ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 72
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The race for the #1 seed in the AFC
BossChief 03:21 PM 11-06-2022
With Buffalo losing to NY today, if we beat Tennessee tonight we will be tied for 1st place in the AFC but Buffalo owns the head to head tiebreaker.

It’s going to be interesting to see the energy KC comes out with tonight.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:30 PM 12-04-2022
Buffalo fans jumping for joy but the truth is their team has looked off since they beat us.

They aren't running the table.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:33 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Would really prefer it not be the Chargers if this is the case though.

I made a thread on it but I was looking at everyone's remaining schedules and I'm thinking the most likely #7 seed:

Raiders
Jets
Chargers
Patriots

Raiders toughest games left are 49ers, who just lost their QB, and KC.

The other teams' schedules look a little dicier, IMO, which is why I think it'll end up being LV.

But yeah, Chargers would be an annoying draw in the Divisional Round, especially if they were somehow able to get healthy by then.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:34 AM 12-05-2022
In the cold light of day when you really look back at all three loses.

Colts= Skyy Moore fumble, game changing Jones penalty, crucial Kelce TD drop and Pat throws a pick when we had a chance to tie the game in the dying seconds.

Bills= Butker misses a kick, Pat throws a pick in the redzone and then another pick when we had the ball with a minute to go.

Cinci= Crucial fumble by Kelce, Pat misses Mckinnon late and takes a sack..Butker misses the FG to give us a chance.

In all three of those defeats the defense gave up 20, 24 and 27. And the offense had the ball late in all three games with a chance to either tie or win but couldn't get it done. Infact they couldn't end the game against the Raiders late either and put the defense back out there with only one point to defend.

The defense has it's issues yes, but in every single one of those loses they gave the offense a chance to get it done and they never came through..it's that simple.

The key now is whether the Bills can hold their nerve or not. Jets, Miami and Cinci to come!!..our number one seed ambitions are in one of their hands so we'll see. This loss hurts, but the season never ended yesterday and that's all that matters really.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:35 AM 12-05-2022
#1 seed chance drops from 56% to 33%.

#2 seed 41%

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...l/playoff-odds
[Reply]
TEX 09:41 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
In the cold light of day when you really look back at all three loses.

Colts= Skyy Moore fumble, game changing Jones penalty, crucial Kelce TD drop and Pat throws a pick when we had a chance to tie the game in the dying seconds.

Bills= Butker misses a kick, Pat throws a pick in the redzone and then another pick when we had the ball with a minute to go.

Cinci= Crucial fumble by Kelce, Pat misses Mckinnon late and takes a sack..Butker misses the FG to give us a chance.

In all three of those defeats the defense gave up 20, 24 and 27. And the offense had the ball late in all three games with a chance to either tie or win but couldn't get it done. Infact they couldn't end the game against the Raiders late either and put the defense back out there with only one point to defend.

The defense has it's issues yes, but in every single one of those loses they gave the offense a chance to get it done and they never came through..it's that simple.

The key now is whether the Bills can hold their nerve or not. Jets, Miami and Cinci to come!!..our number one seed ambitions are in one of their hands so we'll see. This loss hurts, but the season never ended yesterday and that's all that matters really.
I don't really care about the #1 seed. Because, I don't feel comfortable with the rematch with Cincinnati anywhere, Buffalo also. Although I'd rather play the Bills than the Bengals. So not only do we do need help from other teams for the #1 seed, but once the playoff start, we'll need help from other teams to knock off the Bengals. This team has Divisional round playoff loss written all over it. Which would continue the trend of taking one step backwards since Super Bowl LIV. Not all that bad considering all the new faces on the team.
[Reply]
TEX 09:51 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
The 49ers have an elite OL and DL. They can manhandle any team on the LOS.

Ironically, our OL and DL played well against theirs. Go figure.
They don't have a QB so they couldn't put up points when we struggled. They could not make us pay for a few bad platys, like teams with good QB's can.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:55 AM 12-05-2022
Win out is the only shot and Buff dropping one. I think we still get it but we can't lose another or it's gone. Bengals will beat Buff probably.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:07 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
#1 seed chance drops from 56% to 33%.

#2 seed 41%

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...l/playoff-odds
Im genuinely surprised DVOA has the Chiefs ranked so low in general. That page shows the Chiefs as not even a top 2 AFC team. I see the Chiefs as a top 2 entire NFL team.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:10 AM 12-05-2022
Chiefs still have the inside track for the 1 seed.

Bright side is that the Chiefs had an opportunity to win every game that they’ve lost this year. A few things go different, and those could be wins. We haven’t seen a game resembling anything near the Tennessee game last year.

That said, if we end up regretting anything from this year it will be the Colts game.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:16 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
Im genuinely surprised DVOA has the Chiefs ranked so low in general. That page shows the Chiefs as not even a top 2 AFC team. I see the Chiefs as a top 2 entire NFL team.
They have a pretty flawed roster. Nowhere close to Top 5 roster in terms of talent.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:18 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Win out is the only shot and Buff dropping one. I think we still get it but we can't lose another or it's gone. Bengals will beat Buff probably.
I think the Bengals have a tougher time against Buffalo than KC. They just don’t match up that well with Buffalo.

The Bengals beat teams by controlling the defensive line of scrimmage and that will be more difficult against the Bills who have extremely physical lines on both sides of the ball (if they’re healthy).

If you look at the teams the Bengals struggle with - losses to San Fran, Cleveland (3x), Baltimore, Pitt - over the last two seasons, it’s teams with physical line of scrimmage play.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:20 AM 12-05-2022
cincy's OL is playing well

if von doesn't play in cincy the bengals win

but knowing josh AKA THE TURNOVER MACHINE you'll get swept by the jets and hand us the one seed right back
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:32 AM 12-05-2022
Chiefs will win out.

Bills will drop at least one game.

Sucks that the Bengals are still handing us losses, but I’m still confident that KC will have the #1 seed when the playoffs kick off.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:33 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
cincy's OL is playing well

if von doesn't play in cincy the bengals win

but knowing josh AKA THE TURNOVER MACHINE you'll get swept by the jets and hand us the one seed right back
Hate to tell you but Allen’s mid season slump is over. He has 6 TD’s and 1 INT in the past 3 games (all wins). He is now back on track.

I still think the Chiefs get the #1 seed though. Bills have a tough schedule down the stretch and to quote Mike Florio “The Chiefs have high school teams remaining” (or something like that).
[Reply]
Mecca 10:34 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
Hate to tell you but Allen’s mid season slump is over. He has 6 TD’s and 1 INT in the past 3 games (all wins). He is now back on track.

I still think the Chiefs get the #1 seed though. Bills have a tough schedule down the stretch and to quote Mike Florio “The Chiefs have high school teams remaining” (or something like that).
He pumped his stats against Detroit and NE man I'm impressed.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 72
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up