ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>A Levelheaded review
DenverChief 07:22 PM 12-04-2022
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
[Reply]
DenverChief 07:49 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
we ruin that team with hardman and toney and thuney on the field
Thank you and forgot Thuney was missing too
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:50 PM 12-04-2022
We have a monster coming in that will help the run defense. Let's not forget that.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:50 PM 12-04-2022
Meh, see you when it matters.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:50 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
stopped reading after the 1st 3 incorrect points
How are the first two wrong? Especially the first.
[Reply]
TEX 07:50 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Mahomes - Super Bowl Winner

Burrow - ZIP
I think Mahomes won the Super Bowl before Burrow got into the league. :-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:51 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
McKinnon is a better RB than Pacheco. He's patient enough and has vision to find the hole and blow through. Pacheco runs like a maniac, I love him too.
Yeah he's our best runner, and better in the passing game. I like how they are protecting his body by limiting snaps.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:51 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Lol, we blew that game. CIN is a bunch of frauds. Chase gets away everything.
They aren't frauds. They are a good team. But we have gotten in our own way against them a lot.
[Reply]
DenverChief 07:51 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Point #1 is wrong. We'd likely go up by 2 scores if Kelce doesn't fumble.
at LEAST a FG - we very well could have scored a TD and been up 31-20. I was just saying the "worst case" sans the fumble
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:52 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I think Mahomes won the Super Bowl before Burrow got into the league. :-)
Mahomes is only 6 months older than him, while we are on the subject.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:55 PM 12-04-2022
I picked us to lose this game after Reid ran his mouth. Cinci was fired up. Outside of Pacheco, we were not.

Sucks that they should have won.

Defense was garbage outside of the goal line stand. I don't think we watched the same game.
Burrow was completing at will, only six incompletions and one of those should have been a TD. Running was was getting free.
Our defense is soft. Doesn't know how to tackle. Their wr picked up yac after tackling and other defenders just watch instead of flying in. I loathe that we stay in zone so much. If we are going to get beat, let them go man.

Cinci did the opposite. They delivered a lot of hard shots and stripped the ball. Our dline got pushed around.

Our oline got pushed around by 3 man rush again. Patrick should be having a talk with most of them.

Physical teams seem to be our kryptonite. We are a great team but are too fucking nice. Our players need to learn to get mean. Make it hurt. Maybe that is why our lines are soft. They practice against each other.
[Reply]
TEX 07:56 PM 12-04-2022
we ruin that team with hardman and toney and thuney on the field
You may be right. But is Toney ever going to be able to be counted on seriously? Or is he Sammy Watkins Part II? Great when / if he plays, but...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:57 PM 12-04-2022
we should be encouraged by today's result

the chiefs more or less solved that defense and it's clear their DC has very little else he can throw at us

we lost the game because kelce fumbled and mahomes missed mckinnon on a key play, a play where he was a step too slow to gain th first down

if toney, thuney and hardman are healthy in january, we boatrace the bengals

now if you want to crown them, CROWN THEIR ASS

but THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

AND WE LEDDEMOFFTHAHUK
[Reply]
TEX 07:59 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Mahomes is only 6 months older than him, while we are on the subject.
You need to go back and read the posts leading up to my comment. When you do, you'll understand why we were on the subject.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:01 PM 12-04-2022

the chiefs more or less solved that defense and it's clear their DC has very little else he can throw at us

we lost the game because kelce fumbled and mahomes missed mckinnon on a key play, a play where he was a step too slow to gain th first down

AND WE LEDDEMOFFTHAHUK
Bingo
[Reply]
TEX 08:01 PM 12-04-2022

AND WE LEDDEMOFFTHAHUK
Sorry, the Chiefs are past the point of moral victories. The Chiefs need to figure out how to get to Burrow. If not, they're not going to beat the Bengals.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up