View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 343
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:56 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
What?... Teams are capped, free market decides everything else...
I am a capitalist but these contracts are ridiculous

Personally I think salaries should be stat based on performance the prior year.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:59 PM 03-29-2022
I voted no but it will probably happen. That's what teams pay for an LT. Even an average one.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:02 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:

As a Raider fan, I'm sure you do...:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:09 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
In general, this is why I'm opposed to trading for the right to pay someone. You are pot committed to the next contract, and it generally leads to a significant overpay, which costs the acquiring team both valuable draft capital and cap space instead of just one or the other.
I agree 100%, but this is the Chiefs dilemma. All the top or best LT go in the first 20 picks and when you are in championship games 4 years in a row it's hard to dip down and pick a great prospect.

People have complained about Vrett Beach draft picks but each year he is drafting at the end of each round. Last couple drafts he seems to be doing much better but he is still having to take chances on guys other GMs would't. I think as each year he is our GM the better at working the draft and getting the best value out of each player. Acquiring Brown was mostly because he knew there wouldn't be a LT prospect available late in the draft that would have been better and now we are stuck like you said paying the bill.

It's ok I like Brown as a mauler especially running the ball that we rarely do but if he improves his pass blocking then he will be worth the money. He can go from above average to pretty good if he can improve his pass blocking.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:10 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
He's very good and he should be paid as such.

He's not the best in the NFL.

Hill was the best in the NFL.

I'm very curious to hear the argument for why a top 10 LT is worth no 1 money but the most dangerous WR in the NFL isn't worth no 1 money...
He’s not.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:33 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I like Brown, I do. I think he's good and I want him here long term.

But if the choice is mine we have Hill and Brown walks. It's that simple. We draft a LT...
No. Paying Hill that price would have choked us. Wrs are not worth that money. LT is more important and continuity is important. The longer Brown is here the better he will get. He has the talent.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:39 PM 03-29-2022

Well that would do wonders for team chemistry and WR's that thought they weren't getting targeted enough.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:48 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Well that would do wonders for team chemistry and WR's that thought they weren't getting targeted enough.
Also give them workers comp like regular people to speed up the candy asses return.

Also if they signed a big contract and then sucked balls the next year then they have to be paid another year of their previous contract
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:52 PM 03-29-2022

This is actually a very capitalist mindset.

Your desire is for the earnings of the employees to be capped while the earnings of the owners is unchecked.

What’s more capitalist than that?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:54 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This is actually a very capitalist mindset.

Your desire is for the earnings of the employees to be capped while the earnings of the owners is unchecked.

What’s more capitalist than that?
Without the owners you have no teams , plenty of players out there that will play for a million a year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:41 PM 03-29-2022
How long did it take Fisher to quit sucking? And he was in the same offense every year of his career (different position his rookie year, but still)

People longing for brokedick Fisher also probably weren’t patient with him for those couple of years.

Give Brown another season on the tag. It will be fine. We’ll be fine. Don’t burn your two 1sts on another fatty for the love of god
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:45 PM 03-29-2022
Without the owners you have no teams , plenty of players out there that will play for a million a year.
No one wants to pay to watch trash. That's why none of the other leagues do well. The best player in the XFL or whatever it's called isn't even capable of playing in the NFL.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 12:02 PM 03-30-2022
The main reason why it makes sense to overpay Brown before fairly paying Tyreek Hill is Hill probably has around 3 times the trade value of Brown. If Chiefs sign Brown to a market rate contract, they could probably trade him for a late 2nd round pick or something like that. Chiefs paid more than that but only because they got Brown still on his rookie deal.

IMO Chiefs management made the right decision but if both players had roughly the same trade value and salary over the next 3 year, you get rid of Brown before Hill without even hesitating.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:05 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
The main reason why it makes sense to overpay Brown before fairly paying Tyreek Hill is Hill probably has around 3 times the trade value of Brown. If Chiefs sign Brown to a market rate contract, they could probably trade him for a late 2nd round pick or something like that. Chiefs paid more than that but only because they got Brown still on his rookie deal.

IMO Chiefs management made the right decision but if both players had roughly the same trade value and salary over the next 3 year, you get rid of Brown before Hill without even hesitating.
On the flip side, Brown likely has 3 times the effective career left, when you factor in age and position.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:06 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No one wants to pay to watch trash. That's why none of the other leagues do well. The best player in the XFL or whatever it's called isn't even capable of playing in the NFL.
That also explains the WNBA.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 343
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up