View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 343
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:23 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Gross. We have so many holes to fill. The idea that we'd use those picks on even an immediate Anthony-Munoz-level LT would be a disastrous decision.
Proof how little I like Orlando at LT, because I don't.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:24 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I guess people didn't pay attention to Patrick bailing out running to the right sideline then throwing it away all the time. Brown cant handle speed rushers and he is going to face even more this year. If we would run the ball a little more and brown would trim down some he might become great. I just don't trust throwing money at him and expect him to not get fatter.
Mahomes admitted part of that was on him, especially early.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:25 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
LT is more important than WR. People act like Hill is unstoppable. He isn't and we have seen that in the playoffs.
He averaged 84 yards a game in the playoffs in his career, idiot.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:26 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Warrick:
1 Trent Williams
$23,010,000

2 David Bakhtiari
$23,000,000

3 Laremy Tunsil
$22,000,0004

4 Ronnie Stanley
$19,750,000

5 Kolton Miller
$18,000,000

What's wrong with paying players fair market value vs having to pay a player top dollar everytime their contact is about to expire? $20-21 million is fair value for some one of OBJ's caliber.
The bigger issue is that OBJ isn't as good as anyone on that list.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:26 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Mahomes admitted part of that was on him, especially early.
Mahomes made Brown look way worse than what he was in the beginning of the year.
[Reply]
xztop123 09:29 PM 03-28-2022
Horrible. We were complaining about him mid season now he’s a top 5 nfl tackle?
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:33 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
this same argument is made every year. No “x position” in football is worth that price. Then someone pays it and then the rest follow.

You and over 1/2 the Planet say no, okay tell me how we get someone as good or better? How much money does it cost? How many draft picks?

You think only WR salaries are escalating? Just wait, it’s going to be every position.
I'm not against OBJ and I understand that the NFL player market is going up.

Someone has already posted the top NFL LT cap figures.

I am against creating our own LT market explosion by doing a huge deal that is way above market.

We may see a headline grabbing numbers for the Orlando Brown contract, but the actual dollars paid by KC will be far less.
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:34 PM 03-28-2022
I just hope they can get something done sooner than later. More cap is always good and the FA pickings get slimmer every day.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:35 PM 03-28-2022
Yikes.

Don’t like the look of that contract projection, especially after seeing Armstead’s deal with Miami (yes, I realize he’s 31 and injury prone).

But then again, if it’s REALLY something like 4/$85 mil. with a bunch of ‘fluff money’ thrown in on the back end of the contract, not gonna lose too much sleep over it. I’m sure it will also have a low first year cap hit.

Curious to see where it will end up when it gets done, but honestly more interested in the structure of the deal.

We’ll see . . . . . . .
[Reply]
Warrick 09:36 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The bigger issue is that OBJ isn't as good as anyone on that list.
Very true, but you'd think he'd be happy with just making more than Ronnie Stanley, no need to play him top dollar.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
Depends on the structure.

If the 6th year is $35 million or more, it's right at the 5/$100-$110 many of us expected.

And in all probability that's EXACTLY what it will be.

So I voted no but only because I wasn't thinking when I clicked on it. That's so much term you know there's a massive chunk of fake money in there and for a player that young, that kind of additional flexibility is only likely to be helpful long-term.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:42 PM 03-28-2022
Veach signs Juju. Everyone bitched until they saw the contract details.
Veach signs MVS. Everyone bitched until they saw the contract details.

Everyone want to guess what the next part is?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Veach signs Juju. Everyone bitched until they saw the contract details.
Veach signs MVS. Everyone bitched until they saw the contract details.

Everyone want to guess what the next part is?
What were the contract details on MVS?

Everything I heard before I decided I didn't really give a shit was something like 2/$18 million as the probable contract. Which still struck me as a little stout.
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:49 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Everything I heard before I decided I didn't really give a shit was something like 2/$18 million as the probable contract. Which still struck me as a little stout.
MVS Cap figures ’22 $4.88M, ’23 $11M, ’24 $14M
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:49 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

N/M - found it.

I think the most appealing part of the MVS contract is actually that it has a 1-year ripcord on it.

If he doesn't take to the offense and make strides as a multi-purpose weapon, the structure is such that you can cut him after a single season, absorb some dead cap and move along. But your cap hit for this year is so low that, as is often the case, it 'forward pays' the dead cap charge next year.

It really is a 1 year deal for about $8.75 million w/ a team option next season for about $8.75 million. That could be a hell of a lot worse.

In terms of the number, it's still a little higher than I'd like, but that's just what the market for WRs has been this year - shit happens.

Gonna need more flyers like Powell to hit in the coming years.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 343
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up