ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 51
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 03-05-2020
@HBO: Look for the light.

@clmazin and @Neil_Druckmann to develop the series adaptation of #TheLastOfUs, coming soon to HBO: http://itsh.bo/thelastofus https://twitter.com/HBO/status/12356...572032/video/1

The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

MARCH 05, 2020 9:30AMby*Borys Kit, Patrick Shanley

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series*Chernobyl,*is reteaming with HBO adapt*The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Originally launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog’s*The Last of Us*garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post-apocalypse centered on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be a key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel,*The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, “Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and*The Last of Us*is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.”
“From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of*The Last of Us,” said Druckmann in a statement. “With*Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of*The Last of Us*to life as a television show.”
Last of Us*won numerous “game of the year” awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on the PlayStation 4.
“This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life,” stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
“This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions,” said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.*The Last of Us*is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it.”
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on*Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created*The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin’s*Chernobyl*tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA and a WGA Award.

Holy shit this is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:49 AM 03-05-2020
Daaaang dawg this is gonna be tizzite.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:00 PM 03-05-2020
Never played the first game. I assume it's worth a look?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:04 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One of the best games ive ever played.

I also never finished it because i don't have the patience. I've heard nothing but great things about the ending though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:35 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Go play it now. Easily a top 5 PS title.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:37 PM 03-05-2020
Never played the game before(not much of a gamer at all really) but I'm familiar with the premise which was cool. BTW, some of my buddies are literally obsessed with it (I remember them playing it a lot and there is a sequel to the game coming out so thats cool)
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:47 PM 03-05-2020
If you don’t want to actually sit down and play the game....you can always go on YouTube and just search for a Let’s Play and watch someone go through the game.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:51 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you don’t want to actually sit down and play the game....you can always go on YouTube and just search for a Let’s Play and watch someone go through the game.
Ha I've done that before and also smoked some good ass weed while watching one of my buddies play this. The game seems wild as hell and the graphics are out of this world (can't believe how far video games have come. I remember the days of just collecting coins and jumping on turtles! haha)

Could easily be a HUGE hit for HBO esp considering the talent backing this.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02:02 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Ha I've done that before and also smoked some good ass weed while watching one of my buddies play this. The game seems wild as hell and the graphics are out of this world (can't believe how far video games have come. I remember the days of just collecting coins and jumping on turtles! haha)

Could easily be a HUGE hit for HBO esp considering the talent backing this.
Have you seen gameplay footage of part 2? Looks unreal. The second half of this video, specifically.

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:12 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I actually tried to do this, since I don't have a Playstation. Started watching Christopher Odd's playthrough as I had liked some of his XCOM 2 series. I got a fair ways into it, but eventually quit watching. Was kinda captivating at first, but just kinda started dragging on after a while.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:45 PM 03-05-2020
Dammit, now I'm going to have to get HBO again.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:51 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I also never finished it because i don't have the patience. I've heard nothing but great things about the ending though.
I think I played pretty much nothing but Skyrim during the time this came out.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:41 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Love the first one and can't wait to play #2. Fantastic story telling...Naughty Dog is fantastic. I hope some others give it a chance or watch the game. Can't wait to see what HBO does.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:54 PM 02-10-2021
@Variety: ‘The Last of Us’ HBO Series Casts ‘Game of Thrones’ Breakout Bella Ramsey as*Ellie https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/the...ie-1234905508/
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:38 PM 02-10-2021
That’s an interesting choice.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 51
1 234511 > Last »
Up