again. Didn't shoot as many FT's but got points in the paint and in transition with ease.

Now it's for real. Kick Mizzou's ass next week to start the season and get the ball rolling.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:38 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by alnorth:
well, given that the consensus #1 team in the country stomped a top-25 team into the dirt at their court last night, I'm thinking its just good old-fashioned smack-talk...
What? Wasn't Temple inspired to play above and beyond? You know.. everybody's A game and all? Oh wait... that's only when Kansas loses.

I need these rules written down.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:49 PM 01-03-2010
What? Wasn't Temple inspired to play above and beyond? You know.. everybody's A game and all? Oh wait... that's only when Kansas loses.

I need these rules written down.
yeah, I've never liked that argument anyway. "Well yeah we are the big bad #1 team, we are everyone's super bowl, we take everyone's best shot, blah blah blah" as if that is supposed to excuse losing to a bad team when/if it happens. Now, basketball by its very chaotic nature is going to lead to everybody losing 2 or 3 games to a decent team that they shouldn't have lost to, and having maybe 1 close game against a very bad team, and thats all ok.

Everyone expects every great team to drop a few during the season, but if your team loses 6 or 7, or loses against a particularly bad team (I'm looking at you Texas, you got lucky yesterday), you might still be a good team, but thats a problem for a great team and this whole "we get everyone's best shot" argument is bullcrap. If your team is really, really good then you should win most of your games against halfway-decent teams, and you need to not only not lose, but also blow the hell out of almost all the bad teams.

KU and KSU have both been doing that this season, so these two (hopefully 3) games ought to be fun to watch.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:45 PM 01-03-2010
This was the reason the game was not on TV: :-)

According to kitchen's twitter:

Check this: Been told the satellite company in KC thought the #kstate game was a 7p tip time. #kstatehoops
Sent 13 (WIBW) truck in hurried effort to get to Manhattan, but it couldn't show until noon and then had tech. issue. #kstate

http://twitter.com/curtiskitchen
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:50 PM 01-03-2010
Jake's pass off the backboard to Jamar was a thing of beauty. :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 09:08 PM 01-03-2010
where can i watch highlights? I am effing pissed.
[Reply]
Old Dog 12:26 PM 01-04-2010
Up to 10 in the ESPN/Coaches poll

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankin...9&seasonType=2
[Reply]
Page 50 of 297
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up