ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Levelheaded review
DenverChief 07:22 PM 12-04-2022
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:58 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
You need to go back and read the posts leading up to my comment. When you do, you'll understand why we were on the subject.
Yeah I know why you were on the subject. I just wanted to add that tidbit. It wasn't meant to be anything other than a factoid.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 10:40 PM 12-04-2022
Pacheco and mckinnon are our backs going forward. That's the depth chart. CEH is on borrowed time.

We have the potential to be as lethal as we were in 2018 offensively back when Kareem hunt was gashing defenses. Pacheco and McKinnon are both due for some long TD runs. And that'll make this offense virtually unstoppable
[Reply]
YontsRBake 11:11 PM 12-04-2022
Reminder that KC had lost 3 straight to the Titans including an 18 point blown lead in the offs the year KC kicked their teeth in in the AFCCG.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:14 PM 12-04-2022
Feel good hit of the fall lolz. We have a lot of holes to shore up during the offseason.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:53 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Reminder that KC had lost 3 straight to the Titans including an 18 point blown lead in the offs the year KC kicked their teeth in in the AFCCG.
Excatly
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:11 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
We barely even sniffed him a few times, their O line played angry and tight tonight
Just as they had the previous 3 games. Their Oline is solid once they started to gel. They were at full strength today, everybody but Mixon back and Perrine is as good as Mixon. If we get healthy, I am confident we will beat them in the playoffs.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:15 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Feel good hit of the fall lolz. We have a lot of holes to shore up during the offseason.
Every team does, not just KC.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:17 AM 12-05-2022
One thing that bothered me about the game was Mahomes insistence on chucking it deep to MVS. While it worked today, that can’t be an effective strategy moving forward. MVS made great contested catches, but he is just too hot/cold to trust that long term.
[Reply]
irafreak 11:35 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
But they get a pass rush on Mahomes. We can't touch Burrow. That is the biggest reason we can't beat them.
Agreed but we are capable of winning a shootout. Of course we can't lose the turnover margin...
[Reply]
irafreak 11:36 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
One thing that bothered me about the game was Mahomes insistence on chucking it deep to MVS. While it worked today, that can’t be an effective strategy moving forward. MVS made great contested catches, but he is just too hot/cold to trust that long term.
I liked it. Open their defense up. Force them to cover the whole field. Let them know that even sitting deep, they are still vulnerable.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:51 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Agree with most of this.

Add back Toney, Hardman, Thuney and play in Arrowhead and we beat them. Can't lose the turnover battle against good teams and need to get more pressure on the QB.

I hope we play them in January. We're the better team. Still sitting pretty for HFA given remaining schedules of contending teams.
Sure.

But you can't count on having every starter available for the playoffs. If the above players are back it may be some other players that are not.

If you can only win the big games when 100% of your key players are available, you are in trouble.

And it sucks that KC was so healthy through the playoffs last year and couldn't take advantage of it.
[Reply]
Best22 11:57 AM 12-05-2022
Lol Chiefsomanet had an insane meltdown about this game
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:57 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
Wasn't it 4th and 3? They absolutely should have gone for it without hesitation, unless Mahomes was hobbled.

And I don't see how you can say the defense played well. But obviously that's not an easy offense to stop with Chase back.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:00 PM 12-05-2022
I don't like the fact that MVS always seems to wait for the ball to come to him instead of going up and snatching it and bringing it in. Very frustrating guy to watch. He'll drop an easy one and then make a tough catch a few minutes later.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:07 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I liked it. Open their defense up. Force them to cover the whole field. Let them know that even sitting deep, they are still vulnerable.
If it were a receiver other than MVS I would be fine with it. I just don’t trust his hands enough.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up