ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Some things about The Bengals game...
Chris Meck 06:45 PM 12-04-2022
Boy that smarts. Can y'all stop calling them frauds now? They've beaten us three times in 13 months.

1. The pass rush was inexcusable. They doubled Jones all game and nobody else could get home. That's a recipe for disaster against Burrow, who, in my estimation is QB2 in the NFL. Yes, I'd absolutely take him over Josh Allen.

2. Chase looked like the same old Chase to me. He's pretty much a cheat code, especially if he's allowed to push off every down.

3. Kelce's fumble was a killer. He's won plenty of games for us with his heroics, so let's not belabor the fact, but that was a really bad moment.

4. I know everyone is frustrated with the defense, but for the most part it was poor execution, not schematic-especially in the second half. Coordinators coordinate, coaches coach, but players have to make plays. They didn't make enough of them. Period.

5. Wylie blows goats.

6. OBJ sure didn't help his case today.

7. We sure missed Thuney in there. I would think that the main reason they're still trotting out Wylie is that they don't want to have TWO new OL in there.

8. Mahomes just flat missed Mckinnon in the flat. Easy first down. I would not trade Mahomes for anything, but it is frustrating that he has this tendency. Just take the easy yards, man!

9. I love Pacheco. That's it. Just wanted to say that. We should have stuck with the run. It was working.

10. The silver lining? Well, it's a well worn saying that you learn more from failure than success. The Chiefs had plenty of opportunities to win this one; make any one of half a dozen 'oops' plays and they do. But perhaps this loss underlines some ongoing issues, and will usher in some changes. I'd rather lose this one now, if it makes them better later on.

Did I mention that Wylie blows goats?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:24 AM 12-05-2022
On the body language front… Justin Reid really put the D in a tough spot and im still pretty pissed. Right before chases taunting you can see it in sneads face. They knew they were facing a bear and they played a little afraid knowing they were poked. They looked pretty indecisive. From Danna with the weird pull up on the last play to Gay freezing up just a second too long in spy.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:29 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
All 3 of the games we played against them we could've put the game away. The very first one we played against them we took a kickoff to the house right before half and it was called back by a holding penalty. The game was likely a laugher if that play stood. In the playoffs we had multiple chances to put them away. That debacle right before halftime cost us a chance to really put that one away. Still, they had multiple chances to put them away in the 2nd half.

Today if Kelce doesn't have a fluke fumble we likely burn another 3 or 4 minutes and score 7, putting them away. The moral of the story: gotta finish teams when given the chance. I know it's easier said than done. But it can be done. If we're gonna win another Super Bowl it's something we need to figure out how to do.
We’ve really had 3 games against them where we had something go wrong and they didn’t. It’s hard to get too riled up about it because they are a good team. It’s not like it’s some fluke.

But game 1 the refs were on another level of terrible. I usually don’t blame refs but this game they had a huge impact.

Game 2 was a unicorn worst performance by a mile by a mahomes offense for an entire half.

This game we made a fluke fumble in a game where cincy really didn’t make mistakes.

It’s uncomfortable that we’re so close in these games despite being outplayed. But it also speaks to just really bad luck where the bad bounces have gone way and not the other
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:07 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I did all of those things. It didn't help. Oh crap. I didn't drink Bud Light! My bad.
I need to find someone to uncurse my Mahomes jersey. Despite my better instincts I wore it yesterday. Never again. The damn thing is jinxed.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 12-05-2022
In every Chiefs Bengals game, the Chiefs have made an egregious error or two that end up being the difference.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:33 AM 12-05-2022
The addition of Hardman and Toney isn't some magical fix folks. The Chiefs had what? like 1 punt?

The offense played very well, and we run the ball down their throats.

This game was lost by a stupid Kelce fumble and a DLINE who couldn't get ANY pressure on Burrow all game long against what once was not too long ago the WORST Oline in the entire league. Our DLine failed us.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:59 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
The addition of Hardman and Toney isn't some magical fix folks. The Chiefs had what? like 1 punt?

The offense played very well, and we run the ball down their throats.

This game was lost by a stupid Kelce fumble and a DLINE who couldn't get ANY pressure on Burrow all game long against what once was not too long ago the WORST Oline in the entire league. Our DLine failed us.
Do we need a magical fix? We needed to be one possession better to win. Our offense did well enough. But there was plenty of room to be better.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:07 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
They’ll have Mixon back. They’ll skull **** KC again.
Losing by 3pts= skull fucking?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:09 AM 12-05-2022
That loss sucks balls, especially with the lead and the ball in the 4th quarter to piss it away.

But we are where we have been the last few years. Top of the pack right there with Buffalo with an easy schedule to finish.

Buffalo is going to lose a game or two. Hell Buffalo and Cincy play first week of January.

Win out and sit back and we should have the #1 seed.
[Reply]
notorious 09:10 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That loss sucks balls, especially with the lead and the ball in the 4th quarter to piss it away.

But we are where we have been the last few years. Top of the pack right there with Buffalo with an easy schedule to finish.

Buffalo is going to lose a game or two. Hell Buffalo and Cincy play first week of January.

Win out and sit back and we should have the #1 seed.
I love the enthusiasm, but my gut tells me we are going to drop another game.

Hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:20 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Ok, so every week, this gets mentioned, and what I'm picking up is that a lot of people don't understand what a zone blitz is.

You bring extra people in one area hoping to overload the blocking scheme (like, say, the left side of the offensive line) but that would leave nobody in coverage. So you drop guys from the other side into 'coverage'. Now the thing is, the overloaded blitz is SUPPOSED to force a quick throw. When it doesn't, this can look ugly.

The linemen that you've dropped in 'coverage' aren't really 'covering' anyone really, they're just basically clogging throwing lanes. Nobody's expecting Karlaftis to run with Chase and 'cover' him. The expectation is that the overloaded blocking forces a quick and errant throw before the QB has time to recognize just WHO that is blocking that throwing lane and determine that he's got a mismatch.

Pittsburgh ran this as a primary scheme for decades. It's theoretically very difficult to block.

But, as I say, when it doesn't work, it can look really bad.
isn't that on spags? this didnt just happen once... also again due to zone coverages, Chase was able to line up away from Mcduffie and run slant routes across the middle without much opposition. the plan didn't seem to work... the score wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been.. they should've dropped a 40 burger on us had they not dropped an easy td and scored at the end instead of being able to kneel..

how can you be so sure these continued failures are only blamed on the players and not the plan because I am not so sure. on one hand you make excuses for spags then later you say it's ugly when it doesn't work. well if the plan isn't working maybe it needs changed?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:27 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
I love the enthusiasm, but my gut tells me we are going to drop another game.

Hope I'm wrong.
To who?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:29 AM 12-05-2022
To who?
looks very soft. is Seattle the best of the rest?
[Reply]
ILikeBigTiddys 09:35 AM 12-05-2022
To who?
Probably Raiders
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:36 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
looks very soft. is Seattle the best of the rest?
Probably and they really aren't very good.
[Reply]
notorious 09:37 AM 12-05-2022
To who?
We have a baffling loss every once in a while.

It wouldn't shock me if the team we shit on at will pulls a rabbit out of the hat. We were a freak fumble recovery for a TD away from losing to them last year.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up