ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Observations at 9-3
Wallcrawler 09:39 PM 12-04-2022
The Chiefs are 9-3 with a cupcake schedule coming up. The Chiefs just got spanked in a playoff atmosphere game where we really wanted the game, did a lot of trash talking, and lost the football game, and now we have some subpar teams to get the bullshit worked out before shit gets real.

1. Harrison Butker right now is not that clutch guy that you can rely on. Arguably, he never has been. 13 seconds doesn't happen if the guy doesn't leave 4 points on the field in the first place, and we were just very fortunate he made good on the 49 yarder to tie. Andy is going to have to understand when it's better to just put the ball in 15s hands, and let the chips fall where they may. Watching this dude kick in big moments this year is giving me serious 90s vibes.

2. Justin Reid should never open his mouth about an opponent again. What an embarrassment.

3. If this is the effort we are going to get from Chris Jones and the d line against the NFL playoff teams, then we're in some deep shit right now. The leagues most sacked qb, and we can't lay a finger on him. In the biggest games, 95 disappears entirely.

4. Seminars should be held for the o line on knowing where the line of scrimmage is at all times, and keeping your ass within one yard. Countless HUGE plays taken off the board this season by this ineligible downfield idiocy. It's basic football.

5. Gotta stop blaming the refs for everything. The Chiefs are one of the least penalized teams in football, and screeching for penalties on the opposition every play is just blood belching vagina league. If we need the refs to help us get stops, then we aren't playing well enough to win. Period. The interception only happened because of the PI. The big first down got called back because Allegretti and Wylie didn't know their assholes from their elbows.

6. The redzone is not the place for experimentation. Second time in as many weeks we see Andy waste a down on some hare brained stupid bullshit that goes utterly nowhere. Redzone is serious business, not fucking mad scientist playtime. If your play design has Mahomes lined up at wide receiver, please delete this formation, because you are a dumbass.

7. Steve Spagnuolo needs to get the NFL rulebook and read the part in there where running backs can legally catch the ball. Nobody gives up more passing yards to backs than Steve Spagnuolo.

8. Steve Spagnuolo needs to commit to stopping the oppositions best player. Not come out in base sets and allow Chase to line up against whoever he wants. At no time should this guy have been singled up, but we played this guy as if he were just another offensive player.

9. Kelce is a beast. But hero ball right there wasn't needed. We had a huge gain, the first down, just get down. Don't plow into 3 guys like you're on the goal line and keep chugging to eliminate forward progress saving you as you get held up and stripped. We weren't anywhere near that type of desperation big dog.

10. In games that come down to the wire like this every situation has to be handled correctly. Lot of situational football scenarios, the coaches and players simply had the wrong answer. That's how you lose football games.

As I said near the end of the game, this is the best thing for them. A game that's gonna hurt, and leave a bad taste, and motivate the coaches and players to get out of this sleepwalking mode they've been in.

One seed is gone, you've been spanked a third time by the team that beat your ass twice and stole a superbowl trip from you in your own house.

It's a reality check that says "Hey, assholes. You're not as good as you fucking think you are. Hold this hot, flaming L."

In a perfect world, this is the herd of Clydesdales pulling the collective heads out of the asses of the Kansas City Chiefs that will ignite a new work ethic, leading to a new winning streak rolling into the playoffs and culminating in a superbowl win.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:42 PM 12-04-2022
Spanked = losing by 3 points?

Please explain how you see the #1 seed playing out as you claim it's gone and we have a cupcake schedule (in your words). Please provide game-by-game predictions.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:45 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Please explain how you see the #1 seed playing out as you claim it's gone and we have a cupcake schedule (in your words). Please provide game-by-game predictions.
Final score doesn't tell the story. The Kansas City Chiefs were HORRIFICALLY outplayed in this contest.

A guest appearance by Brandon Staley and a rare wide open dropped td pass kept the score much closer than it should have been.

