ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Some things about The Bengals game...
Chris Meck 06:45 PM 12-04-2022
Boy that smarts. Can y'all stop calling them frauds now? They've beaten us three times in 13 months.

1. The pass rush was inexcusable. They doubled Jones all game and nobody else could get home. That's a recipe for disaster against Burrow, who, in my estimation is QB2 in the NFL. Yes, I'd absolutely take him over Josh Allen.

2. Chase looked like the same old Chase to me. He's pretty much a cheat code, especially if he's allowed to push off every down.

3. Kelce's fumble was a killer. He's won plenty of games for us with his heroics, so let's not belabor the fact, but that was a really bad moment.

4. I know everyone is frustrated with the defense, but for the most part it was poor execution, not schematic-especially in the second half. Coordinators coordinate, coaches coach, but players have to make plays. They didn't make enough of them. Period.

5. Wylie blows goats.

6. OBJ sure didn't help his case today.

7. We sure missed Thuney in there. I would think that the main reason they're still trotting out Wylie is that they don't want to have TWO new OL in there.

8. Mahomes just flat missed Mckinnon in the flat. Easy first down. I would not trade Mahomes for anything, but it is frustrating that he has this tendency. Just take the easy yards, man!

9. I love Pacheco. That's it. Just wanted to say that. We should have stuck with the run. It was working.

10. The silver lining? Well, it's a well worn saying that you learn more from failure than success. The Chiefs had plenty of opportunities to win this one; make any one of half a dozen 'oops' plays and they do. But perhaps this loss underlines some ongoing issues, and will usher in some changes. I'd rather lose this one now, if it makes them better later on.

Did I mention that Wylie blows goats?
[Reply]
DRM08 07:04 PM 12-04-2022
Bengals have the better defense. Until that changes, the Chiefs are going to have a hard time beating them.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:05 PM 12-04-2022
The one thing that stuck out for me was tackling, or in this case lack there of. There continues to be a lot of whiffs.
[Reply]
TLO 07:05 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Mahomes was really limping at the end.
Any word on that?
Came in to ask this very same question.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:06 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hope we play them again. Offense will be significantly harder to stop when Thuney, Hardman and Toney are all back
They’ll have Mixon back. They’ll skull fuck KC again.
[Reply]
TLO 07:06 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Bengals have the better defense. Until that changes, the Chiefs are going to have a hard time beating them.
Not by a whole lot. The Chiefs and Bengals have different strengths, but they're very equal teams.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:07 PM 12-04-2022
Most of our top competitors will have the better defense as long as Veach is making the picks and Spags is calling the plays.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:07 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Did we not play with as much emotion or did they over power us.

it sucked.
I noticed the bad body language except for Pacheco, I wonder if they really were sick
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Why in the blue hell was Karlaftis out in coverage on their go-ahead touchdown? That's some dumb****ery I'd expect out of Sutton, not Spags.
Ok, so every week, this gets mentioned, and what I'm picking up is that a lot of people don't understand what a zone blitz is.

You bring extra people in one area hoping to overload the blocking scheme (like, say, the left side of the offensive line) but that would leave nobody in coverage. So you drop guys from the other side into 'coverage'. Now the thing is, the overloaded blitz is SUPPOSED to force a quick throw. When it doesn't, this can look ugly.

The linemen that you've dropped in 'coverage' aren't really 'covering' anyone really, they're just basically clogging throwing lanes. Nobody's expecting Karlaftis to run with Chase and 'cover' him. The expectation is that the overloaded blocking forces a quick and errant throw before the QB has time to recognize just WHO that is blocking that throwing lane and determine that he's got a mismatch.

Pittsburgh ran this as a primary scheme for decades. It's theoretically very difficult to block.

But, as I say, when it doesn't work, it can look really bad.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:09 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Came in to ask this very same question.
Yeah I was wondering the same. That’s very concerning. Which foot did he have the operation on for turf toe?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:10 PM 12-04-2022
Gonna have to disagree on #4 here.

