ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 534 of 1132
« First < 34434484524530531532533534 5355365375385445846341034 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
banyon 12:47 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
When I say you are stupid, it's just keeping it real. It's not an argument.

You do the same thing, why do you get to call me stupid and not expect a volley back?
I think you misunderstand ad hominem.

Ad hominem does not just mean that you got insulted. It means that rather than address the substance of the argument you turn to insults and try to distract from the argument at hand. I have argued the substance here with you, like when I just posted the real Imperial College predictions on Sweden.

You posted nothing and instead made vague references to unnamed sources and then went to the ad hominem.
[Reply]
banyon 12:50 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Yes. My position used to be that it was probably a good idea to get vaccines to "exercise" the immune system and not because I was worried about getting the flu or dying from it.. But now I am hypothesizing that it is probably a bad idea to pile on immunity upon immunity to my immune system.

See this post I directed toward Donger as why:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=104
So you think that there is some sort of cumulative immunization defect that you are seeking to avoid? Is this just based on the analogy and intuition, or is there real evidence to support this theory?
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:58 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
So you think that there is some sort of cumulative immunization defect that you are seeking to avoid? Is this just based on the analogy and intuition, or is there real evidence to support this theory?
As far as I know it is my own intuition just like it was my own intuition to get flu shots to exercise my immune system. I have reached the conclusion that my immune system probably gets enough exercise via my daily interaction in the world and if it ever needs more, I can just go out in the middle of the night and lick all the door nobs on my neighbors homes.

I see vaccines becoming a huge business where pharmaceutical companies push them for their own profits. Individually getting one is probably pretty harmless but what about getting vaccine upon vaccine upon vaccine upon vaccine? What reasons do I have to believe that is harmless?
[Reply]
banyon 01:03 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
As far as I know it is my own intuition just like it was my own intuition to get flu shots to exercise my immune system. I have reached the conclusion that my immune system probably gets enough exercise via my daily interaction in the world and if it ever needs more, I can just go out in the middle of the night and lick all the door nobs on my neighbors homes.

I see vaccines becoming a huge business where pharmaceutical companies push them for their own profits. Individually getting one is probably pretty harmless but what about getting vaccine upon vaccine upon vaccine upon vaccine? What reasons do I have to believe that is harmless?
Nothing except the history of vaccines, I would say.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:11 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
I think you misunderstand ad hominem.

Ad hominem does not just mean that you got insulted. It means that rather than address the substance of the argument you turn to insults and try to distract from the argument at hand. I have argued the substance here with you, like when I just posted the real Imperial College predictions on Sweden.

You posted nothing and instead made vague references to unnamed sources and then went to the ad hominem.
No, I get it.

You just made a useless point.

My argument doesn't center on you being a mediocre conventional thinker resourcing political fact check websites.

It's just an observation.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:13 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Nothing except the history of vaccines, I would say.
Homspaiens have been around for 6 million years. Modern humans about 300,000 years. Vaccines for 220 years. We don't know the long term impact vaccines actually have on humanity because they have only existed for an instant relative to the existence of humanity. Plus vaccines follow a hockey stick graph....for most of the last 200 years they number of them grew pretty slowly but now they are begging to explode.

I haven't looked it up so I don't know for a fact but I would bet more vaccines have been created in last 40 years than in the 180 that came prior to the last 40 years and I wouldn't be surprised that in the next 20 years more vaccines are created than have ever been created so far.

So to address your point....there isn't yet a substantial history of vaccines you think there is.
[Reply]
banyon 01:22 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Homspaiens have been around for 6 million years. Modern humans about 300,000 years. Vaccines for 220 years. We don't know the long term impact vaccines actually have on humanity because they have only existed for an instant relative to the existence of humanity. Plus vaccines follow a hockey stick graph....for most of the last 200 years they number of them grew pretty slowly but now they are begging to explode.

I haven't looked it up so I don't know for a fact but I would bet more vaccines have been created in last 40 years than in the 180 that came prior to the last 40 years and I wouldn't be surprised that in the next 20 years more vaccines are created than have ever been created so far.

