ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>PFF 2023 Mock Draft
KChiefs1 10:30 AM 11-16-2022

[Reply]
kccrow 12:20 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just not moving up for anything but a QB. I don't think it ever works in the team that trades ups favor.
Sure it does, there are just diminishing returns the further you go up.
[Reply]
O.city 12:23 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Sure it does, there are just diminishing returns the further you go up.
Up a few picks? Sure.

Up like from 30 to 15 or so? Nah.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:26 PM 11-16-2022
I was going to say, we've traded up a few times and had it work out just fine. It's always just a few spots, though.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:40 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Up a few picks? Sure.

Up like from 30 to 15 or so? Nah.
There's not a ton of history of it. Most of the trades recently have involved a player in addition to picks.

The last one I can find that was a legit picks trade, the Packers moved up from 27 to 18 to take Jaire Alexander who was definitely worth it compared to Rashaad Penny, Mason Rudolph, and Jacob Martin.

The time before that was the 49ers moving up from 31 to 18 for Eric Reid. The Cowboys ended up with Travis Frederick and Terrance Williams. Dallas got the better of that one as Frederick is a 2x All-Pro and Williams has been a solid WR. Reid is a very good FS but not AP.

My opinion is, if you want a guy at QB, LT, or DE and the compensation is at face value, then make the move.

The Chiefs are not and probably will not be in a position to select in the top 15 or top 20 any time soon. You usually have to pick inside the top 20 to get a LT. It's pretty rare you get one outside of it.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:44 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I was going to say, we've traded up a few times and had it work out just fine. It's always just a few spots, though.
There is data that supports not moving up more than "X" number of spots, but obviously, that's as a whole across the entire draft. I forget what it was but I want to say it's around 6 picks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:55 PM 11-16-2022
Anyone know where Isaiah Foskey went in this draft because he's who I'm after as of right now.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:15 PM 11-16-2022
Man, I dunno about that one. Not too many guys think he's a 1st round prospect right now. Maybe fringe 2nd based on what I'm seeing. It's early yet though.

What I don't like? His pecker pole legs like ****ing Niang.

I'm all in on a move up for Jaelyn Duncan. One needs to dream.
Duncan's stock seems to not be shooting into the top 15 universally, so who knows where he ends up?

I like him a lot as a fit for KC. Bergeron, too. And Broderick Jones is really intriguing. He's got the length and athleticism to be an NFL LT and has a bully mentality to boot.

KC is going to have options that fit what it needs at LT in this draft, if it goes that route.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:23 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Anyone know where Isaiah Foskey went in this draft because he's who I'm after as of right now.
He did not.

Edges taken in the PFF one I see are:

4 - Will Anderson, Steelers
7 - Myles Murphy, Bucs
11 - Tyree Wilson, Cardinals
14 - Nolan Smith, Lions
22 - Byron Young, Seahawks
29 - B.J. Ojulari, Titans
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:27 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He did not.

Edges taken in the PFF one I see are:

4 - Will Anderson, Steelers
7 - Myles Murphy, Bucs
11 - Tyree Wilson, Cardinals
14 - Nolan Smith, Lions
22 - Byron Young, Seahawks
29 - B.J. Ojulari, Titans
Fuck...give me Foskey at the bottom of the 1st then.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:35 PM 11-16-2022
Fuck...give me Foskey at the bottom of the 1st then.
Huddle Report released their first board about a month ago and had him as #14 prospect. The guy in Canada at GBN has him as the #19 prospect. I'd venture to say PFF is a bit off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 11-16-2022
Tony Gonzalez would be the best 'a few spots' trade up I can think of with the Chiefs in the first round. We gave up something like a 3rd rounder to trade up 4 or 5 spots and get him at 13.

I'm typically a 'get your guy' proponent and almost always prefer trading up to trading down. But it's easier to do that from the passenger seat when you never know if maybe just being patient gets you your guy anyway. That's why so few of those 'small' first round trade-ups tend to happen and/or bear fruit.

The situations are typically one where a team is trying to snag the last guy in a tier of players rather than a true 'your guy' situation, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:39 PM 11-16-2022
Huddle Report released their first board about a month ago and had him as #14 prospect. The guy in Canada at GBN has him as the #19 prospect. I'd venture to say PFF is a bit off.
PFF, as it always the case with PFF, is a valuable data point and little else.

Their board is so metric heavy that it overlooks really toolsy guys, especially this early in the process.

But you will find that they're often a little ahead of the draft gurus on a lot of under the radar guys. They will sometimes see rises or falls well before anyone else does.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:40 PM 11-16-2022
****...give me Foskey at the bottom of the 1st then.
I like Andre Carter and still am intrigued by ZPF at Washington, too.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:48 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
PFF, as it always the case with PFF, is a valuable data point and little else.

Their board is so metric heavy that it overlooks really toolsy guys, especially this early in the process.

But you will find that they're often a little ahead of the draft gurus on a lot of under the radar guys. They will sometimes see rises or falls well before anyone else does.
All true, but Foskey has a legit probability of going top 10, and if it weren't a good QB draft it wouldn't be in question.

He's a lot more than toolsy, he's very productive to back it up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 11-16-2022
All true, but Foskey has a legit probability of going top 10, and if it weren't a good QB draft it wouldn't be in question.

He's a lot more than toolsy, he's very productive to back it up.
I think they're low on him, for sure.

But they seem to have him as more a product of volume in pass rushing opportunities than they do a purely dominant player.

And it's hard to say ND has faced a real tough schedule this season (I'd say a slightly above average one) or that he's really stood out when they have played top notch teams.

If you're in love with the guy, it's more based on his projectability. Guy is a specimen; great length, great frame and outstanding athleticism w/ the build to add functional strength.

But PFF isn't considering that as much as they should; they're busy drooling over Tyree Wilson's 50 total pressures over the same number as pass rush snaps as Foskey managed 28 in. Or Nolan Smith's 19 in fewer than half as many combined with UGA's schedule coming out of the SEC.

I agree that they're too dogmatic - but that's almost certainly how we get there. It's just not how the NFL views things so typically I don't put much weight in their mocks apart from just giving me some additional names to look into.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up