After getting his shit ate by leaving Chase one on one last year, Spagnuolo should have known better by now. Did it anyways.

Dropping George into coverage instead of playing the line.

Trying to run zone on them.

I think you have to start by looking at the coordinator. When Hurst went out, this should have been much simpler for the Chiefs but they still got fisted.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:10 PM 12-04-2022
On that last drive, why the fuck did Andy decide to stop running the fucking ball? We were gashing them every play. Run, run, run, eat up the clock, punch in the winning TD with little to no time left on the clock.

Instead, we go pass happy, end up settling for a long field goal, miss it, and even if it had been made, it wouldn't have mattered. Gave them the ball back with way too much time. The detards hadn't stopped them all day long - why would he expect them to do it at the end? That's some real Wyle E. Coyote shit there.

This wasn't quite the headscratcher that the Indy loss was, because the Bungles are actually good, but still..... just fucking stupid. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:11 PM 12-04-2022
and yet, Kelce's fumble was the killer. And Butker missing the FG. Or Mahomes missing Mckinnon for the easy first down.

The game was there for The Chiefs to take it, they just didn't make the plays.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:12 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and yet, Kelce's fumble was the killer. And Butker missing the FG. Or Mahomes missing Mckinnon for the easy first down.

The game was there for The Chiefs to take it, they just didn't make the plays.
And that’s why I went ballistic
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:12 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
On that last drive, why the **** did Andy decide to stop running the ****ing ball? We were gashing them every play. Run, run, run, eat up the clock, punch in the winning TD with little to no time left on the clock.

Instead, we go pass happy, end up settling for a long field goal, miss it, and even if it had been made, it wouldn't have mattered. Gave them the ball back with way too much time. The detards hadn't stopped them all day long - why would he expect them to do it at the end? That's some real Wyle E. Coyote shit there.

This wasn't quite the headscratcher that the Indy loss was, because the Bungles are actually good, but still..... just ****ing stupid. :-)
Pat had a wide open McKinnon in the flat. He failed but so what. This loss isn’t the end of the world.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:12 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Boy that smarts. Can y'all stop calling them frauds now? They've beaten us three times in 13 months.

1. The pass rush was inexcusable. They doubled Jones all game and nobody else could get home. That's a recipe for disaster against Burrow, who, in my estimation is QB2 in the NFL. Yes, I'd absolutely take him over Josh Allen.

2. Chase looked like the same old Chase to me. He's pretty much a cheat code, especially if he's allowed to push off every down.

3. Kelce's fumble was a killer. He's won plenty of games for us with his heroics, so let's not belabor the fact, but that was a really bad moment.

4. I know everyone is frustrated with the defense, but for the most part it was poor execution, not schematic-especially in the second half. Coordinators coordinate, coaches coach, but players have to make plays. They didn't make enough of them. Period.

5. Wylie blows goats.

6. OBJ sure didn't help his case today.

7. We sure missed Thuney in there. I would think that the main reason they're still trotting out Wylie is that they don't want to have TWO new OL in there.

8. Mahomes just flat missed Mckinnon in the flat. Easy first down. I would not trade Mahomes for anything, but it is frustrating that he has this tendency. Just take the easy yards, man!

9. I love Pacheco. That's it. Just wanted to say that. We should have stuck with the run. It was working.

10. The silver lining? Well, it's a well worn saying that you learn more from failure than success. The Chiefs had plenty of opportunities to win this one; make any one of half a dozen 'oops' plays and they do. But perhaps this loss underlines some ongoing issues, and will usher in some changes. I'd rather lose this one now, if it makes them better later on.

Did I mention that Wylie blows goats?
Is there anything Spags could do that would cause you to put any of the blame on him?

Because, honestly, you seem incapable of holding him accountable as the DC.

When Dunlap and Gay made those big plays, I said it was just great individual effort, and you said I was wrong. But, when the defense plays poorly as a whole, you say it's the players.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up