ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:04 PM 12-04-2022
Our line play is what's killing us. We really need to move on from Clark and Wylie as well as OBJ. Both lines were not good today and that's ultimately what lost the game.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:06 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Our line play is what's killing us. We really need to move on from Clark and Wylie as well as OBJ. Both lines were not good today and that's ultimately what lost the game.
Haven’t been able to add a single difference maker at OT or DE in 5 years, why would anyone have faith that Veach is goito be able to find a LT, RT, and DE all in one offseason?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:06 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Tyreek doesn't make them unbeatable. The problems in the trenches were there with Tyreek on the roster.
for the record I think mahomes became a better qb without tyreek so I don’t really regret the move. That being said, we are unbeatable with tyreek and the new version of mahomes. Hell, we are a way different team next time we play cincy with a healthy Toney and hardman. if we knew tyreek was gone we could have been more aggressive about some of the big name WRs who hit the market. The lateness in losing him screwed us.

We’ve always been outmatched in the trenches on offense. It hasn’t stopped us before. Juju was the guy we badly needed last year to play off tyreek. We are way better now with Pacheco. We would be lethal with our new TE toys. Of course it would be nice to have better OL play. But we aren’t as reliant as other teams are. We’ve made three straight afc championships even when we had trenches WAY worse than what we have now.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:32 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
for the record I think mahomes became a better qb without tyreek so I don’t really regret the move. That being said, we are unbeatable with tyreek and the new version of mahomes. Hell, we are a way different team next time we play cincy with a healthy Toney and hardman. if we knew tyreek was gone we could have been more aggressive about some of the big name WRs who hit the market. The lateness in losing him screwed us.

We’ve always been outmatched in the trenches on offense. It hasn’t stopped us before. Juju was the guy we badly needed last year to play off tyreek. We are way better now with Pacheco. We would be lethal with our new TE toys. Of course it would be nice to have better OL play. But we aren’t as reliant as other teams are. We’ve made three straight afc championships even when we had trenches WAY worse than what we have now.
I'm talking about both sides of the trenches. OL & DL both have been lacking physical toughness for years. Tyreek doesn't fix those problems. This team needs to get a hell of a lot tougher up front, on both sides of the ball. Not gonna happen overnight.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:34 PM 12-04-2022
Anytime you want to start making fun of other fanbases, remember this thread and others started after this game.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:36 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I'm talking about both sides of the trenches. OL & DL both have been lacking physical toughness for years. Tyreek doesn't fix those problems. This team needs to get a hell of a lot tougher up front, on both sides of the ball. Not gonna happen overnight.
We need consistent edge pressure. Burrow had all day to throw.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:45 PM 12-04-2022
For whatever issues this team has, it is reassuring to know that we had the ball in Mahomes’s hands late with a chance to win or put it away. That’ll be a positive result more often than not.

In each of the 3 losses, you can circle a few pretty correctable things that didn’t go our way.

Chiefs are still more than capable of winning it all. Get the 1 seed and I’ll feel good about our chances.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:06 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
our OL was not the issue today.. we ran pretty well and were able to move the ball

on defense we could not stop them. 1 punt and once where they refused to take 3 more points and dropped an easy TD.

there's no comparison
Bro, Patrick was getting pressured with 3 men rushing. Our tackles our awful.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 06:23 AM 12-05-2022
What is he meant to do when we are picking in the 30s every year in the draft. It is really hard to get good lineman at that stage in the draft.

We are always going to stuggle but I do think we should be targetting line now in the first 2/3 rounds of the draft for the next couple of years.
[Reply]
wbbonneriii 06:34 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
What is he meant to do when we are picking in the 30s every year in the draft. It is really hard to get good lineman at that stage in the draft.

We are always going to stuggle but I do think we should be targetting line now in the first 2/3 rounds of the draft for the next couple of years.
Again the Patriots always found a way to protect Brady and put significant pressure on the opposing QB…our OL and DL play is terrible compared to the other top teams in the league (Bengals, Bills, Philly, Cowboys, SF, etc.)…the lack of talent is all on Veach.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:24 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Bro, Patrick was getting pressured with 3 men rushing. Our tackles are awful.
Brown and Wylie are worthless. Rush 3 drop 8 and PM still had to scramble. It needs fixed and it ain't happening this year.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:31 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by wbbonneriii:
Again the Patriots always found a way to protect Brady and put significant pressure on the opposing QB…our OL and DL play is terrible compared to the other top teams in the league (Bengals, Bills, Philly, Cowboys, SF, etc.)…the lack of talent is all on Veach.
Not all on Veach. Andy Reid is right there next to him on personnel decisions. I am curious to see how much longer Andy sticks around.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:04 AM 12-05-2022
Because all of these teams depend on it. None of those teams have to revolve their cap around a HOF QB. None are dealing with building around a long term mega contract. The pats did it but we are not going to be the dink and dunk team New England was. Brady needed a balanced team where we need our offense to be great and our defense to be just good enough. Much as you point to other teams as being ones to model after last I checked it’s every team in the league wanting to be us. We are doing just fine. We just can’t whiff on our big shots like obj and clark.

Apples and oranges. We do need to hit more on OL and DL, for sure. But we also can’t expect that with our new normal we’re going to be dominant in every phase of the game.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:10 AM 12-05-2022
For as bad as people think these team is people need to watch what happened to Aaron rodgers after his big payday. We have way more talent than we get credit for. And rightfully so we chose to have solid players all along because we just don’t have draft position or nearly as much $$$ to bring in studs all over the field.

ideally we need a true wr1. On defense we need an edge rusher. OL would be nice but we have had plenty of success without it that it isn’t mission critical. We have a great cap situation next year to do these things. And even still our team has a real good shot at winning the whole damn thing this year.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:17 AM 12-05-2022
And even they lost games too.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up