As for 1 seed being gone, I mean Buffalo now has it. We have to hope for Buffalo to fail and us winning out to get it back.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:48 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
not sure what game you were watching but the Bengals left 10 points off the board and then knelt down at the end instead of scoring another 7.

should've been a 40 burger.

we made them.punt what. once?

our defense got spanked hard
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:52 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
not sure what game you were watching but the Bengals left 10 points off the board and then knelt down at the end instead of scoring another 7.

should've been a 40 burger.

we made them.punt what. once?

our defense got spanked hard
Definitely a disastrous outing for Spags unit. D line didn't know whether to shit or wind their watches, and a backup rb had himself a Priest Holmes tribute game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:54 PM 12-04-2022
Thread by this retard? Tl;dr
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:55 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Thread by this reerun? Tl;dr
Have your handler read it to you during your diaper change, cunt.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:55 PM 12-04-2022
absolute disaster. Dunlop and McDuffie were bright spots... but Spags scheme seemingly just let Chase move away from.McDuffie at will. that combined with no pressure. I also don't remember hearing Sneads name..which is unusual...gay was flying around too...
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:59 PM 12-04-2022
The little shit the refs were calling early was really fucking annoying, like they really wanted their presence to be known, but it was fine after that.

The emphasis on the sack rule is awful.
The emphasis on the OL downfield is awful, especially when Mahomes has been scrambling for 20 seconds.
The taunting thing has always been dumb.
I don't even know what the Bengals personal foul before another kickoff, but probably also dumb.

It's all shit that has zero impact on the play (or in the case of the sack, player safety).

I thought the DPI was soft, but at least get an incompetent ref seeing a receiver fall down and throwing a flag (haven't looked at any replays though, so if it was DPI, then whatever).
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:02 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
absolute disaster. Dunlop and McDuffie were bright spots... but Spags scheme seemingly just let Chase move away from.McDuffie at will. that combined with no pressure. I also don't remember hearing Sneads name..which is unusual...gay was flying around too...
I don't think I saw Sneed blitz at all this game. I expected bracket coverage on Chase at all times while McDuffie took Higgins himself, or McDuffie on Chase at least.

Williams on Chase one on one was not in any of my favorable ways to defend Jamar Chase.

I let the hype of this season for Jones get to me. I expected 95 to show up this game and he was invisible all day long.

The only time he stood out was when he got absolutely owned by a backup te on a run block.

It was exceptionally sad. This beast that is such a game wrecker, had zero effect on the most beat up quarterback in the league.

Yet their 3 man rush can get immediate pressure on Mahomes. It's maddening.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:04 PM 12-04-2022
This is why we need to trade Jones this off season. You NEED an edge rusher to consistently rush the QB. We don’t have one. We could trade Jones and move up to a top 8, not to mention he will free up a lot of cap room. That along with Frank should allow us to rebuild the DL and possibly upgrade RT.

Dunlap is by far our best edge right now. Karlaftis and Dana are solid backups.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:05 PM 12-04-2022
How you view something is always about perspective.

Are we happy we are here compared to 12 hours ago? No.

Are we happy we are here after the AFC West signed everyone this off-season? Yes!

Are we happy we are here before the AFCCG first half? No!

Are we happy we are here before drafting Patrick Mahomes? Fuck yes!

Will this game even matter? Time will tell.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:06 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
In the biggest games, 95 disappears entirely.
Not sure about this one. I seem to remember a SB game where he didn't.
[Reply]
Fish 10:08 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Not sure about this one. I seem to remember a SB game where he didn't.
It should also be noted that 95 was double teamed about 95% of the time in today's game.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:08 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Final score doesn't tell the story. The Kansas City Chiefs were HORRIFICALLY outplayed in this contest.

A guest appearance by Brandon Staley and a rare wide open dropped td pass kept the score much closer than it should have been.

As for 1 seed being gone, I mean Buffalo now has it. We have to hope for Buffalo to fail and us winning out to get it back.
If we were “horrifically” outplayed in this game I’d love to hear your take on what the Vikings experienced against the Cowboys.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up