ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Plenty Of Choke Awards To Go Around In Bengals Loss
petegz28 06:40 PM 12-04-2022
The Defense: They have to be the front runner. Can't sack one of the most sacked QBs in the game. Can't tackle. Can't cover. Can't do shit. Outside of a bright spot or two where the Bengals did more to stop themselves and a 4th down stop, they have to be tops for the award.

Travis Kelce: Hard to be down on him but his fumble was very costly as it left us chasing the Bengals the rest of the game. There is a point you have to just go down but again, hard to be down on him.

Patrick Mahomes: 3rd and 3, down by 3 late in the 4th quarter, McKinnon flares out in the flat with no one within 10 yards of him. The Bengals were literally giving us a 1st down and Mahomes never even looks that way. Instead he kept trying to look for a big play and ended up taking a sack. That leads us to our next contestant....

Butker: I get it, it's a 56 yard FG for the tie but it is for the tie and you push it wide. Come on down, you're a contestant

Andy Reid: WTF do you kick a 56 hard FG knowing it's high risk and your defense can't stop shit? I get it Pat was limping so call a TO and then if he can't go then kick the FG. That's on top of getting away from what was a great running game at key times, particularly in the red zone early when we had to settle for 3. Three times in a row we have lost to the Bengals by 3 points and largely because we didn't stick with the run more. Granted we did better today.

Steve Spags: Just WTF? What ****ing kind of defense was this guy calling? All day Burrows had all day. All day we let guys run wide open. All day we played off. We never contest receptions, we tackle like shit, guys run anywhere and everywhere they want and the QB has time to read the paper and eat a Snicker's before he has to throw.

It took a team effort to lose this one and the team pulled together to make sure everyone had a part in us losing.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:19 PM 12-04-2022
It was especially dumb because I have no confidence in Butker right now.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:33 PM 12-04-2022
Everyone keeps mentioning Mahomes missing McKinnon on that 3rd down, but as soon as Pat hits the dirt, two defenders sitting on McKninnon pop into the screen.

I'm sure Pat saw them and realized there was a good chance they'd rally to make the tackle short of the 1st.

Also, if you look at the end zone angle on the replay, someone was coming open (moving from the middle of the field going toward the right sideline). I'm thinking it was MVS. He would have been open for a 20-25 yarder or more if our tackles are even halfway decent.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:31 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Titty Meat starting the game thread again and robbing us of a KcNut game thread.
I'm thinking this was the culprit. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 08:34 PM 12-04-2022
The down point of Spags is we basically don't create turnovers, it's impressive to have the record we do and be negative in differential.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:37 PM 12-04-2022
I LOVE THE :-)CHIEFS!! **** ALL THE HATERS! :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:39 PM 12-04-2022
I guess some of it is semantics because people love to say players "choked" to the point that it really doesn't mean anything..... but, I'm not sure how Kelce "choked". It was pretty clear the Bengals were trying to hold him up on multiple occasions and whether that was an impact or whatever... shit happens. I don't think he was particularly careless or anything and seemed like he was trying to get down. :-)

Also really thought there was something there for Mahomes on the play you mentioned... just throwing shit out there, but I do wonder if the game got in his head a bit. He was pressing a few times and that run to the end zone is risky as hell. Overall, one play... again, shit happens, but like I said, wonder if they're in his head a bit.

The FG choice was bad... felt like something Brandon Staley would do. Go for it on other 4th downs in other situations, but still do the conservative thing when you REALLY need to go for it on 4th down.

And mentioned in another thread, but the defense has to win somewhere... just can't let Burrow have all day AND leave guys so terribly wide open AND let them run for 150 yards.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:41 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I guess some of it is semantics because people love to say players "choked" to the point that it really doesn't mean anything..... but, I'm not sure how Kelce "choked". It was pretty clear the Bengals were trying to hold him up on multiple occasions and whether that was an impact or whatever... shit happens. I don't think he was particularly careless or anything and seemed like he was trying to get down. :-)

Also really thought there was something there for Mahomes on the play you mentioned... just throwing shit out there, but I do wonder if the game got in his head a bit. He was pressing a few times and that run to the end zone is risky as hell. Overall, one play... again, shit happens, but like I said, wonder if they're in his head a bit.

The FG choice was bad... felt like something Brandon Staley would do. Go for it on other 4th downs in other situations, but still do the conservative thing when you REALLY need to go for it on 4th down.

And mentioned in another thread, but the defense has to win somewhere... just can't let Burrow have all day AND leave guys so terribly wide open AND let them run for 150 yards.
This defense has no answers for them...we have 1 DL thar can get it done so they take him out...you blitz you get killed you play back he picks you apart..

They got the advantage of having 2 top level WRs to go with their QB.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:23 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This defense has no answers for them...we have 1 DL thar can get it done so they take him out...you blitz you get killed you play back he picks you apart..

And it doesn’t help when Chris Jones has a close to invisible or minimal impact game like he had today… similar to his game vs Cincy in the AFC Championship Game.

I know he’s getting double and even triple teamed, but Aaron Donald still dominates through that same treatment.

If Chris Jones is being mentioned as an Aaron Donald-caliber player, then the same standard of performance should be expected from him… especially in big games vs elite offenses like today.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:25 PM 12-04-2022
FUCK YOU, TITTY MEAT!!!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:38 PM 12-04-2022
Pretty unfair to throw butker in there. 56 yards is no chip shot. Let alone on a bad snap.
[Reply]
-King- 09:42 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Pretty unfair to throw butker in there. 56 yards is no chip shot. Let alone on a bad snap.
This. We should have went for it anyways and lived with the result.

That 3rd down play is wild though. I don't know how Mahomes didn't see McKinnon wide open. The man guarding him was 5 yards past the first down market so McKinnon had an easy first and if he makes that man miss, a sizeable gain after that. Orlando did him absolutely no favors there, but you'd think that he'd go to his check down right when he saw the play was a bust.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:50 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Everyone keeps mentioning Mahomes missing McKinnon on that 3rd down, but as soon as Pat hits the dirt, two defenders sitting on McKninnon pop into the screen.

I'm sure Pat saw them and realized there was a good chance they'd rally to make the tackle short of the 1st.

Also, if you look at the end zone angle on the replay, someone was coming open (moving from the middle of the field going toward the right sideline). I'm thinking it was MVS. He would have been open for a 20-25 yarder or more if our tackles are even halfway decent.
Correct. I also suspect that Mahomes didn't think Andy would be dumb enough to kick a FG in that spot and that he'd have another chance on it on 4th down regardless, but Andy unfortunately was.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:50 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:

And apparently a better OL, and DL.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:55 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Titty Meat starting the game thread again and robbing us of a KcNut game thread.
Who started the game threads the other times we lost to the Bengals you butthurt bitch?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:56 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
**** YOU, TITTY MEAT!!!
3740 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64111

Pull up!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up