ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Some things about The Bengals game...
Chris Meck 06:45 PM 12-04-2022
Boy that smarts. Can y'all stop calling them frauds now? They've beaten us three times in 13 months.

1. The pass rush was inexcusable. They doubled Jones all game and nobody else could get home. That's a recipe for disaster against Burrow, who, in my estimation is QB2 in the NFL. Yes, I'd absolutely take him over Josh Allen.

2. Chase looked like the same old Chase to me. He's pretty much a cheat code, especially if he's allowed to push off every down.

3. Kelce's fumble was a killer. He's won plenty of games for us with his heroics, so let's not belabor the fact, but that was a really bad moment.

4. I know everyone is frustrated with the defense, but for the most part it was poor execution, not schematic-especially in the second half. Coordinators coordinate, coaches coach, but players have to make plays. They didn't make enough of them. Period.

5. Wylie blows goats.

6. OBJ sure didn't help his case today.

7. We sure missed Thuney in there. I would think that the main reason they're still trotting out Wylie is that they don't want to have TWO new OL in there.

8. Mahomes just flat missed Mckinnon in the flat. Easy first down. I would not trade Mahomes for anything, but it is frustrating that he has this tendency. Just take the easy yards, man!

9. I love Pacheco. That's it. Just wanted to say that. We should have stuck with the run. It was working.

10. The silver lining? Well, it's a well worn saying that you learn more from failure than success. The Chiefs had plenty of opportunities to win this one; make any one of half a dozen 'oops' plays and they do. But perhaps this loss underlines some ongoing issues, and will usher in some changes. I'd rather lose this one now, if it makes them better later on.

Did I mention that Wylie blows goats?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:04 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I like Spags, and they could definitely do worse, but it might be time to consider other options. None of his defenses have been above average so far.

Throughout the whole Spags era, quality QBs have basically had their way with his defenses, leaving the offense with a slim margin for error.
What TF do you like about Spags?

His best attribute is that he isn't Bob Sutton circa 2017/2018.

Bob Sutton was a ridiculous roughing the passed penalty, and then one idiot lining up offsides, from having a SB ring.

If Jones doesn't get called for roughing after hitting Brady's shoulder pads, and Ford doesn't line up offsides, we probably win Super Bowl 53.

And it's entirely possible that we go on to win Super Bowl 54 as well.

Frank Clark and The Honey Badger have more to do with changing the defensive culture and helping us win SB 54 than Spags.

Other than not being Bob Sutton, and and being the DC when Mahomes put the team on his back and willed us to a Super Bowl victory, what makes Spags so good?

Nothing. He has been gifted with the greatest young QB in NFL history, and Mahomes just needs him to hold opponents under 27 points to win most games.

He was directly responsible for nearly losing HFA last year, and has had 12 quarters to figure out how to get sacks or pressures on one of the most sacked QBs in the league, and still can't do it, even with his blitzes.

And what's even more frustrating is that Andy Reid will not fire him, probably ever.

It doesn't matter how poorly Spags' defenses play, or how badly our Special Teams play, Reid will keep Spags and Toub on the staff indefinitely.

IDGAF how many young players we play on defense, he can't even scheme up an 8 man blitz to get pressure on Burrow.

There has to be someone younger on the defeive staff with the 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles, or even the Titans or Bills, who is ready for the opportunity to step up and become a DC.

Hell, we should have immediately hired Brian Flores in some capacity when Miami let him go.

Or maybe we should give Cullen another chance as a DC.

I just FN hated the Spags hire from day one, and he really hasn't done anything to prove me wrong. I can't stand him, and I don't understand why people defend him.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:05 AM 12-05-2022
I don’t know many players who’d be able to hold the ball the way they were crowbarring his arm/the ball. I need to watch it again but damn it looked like dudes all over him with impossible force/weight and he was 1/10 of a second from getting down.
Yeah it was a sure momentum flipper, but that moment to me is representative of the whole game Bengals wanted that shit more.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:59 AM 12-05-2022
I blame you people. I go on vacation for a couple of weeks and trust you all to mind the store, and you lose the top seed. Root harder, people. Wear your lucky jerseys and eat your lucky barbecue. Sit in your lucky spot on the couch. It's not rocket science.
[Reply]
TEX 02:08 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I don’t know many players who’d be able to hold the ball the way they were crowbarring his arm/the ball. I need to watch it again but damn it looked like dudes all over him with impossible force/weight and he was 1/10 of a second from getting down.
Yeah it was a sure momentum flipper, but that moment to me is representative of the whole game Bengals wanted that shit more.
They sure did. They played like the team that wanted revenge.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:09 AM 12-05-2022
Perhaps the Bengals will be favored next time
[Reply]
TEX 02:14 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The ****ing frustrating thing is we actually were balanced on play calling today and all things considered the secondary was good enough but we can't get pressure with 4 and if you blitz Burrow he certainly can make you pay. Until the d line can win 1 on 1 and Patrick tries less to push it downfield they will continue to have success against us. I want these guys in the playoffs
I don't. Cin will beat us again. Our down 4 can't get to Burrow, and Cin can exploit our OT's seemingly at will. It's a recipe for disaster. The kind we have witnessed 3 times in a row now. Dont want to see it a 4th time.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:26 AM 12-05-2022
If I'm being positive I'd say I still think we can beat this team, especially with Thuney, Toney and Hardman. But right now they've got our number.

