ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 55
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
neech 09:52 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Supply, meet demand. Demand, supply.
That's the day the demand met the supply.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:53 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
That's the day the demand met the supply.
Gas prices have been going up long before that day, but yes try and make it political.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:53 AM 02-21-2021
Not going to warn you again.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:02 AM 02-21-2021
No shit bug, they were calling for 1-3 up here but it's snowing pretty good. Guess that's the price we have to pay to get 40's this week.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:33 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Eh...watch it with those posts.

And it's actually because several refineries were shut down due the cold, that was covered earlier in the thread.
I was talking to some buddies that are engineers and rotating equipment supervisors at some of the TX refineries last week. Some of them say they wont be operational again, for another 30 days.

Exxon Mobil Corp.’s Baytown and Beaumont plants, Marathon Petroleum Corp.’s Galveston Bay refinery and Total SE’s Port Arthur facility, all face at least several weeks to resume normal operations.

Those refineries just aren't built for that kind of cold. Combine that with intermittent power issues and bad things happen. Cooling water and dead leg freeze ups, are generally the first issues that come about in those cold conditions.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:03 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I was talking to some buddies that are engineers and rotating equipment supervisors at some of the TX refineries last week. Some of them say they wont be operational again, for another 30 days.

Exxon Mobil Corp.’s Baytown and Beaumont plants, Marathon Petroleum Corp.’s Galveston Bay refinery and Total SE’s Port Arthur facility, all face at least several weeks to resume normal operations.

Those refineries just aren't built for that kind of cold. Combine that with intermittent power issues and bad things happen. Cooling water and dead leg freeze ups, are generally the first issues that come about in those cold conditions.
Well that is just fantastic.

Go fuck yourself, Donger!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:27 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Gas prices have been going up long before that day, but yes try and make it political.
On Nov 3 gas was $2.19

Today it's $2.65

Take it for what it's worth
[Reply]
Bwana 12:45 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
On Nov 3 gas was $2.19

Today it's $2.65

Take it for what it's worth

After this little shut down off-line incident, I expect it to be at least $3.00 a gallon by May.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 12:50 PM 02-21-2021
I was pretty frickin' cold, my furnace quit working and woke up to 45 degrees (inside). The wind chill at that time was around -22, FML.

I had bought a new thermostat (digital) about a week prior, but hadn't put it in yet. The old one was hard to read and difficult for my mom to adjust (she had some health issues a couple years ago, so I had her move it with me). So anyway, I put the new one in while waiting for her to wake up. She got up and said, "Gee, it's really cold in here". LOL

I told her to get dressed and I'd drop her off at the store while I went over to Menards to pick up a few things. We get back home (put a pot roast in the oven) blahblahblah.... and I continued my troubleshooting efforts .... finally figuring out that the stupid sensor rod was dirty. Cleaned that sucker off and HEAT!!!!!!! Why the hell did it take so long to even think of that? Frozen Brain, I guess.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:00 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
I was pretty frickin' cold, my furnace quit working and woke up to 45 degrees (inside). The wind chill at that time was around -22, FML.

I had bought a new thermostat (digital) about a week prior, but hadn't put it in yet. The old one was hard to read and difficult for my mom to adjust (she had some health issues a couple years ago, so I had her move it with me). So anyway, I put the new one in while waiting for her to wake up. She got up and said, "Gee, it's really cold in here". LOL

I told her to get dressed and I'd drop her off at the store while I went over to Menards to pick up a few things. We get back home (put a pot roast in the oven) blahblahblah.... and I continued my troubleshooting efforts .... finally figuring out that the stupid sensor rod was dirty. Cleaned that sucker off and HEAT!!!!!!! Why the hell did it take so long to even think of that? Frozen Brain, I guess.

Indeed, the flame senor rod is the weak link in my unit as well. I used to do the same thing, remove it, gently work it with emery cloth and reinstall it. I can tell you this, it won't last as long once some of the surface coating has been removed. I did some digging and punched in the part number and found I was able to buy that rod on Amazon for $6.52, so I ordered 3 of them. I figured for that price, I might as well.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:00 PM 02-21-2021
After this little shut down off-line incident, I expect it to be at least $3.00 a gallon by May.
No doubt about it
[Reply]
Cntrygal 01:02 PM 02-21-2021
Indeed, the flame senor rod is the weak link in my unit as well. I used to do the same thing, remove it, gently work it with emery cloth and reinstall it. I can tell you this, it won't last as long once some of the surface coating has been removed. I did some digging and punched in the part number and found I was able to buy that rod on Amazon for $6.52, so I ordered 3 of them. I figured for that price, I might as well.
Good to know! I'll go ahead a get a couple "backups" as well. Because you know damn well that it won't quit working when it's 50 out, it'll wait until the next deep freeze.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:03 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
No doubt about it

The thing is, the refineries that are currently shut down, produce 20% of the countries product. Nothing good can come of that, practically with a long delay in startups.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:06 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
Good to know! I'll go ahead a get a couple "backups" as well. Because you know damn well that it won't quit working when it's 50 out, it'll wait until the next deep freeze.

Murphy's Law at its finest.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:21 PM 02-21-2021
This will be a cold ride home...

[Reply]
Page 49 of 55
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up