So to address your point....there isn't yet a substantial history of vaccines you think there is.
Yes, medicine has advanced a lot in the last 200 years. Are you forgoing those non-vaccine advances as well?
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:35 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Yes, medicine has advanced a lot in the last 200 years. Are you forgoing those non-vaccine advances as well?
I'm sure I will forgo most of them.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:55 PM 07-22-2021
Taking a look at Jamaica’s current numbers paints a picture of how Covid is being treated in a country with a much smaller medical and health care system. Jamaica has almost 3 million residents. They’ve had 51k cases with only 1163 deaths, and only 5% of their population being vaccinated. You’d think a country with limited health care and options would be more vaccinated, yet every Jamaican I spoke with while there a couple weeks ago want nothing to do with the vaccine, and they’re over masking as well. But Dums swear it’s such a bad virus that EVERYONE SHOULD BE VACCINATED AND STILL MASK UP, SOCIAL DISTANCE, AND STAY HOME. Bunch of fucking clowns the lot of them. Lmao!
[Reply]
petegz28 04:56 PM 07-22-2021
Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy urged the importance of getting vaccinated, noting that 99.5% of COVID-19 deaths are among the unvaccinated along with 97% of all hospitalizations.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:10 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Taking a look at Jamaicaís current numbers paints a picture of how Covid is being treated in a country with a much smaller medical and health care system. Jamaica has almost 3 million residents. Theyíve had 51k cases with only 1163 deaths, and only 5% of their population being vaccinated. Youíd think a country with limited health care and options would be more vaccinated, yet every Jamaican I spoke with while there a couple weeks ago want nothing to do with the vaccine, and theyíre over masking as well. But Dums swear itís such a bad virus that EVERYONE SHOULD BE VACCINATED AND STILL MASK UP, SOCIAL DISTANCE, AND STAY HOME. Bunch of fucking clowns the lot of them. Lmao!
How many doses of the vaccine has Jamaica procured? I believe I read that they were only supposed to have 124,800 doses available through the month of May which would put them at about 4% of the population.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:10 PM 07-22-2021

Just published @NEJM
Vaccine protection against the Delta variant from >4,000 cases + comparison w/ Alpha, by @PHE_uk
—mRNA, 2-dose: 88% effectiveness vs *any* symptomatic infection
—AZ, 2-dose: 67% pic.twitter.com/v0C57Okaec

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) July 21, 2021

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:22 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
How many doses of the vaccine has Jamaica procured? I believe I read that they were only supposed to have 124,800 doses available through the month of May which would put them at about 4% of the population.
Latest numbers I saw was 5%. But for a country with a 4-5% vaccination rate, does .04% death rate sound scary? And thatís with a 1.7% infection rate. Iíve been out of the country 3 times since this started. Only time I masked was on the plane going either way. 2 different countries, 3 different resorts, and lots of partying with unmasked people through it all. Still havenít gotten it according to my antibody test.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:27 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Latest numbers I saw was 5%. But for a country with a 4-5% vaccination rate, does .04% death rate sound scary? And thatís with a 1.7% infection rate. Iíve been out of the country 3 times since this started. Only time I masked was on the plane going either way. 2 different countries, 3 different resorts, and lots of partying with unmasked people through it all. Still havenít gotten it according to my antibody test.
I've never been to Jamaica so I can't speak intelligently on the why of the countries death rate and infection rate. It sounds like a country where most of the people would be outside most of the time enjoying the tropical climate. Maybe that plays a big part in keeping the infection rate down.

I was simply pointing out that the vaccination rate isn't simply because everyone in Jamaica doesn't want the vaccine. Right now it seems to be more about availability.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:35 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy urged the importance of getting vaccinated, noting that 99.5% of COVID-19 deaths are among the unvaccinated along with 97% of all hospitalizations.
Well no one was vaccinated in 2020.
[Reply]
Page 534 of 1132
« First < 34434484524530531532533534 5355365375385445846341034 > Last »
Up