Media Center>Black Adam (2022)
Tribal Warfare 10:34 AM 06-08-2022

[Reply]
Buddy Rich 11:37 AM 06-09-2022
Adults watch crap like this?
[Reply]
Fish 12:22 PM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
While DC has their faults and epic failures (BvS will forever be one of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters and I still don't know WTF they were thinking with WW 1984) they've also had some pretty good stuff as of late.
Joker made over a billion dollars (highest grossing R rated movie of all time btw) Joaquin Phoenix won an Oscar for his performance as the Joker (second time an actor won the Oscar for that role following Heath Ledger's iconic Oscar winning performance)

,. Wonder Woman was very well received and a major box office success. Ditto on Aquabro making over a billion at the box office (I loathed all that goofy shit though but I can't deny that it was a big success for Warner Bros/DC) Shazam was a surprise success (not major but still it was received well overall)

The Batman was flat out incredible and an awesome fresh take on Batman imo. Matt Reeves knocked it out of the park. It was also very well received by audiences & critics alike (Not to mention a box office success as well as a huge hit for HBO Max streaming service) and IMO it shits all over any of the formulaic assembly line crap that Kevin Feige has been shoveling out to the masses for over a decade now.

But you enjoy She Hulk: Attorney of Law on Disney+, looks like real cutting edge stuff:-)
LOL DC fanboy. So weird.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:28 PM 06-09-2022
Rainy day rental
[Reply]
sully1983 04:55 PM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Talks about all of the box office success of DC movies and then brings up She Hulk while ignoring the BILLIONS of dollars that Marvel has made.

Plus your use of punctuation all over the place is god awful to read.
I also clearly noted that those DC movies were well received by audiences & critics alike. Just pointing out its not the dumpster fire that poster was alluding to with "LOL DC" .

And just to clarify I never once ignored the billions of dollars the MCU has made. Never denied how insanely successful the MCU has been. I just pointed out how formulaic most of them are to me (hence, mentioning all the assembly line shit that Kevin Feige has been shoveling out to the masses for over a decade now)

And me bringing up She Hulk: Attorney of Law was completely harmless. I wasn't aware how popular she was with the MCU fanboys. Will make sure to tread lightly next time. :-)
[Reply]
sully1983 05:07 PM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL DC fanboy. So weird.
lol That's what you gathered from my post? (Even after I clearly stated in that very post you quoted that BvS was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters, Aquabro being beyond stupid/goofy as hell movie , WW1984 being a complete abortion of a sequel, how DC royally messed up with Green Lantern and being overly critical of the entire Snyderverse Justice League shitshow? :-))

Definitely not a "fanboy" of either DC or Marvel. While I'm a big time movie buff, I can honestly say that The Dark Knight would be the only comic book super hero movie that would even crack my top 25 favorite movies of all time. Most of my favorite movies range from David Fincher movies, Scorsese movies or David Lynch movies.

I was wowed by Matt Reeves' The Batman though.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:21 PM 06-09-2022
Looks like it may be decent. Only DC movies I like are Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman.

Batman v Superman Extended Edition was slightly better but not great. The first 10 min of that movie was cool

Snyder Cut was decent too but way too long.

Hopefully this will be good
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:52 PM 06-10-2022
Clicked on the thread because I thought it might be an Origin of Man story, not another DC movie.

I won't say I never watch comic book movies, but they are low priority because they all have a sameness to them. Good for a rainy afternoon watch.

A movie about the first man could be really interesting.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:03 PM 09-08-2022
Updated op
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:23 AM 09-09-2022
While DC has their faults and epic failures (BvS will forever be one of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters and I still don't know WTF they were thinking with WW 1984) they've also had some pretty good stuff as of late.
Joker made over a billion dollars (highest grossing R rated movie of all time btw) Joaquin Phoenix won an Oscar for his performance as the Joker (second time an actor won the Oscar for that role following Heath Ledger's iconic Oscar winning performance)

,. Wonder Woman was very well received and a major box office success. Ditto on Aquabro making over a billion at the box office (I loathed all that goofy shit though but I can't deny that it was a big success for Warner Bros/DC) Shazam was a surprise success (not major but still it was received well overall)

The Batman was flat out incredible and an awesome fresh take on Batman imo. Matt Reeves knocked it out of the park. It was also very well received by audiences & critics alike (Not to mention a box office success as well as a huge hit for HBO Max streaming service) and IMO it shits all over any of the formulaic assembly line crap that Kevin Feige has been shoveling out to the masses for over a decade now.

But you enjoy She Hulk: Attorney of Law on Disney+, looks like real cutting edge stuff:-)

Joker was pretty good, but wasn't really a DC type movie (which may be why it was pretty good). Wonder Woman was passable, but wildly overrated. The rest of the movies have all pretty much sucked.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:44 AM 09-09-2022
I remember that shitty Will Smith movie called Hancock that had the whole IDGAF anti hero theme to it. Hopefully Black Adam is way better than that at least lol. And yeah I can't help but like the Rock. A lot of his movies are either crap or mindless fun but he's so damn charismatic and likable that it makes up for all the shitty stuff that goes on in a lot of his movies. He normally plays really nice guy/likable noble characters so this could be an interesting role for him playing the anti hero. We shall see I guess
Same here about The Rock. I used to watch him with my kids when he was wrestling on TV, and he was entertaining as hell. Just really fun stuff. And he comes across as an honestly decent human being. I'll give this a shot because he's fun to watch. I had never heard of this character before so it might be interesting.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:44 AM 09-09-2022
I've never seen a movie with the Rock in it....looks like this trend will continue.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:00 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I've never seen a movie with the Rock in it....looks like this trend will continue.
That's pretty sad.

Not that he's been in any cinematic masterpieces, but his movies are fun mindless crap to have on while doing other things.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:01 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Joker was pretty good, but wasn't really a DC type movie (which may be why it was pretty good). Wonder Woman was passable, but wildly overrated. The rest of the movies have all pretty much sucked.
On the first Wonder Woman movie, about 3/4ths of the movie was pretty good. The last 1/4 of the movie was utter crap.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:16 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
That's pretty sad.

Not that he's been in any cinematic masterpieces, but his movies are fun mindless crap to have on while doing other things.
Weird...I dont feel sad.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:28 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

You've missed some movies worth seeing.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up