ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 32
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:22 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Regarding Watson's production relative to his competition...

I thnk the fact NDSU runs so much is obscuring his productivity.

He pulled in roughly 1/3 of the team's passing yards over the course of his two healthy seasons there (freshman, when he led them in receiving, and junior, when he led them in receiving far and away).

He's not just a fast guy blowing by people, either. If you watch him, you see a man with uncommon agility and wiggle for a player his size (which is backed up by his athletic scores). He makes a lot of guys miss in the open field.

I'm not sure he's worth a 1st, but I'm not sure he isn't.
NDSU went with a two QB system for most of the year. They had one QB who was awful. All he threw was ducks. Watson is legit. He had a couple of great catches against Missouri State. He went against our All-American CB. Difference in the game was Watson.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:08 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I've seen the tape.....this guy COULD be a WR unlike any WR that comes to mind at the moment. But from what I see he could easily be Jacoby Jones from the Ravens. I'm not completely sold on him as a first rounder. If he's there at our second pick....go for it

FWIW though he's on par with Treylon Burks to me
I think Burks is a higher floor, lower ceiling guy. I think he's probably AJ Brown, which is a fine addition.

Watson is either....well, basically MVS or he might be Randy Moss.

I don't know that I'd take him in the first, but I'd jump on him in the second. IF they took him in the first I wouldn't be mad about it because it would mean they interviewed him and he knocked their socks off. Physically, the kid is a freak. If he's a really sharp football mind too, then he's much less of a risk.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:00 PM 03-27-2022
Regarding Watson's production relative to his competition...

I thnk the fact NDSU runs so much is obscuring his productivity.

He pulled in roughly 1/3 of the team's passing yards over the course of his two healthy seasons there (freshman, when he led them in receiving, and junior, when he led them in receiving far and away).

He's not just a fast guy blowing by people, either. If you watch him, you see a man with uncommon agility and wiggle for a player his size (which is backed up by his athletic scores). He makes a lot of guys miss in the open field.

This sums up my thoughts exactly.

Would I take him in the 1st? No.

But I won’t complain about taking a guy with his size and speed either. There’s enough smoke about him going in the 1st that we shouldn’t be surprised by it.
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:48 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You saw all of that and then ended up wanting to trade up for a WR? The ****?
Yes, if you look at the bama wrs that are athletic and had production; like waddle, Devonta smith, jeudy and Ridley, they’ve all done very well. Jeudy is the only one with average numbers (still pretty good) and he’s been hurt and had poor qb play. Jeudy probably blows up with Wilson. Bama wrs have a good track record in league and the percentage of busts for bama wrs is extremely low. Bama prepares their wrs well. Combine the bama background of success with Jameson’s tape and yes, if the four other top wrs are gone by 20, London, garret, olave and burks, move up 9 spots to get jameson. Looking at the track record of picks from what kccrow posted, that history of average play or busts is scary. Jameson is a high floor AND high ceiling prospect in this offense with mahomes.
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:51 PM 03-27-2022
I agree. His tape is intriguing. He appears very athletic and super fast, but Determining his ability is difficult with the inferior competition.

[Reply]
kcbubb 04:59 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think Burks is a higher floor, lower ceiling guy. I think he's probably AJ Brown, which is a fine addition.
Burks is interesting to me in that he’s top speed is crazy for 225 lbs. he clocked in at 22.6 mph!😳 he also put up great numbers in the sec. He’s got long arms and great size. I like burks a lot. His size is a plus for me as complement to some of the smaller or pure speed guys we have. I’m not sure how long it will take him to develop & learn in our offense. He got a lot of yards as a gadget guy at Arkansas. And I haven’t seen him run a lot of routes to see how he is as a route runner. Have y’all seen any tape of him as a route runner? Can he be precise and can mahomes trust him? These questions are one reason I like jameson bc bama prepared their wrs well and you could see Jameson’s improvement as a route runner. Ohio state doesn’t have the track record of preparing route runners like bama does either. So, even though jameson may start later bc of the injury, I could see him coming on quicker in this offense with the training on routes at bama in combination with his athletic gifts.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 03-28-2022

WR landing spots in the 2022 NFL Draft, per @PFF_AustinGayle pic.twitter.com/tKkolsjF3O

— PFF (@PFF) March 28, 2022

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:19 AM 03-28-2022
I am fine with that. I also think we take 2 WRs in the draft.

Some combination of Watson, Pierce, Bell, Ezukanma, or Wan'Dale Robinson is fine with me.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:35 AM 03-28-2022
This gets me horny.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This gets me horny.
Yep. Lot's of names still left if those guys go off the board in that order.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. Lot's of names still left if those guys go off the board in that order.
If you click on it, they have Burks going to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If you click on it, they have Burks going to the Chiefs.
Yep. I kind of like it. I'm not super high on Burks like he should be a top 20 pick or anything but at 29 or 30, he makes a ton of sense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:47 AM 03-28-2022
The only question I have about Burks.....is the report that he ran a lot of his stuff out of the slot at Arkansas. Can he be the outside WR in this offense?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 03-28-2022
The only question I have about Burks.....is the report that he ran a lot of his stuff out of the slot at Arkansas. Can he be the outside WR in this offense?
He ran a lot of simplified route trees out of the slot two years ago, like to the tune of 80% of his snaps, according to the scouting reports.

That number was a lot lower last year. He worked outside as he got more familiar with the offense.

It seems like he's still very raw. He has some pretty elite physical traits though.

I like him at 29.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He ran a lot of simplified route trees out of the slot two years ago, like to the tune of 80% of his snaps, according to the scouting reports.

That number was a lot lower last year. He worked outside as he got more familiar with the offense.

It seems like he's still very raw. He has some pretty elite physical traits though.

I like him at 29.
I'd be fine with him at 29 or 30. There are guys that I would be just fine drafting without trading up. I just don't see the value in it.

Now if you can trade up to around 23-24 to get a guy like Johnson (doubtful) or Karlaftis (maybe)...then fine. But I'm only throwing a 4th round pick at it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 32
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up