ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>First round WR
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 11-16-2022
Who would have to slip for you to be willing to make that move over DL or OT?

I think a lot of people like Jordan Addison but if we're sitting on the clock and Jaxson Smith-Njigba is on the board, I think I'm making that move.

He was an absolute monster last season and was projected as WR1 in this draft and a potential top 5 pick. He's been battling hamstring injuries all season.

I think he's a potential game-changer and at worst, an absolute monster of an X receiver. Maybe not a true 'burner' but he's very physical, exceptionally strong in his route runner and very good in short areas.

He reminds me quite a bit of Brandon Aiyuk. He's a perfect complement to an athletic monster like Toney and would presumably allow us to move on from JJSS and reallocate that cap space elsewhere.

This is the kind of exercise that has me leaning towards "just take the best player you can get..." as I do most years. Because with the number of keep/walk decisions we have at several key areas, we can shell-game just about any decision we make to ensure that all bases are covered.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:48 PM 11-16-2022
I just don't see how JSN is available at #32-ish, even with the injuries. But who knows.

I'm with you on BPA this year.

The wild card is that (maybe?) Hunt will want/allow Veach to make a splash move, given we are hosting. He's downplayed that in his most recent presser, but it's a possibility.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:25 PM 11-16-2022
I'm not much on the BPA approach this year. I'm much in favor of going and getting a guy that changes the landscape for you moving forward.

LT or DE. Go up and get a stud that you have locked in on the cheap for 5 years.

If not that, then maybe I look at WR and specifically Jalin Hyatt. Kid has special speed... like Tyreek special. About the same build as Jameson Williams.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:51 PM 11-16-2022
It's probably the only position I'd even consider over OT or DL.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:10 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm not much on the BPA approach this year. I'm much in favor of going and getting a guy that changes the landscape for you moving forward.

LT or DE. Go up and get a stud that you have locked in on the cheap for 5 years.

If not that, then maybe I look at WR and specifically Jalin Hyatt. Kid has special speed... like Tyreek special. About the same build as Jameson Williams.
My attitude remains that the priority should always be building an elite offence around Mahomes and then and only then giving 2 s***s about the defence, so I'm happy if a top WR falls to us and we take them. I'm basically BPA from OT, WR, or DEs.

So if a JSN fell sure, but I think unlikely. I think of the top guys I've seen projected Downs is a guy who could fall there if people don't like the size. He's not ideal but man he's shifty.

If we're saying what might be the "worst" WR that I could see myself choosing over an OT or decent DE it'd be Hyatt. I'd probably take him over most of the others, possibly JSN. Nowhwre near as complete but that speed would be a loooot of fun, and I honestly think we'd know how to use it better than JSN.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 03:11 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:

I agree about going up now and getting a top player. We have enough cap space and other players on rookie contracts now to keep the cap down. A top OT or DE would make so much difference on this team and we have enough cap space to fill out other positions with solid players too.

I am not up for trading up for either position and I can't see how else we are ever going to get a top player at either of the positions.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:27 PM 11-16-2022
I'm actually not coo-coo for Cocoa puffs re: Jaxon Smith-Nixba. There IS one guy that I'm like that for in this draft at WR, though: Quentin Johnson.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:29 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
My attitude remains that the priority should always be building an elite offence around Mahomes and then and only then giving 2 s***s about the defence, so I'm happy if a top WR falls to us and we take them. I'm basically BPA from OT, WR, or DEs.
Goofy damn Canadians...

I bet you spell 'colour' and 'centre' wrong as well...
[Reply]
RunKC 03:35 PM 11-16-2022
It’s possible but I really want to build the trenches. I’d be happy with a RT and pass rusher in the first 2 rds.
[Reply]
O.city 03:42 PM 11-16-2022
No. Guys, just no.

They went with the WR by committee approach.

Stick with it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:53 PM 11-16-2022
Haven't even bothered looking yet.

But when i do look, i'll be looking for the biggest, most athletic dude who can run the fastest and has a knack for making spectacular catches.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:55 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
No. Guys, just no.

They went with the WR by committee approach.

Stick with it.
Choosing not to pay out the wazoo for high-end WR talent actually makes MORE of a point for investing draft resources in it, IMO.

I mean, in a world where they let Smith-Schuster walk, adding another young guy into the pipeline who has high upside makes a lot of sense, no?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:56 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Haven't even bothered looking yet.

But when i do look, i'll be looking for the biggest, most athletic dude who can run the fastest and has a knack for making spectacular catches.
(whispers)
Quentin. Johnson. Who won't be available
(/whispers)
[Reply]
JPH83 04:07 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Goofy damn Canadians...

I bet you spell 'colour' and 'centre' wrong as well...
I'm not Canadian! Worse than that. But yeah I'm sorry, I'm probably gonna keep doing this.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:44 PM 11-16-2022
Johnston would compliment Toney and Skyy perfectly.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up