ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>America: Land of Lard-Butts
Prison Bitch 10:02 AM 07-21-2021
Colorado is our thinnest State per BMI. It is fatter than 1990ís most obese state, Mississippi.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:00 AM 07-22-2021
I think a lot of people are intimated by getting and staying in shape. We are exposed to endless programs, ideas, and methods that it becomes overwhelming. The truth is much simpler. Burn more than you take in on average over a week, and do some sort of physical activity 3-4 times a week. That wonít make you fit but it really is that simple to stay a good weight.

Also, walking is a perfectly fine substitution for running, which many people seem to think you have to do to lose weight, but consistently running only works for people who like doing it. If you try to run for weight loss you will likely fail as you wonít stick with it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:10 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Itís actually a very good measure, and it is accurate for like 90% of Americans in determining if theyíre fat. There will always be outliers and exceptions.

Besides, the absolute change over time is whatís imoortant anyway
No, BMI really isn't. It only really works for one body type, Ectomorphs.

BMI doesn't take into account bone density, muscle density or even just general frame.

I'm 6'2" and when I drop below 210, my face starts looking far too skinny. I feel best between 215 and 225.

You are correct about change over time. Incremental change is much easier to maintain than drastic change.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:28 AM 07-22-2021
One of the worst things I hear perpetuated is that it is cheaper to eat bad unhealthy food. This is just an excuse fat and lazy people make who donít want to cook or eat healthier. I agree itís easier to eat unhealthy foods though.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:44 AM 07-22-2021
BMI is a joke and anything that uses it as a guide is worthless.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:52 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
One of the worst things I hear perpetuated is that it is cheaper to eat bad unhealthy food. This is just an excuse fat and lazy people make who don’t want to cook or eat healthier. I agree it’s easier to eat unhealthy foods though.
100% this. One issue for many people in poverty is that they don't have easy access to fresh and healthy food. Their easiest option is usually a shitty, and expensive, convenience store which sells all the prepackaged crap at inflated prices.

It is cheaper and healthier to buy the base ingredients and actually cook meals.

Take bread for instance, you can make an amazing loaf of bread at home with no cheap fillers in it for about 30 cents.
[Reply]
loochy 07:58 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
One of the worst things I hear perpetuated is that it is cheaper to eat bad unhealthy food. This is just an excuse fat and lazy people make who donít want to cook or eat healthier. I agree itís easier to eat unhealthy foods though.

Eggs
Dry Oats
Dry Beans
Dry Rice
Cans of Tuna

That's cheap as shit. Eat away!
[Reply]
wazu 09:10 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
BMI is a joke and anything that uses it as a guide is worthless.
Worthless? I'm guessing if you looked at the numbers across all states using body fat percentage the results would be the same.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:14 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Worthless? I'm guessing if you looked at the numbers across all states using body fat percentage the results would be the same.
Results would be similar, but more accurate.
[Reply]
wazu 09:19 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Results would be similar, but more accurate.
For any one person they would be more accurate. Measuring an entire population I'm not so sure. BMI just needs height and weight, which are measurements that I would imagine are much more widely available in health records than body fat percentage.
[Reply]
notorious 09:21 AM 07-22-2021
Body fat takes a 5-15 dollar tool to measure.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:23 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Body fat takes a 5-15 dollar tool to measure.
Those pinch tests are not much more accurate than BMI.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:27 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yes, worthless. Some putz with a dad bod that the only exercise they get is raising a budweiser to their pie hole can rate lower on the BMI scale that someone of the same height that works out and is in decent shape.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:34 AM 07-22-2021
Weight loss is 100% diet
[Reply]
notorious 09:49 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Those pinch tests are not much more accurate than BMI.
Why do the people at the football combine use them?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:10 AM 07-22-2021

😂"--are on a one-way road to FATSVILLE" https://t.co/Ry5bAoTKn2 pic.twitter.com/SpfquKM8w7

— Blompf Junior 5% (CRT is anti-White) (@BlompfJunior) July 22, 2021

[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up