I pretty much agree with the OP but I'd say it's a combination of talent, execution, scheme and play calling .
On talent it's what everyone identified at the start of the season. A RT that blows goats, lack of elite targets outside of Kelce, and most importantly a sub-par DL. I'd probably add poor safety play to that. The DL hasn't been upgraded. Stop Jones and outside of blitzes our DL gets no pressure. I honestly don't know how Veach looked at that line and thought it was enough, maybe he didn't, I think he possibly expected more than, what is it, 1.5 sacks from Karlaftis? I think anyone whose honest would say they expected more. If the other contenders are Bills, Bengals, Miami, SF and Eagles, say, the difference between the talent we have at DL and those teams is night and day.

Our secondary may end up being great with these CBs, but our safeties have been bad this year. I said when Reid came in it would depend which version we got. We've got the last 2 years version of him. Poor tackling, odd coverage misses, just bad. Same from Thornhill through the year. They've been weak links. But that also points me to scheme. Spags is a blitz wizard and he's great at developing average CB talent into solid, cheap players. But sometimes it feels like he puts too much trust in players to just man up against elite WRs. Just bracket Chase for heaven's sake. It's a tough ask expecting a rookie like Williams to deal with him, just give him help and take away that target. I get that Higgins is another WR1 but I do not understand our approach to defending this team, it's the same result over and over again. Offense it's play calling. If something works, do it until it stops working. It feels like we overthought it at times, the run game is working, keep it going, don't second guess it.

In terms of what we can do in-season, I guess we're stuck with Wylie. Who knows maybe Bell comes back and helps as support, maybe Niang magically becomes the answer. Probably it's next year. If Toney and Hardman get fit I think our WRs will be fine this year. Our DL...nah, we're going to have to hope for the best. Karlaftis isn't making a breakthrough this year, Clark is who we thought, Saunders is bizarrely over-hyped, Nnadi is a corpse. There's just not a lot of scope there until new guys come in.

Bengals are still in their golden period of a relatively cheap, elite QB. They can build a roster that realistically it's far harder for us to. But we're close, and I still think we can beat them. It's not all doom and gloom
[Reply]
Dull Tools 03:34 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And yeah, we need to upgrade both offensive tackle spots, somehow.
I don't think they are really an issue. If you look at most OL stats then we are near the top.

I don't think we should pay Brown the money he wants though.

For everything that was wrong with our tackling, pressuring Burrow and stupid penalties; if Kelce doesn't funny we likely win easily.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:03 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Perhaps the Bengals will be favored next time
They should. They clearly know how to beat the Chiefs and have the personnel to do it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:19 AM 12-05-2022
Initial review PFF has the Bengals giving up 5 pressures. Total. 4 of them were by Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Dawson 04:31 AM 12-05-2022
Who is this Joe Burrow guy. I don't like him. Bengals are not afraid of this team and it's a f'n problem. Spags needs to get it together.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:43 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Initial review PFF has the Bengals giving up 5 pressures. Total. 4 of them were by Chris Jones.
Yeah a few people have pointed the finger at Jones again but to be honest he's been abandoned by the guys to his left and right. Our DL is horrible and the idea that this guy should be expected to do it all on his own, every game, is ridiculous. Clark, Karlaftis, Danna, Dunlap, Saunders etc is just...not good enough.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:19 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I blame you people. I go on vacation for a couple of weeks and trust you all to mind the store, and you lose the top seed. Root harder, people. Wear your lucky jerseys and eat your lucky barbecue. Sit in your lucky spot on the couch. It's not rocket science.
I did all of those things. It didn't help. Oh crap. I didn't drink Bud Light! My bad.
[Reply]
DTHOF 06:23 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
They’ll have Mixon back. They’ll skull fuck KC again.
Dont think so Perine is just as solid as Mixon.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lcarus 07:04 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I don't. Cin will beat us again. Our down 4 can't get to Burrow, and Cin can exploit our OT's seemingly at will. It's a recipe for disaster. The kind we have witnessed 3 times in a row now. Dont want to see it a 4th time.
All 3 of the games we played against them we could've put the game away. The very first one we played against them we took a kickoff to the house right before half and it was called back by a holding penalty. The game was likely a laugher if that play stood. In the playoffs we had multiple chances to put them away. That debacle right before halftime cost us a chance to really put that one away. Still, they had multiple chances to put them away in the 2nd half.

Today if Kelce doesn't have a fluke fumble we likely burn another 3 or 4 minutes and score 7, putting them away. The moral of the story: gotta finish teams when given the chance. I know it's easier said than done. But it can be done. If we're gonna win another Super Bowl it's something we need to figure out how to do.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up