ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 71
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:09 PM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So Marvel is delaying the introduction of Dr. Doom into the MCU. They have reportedly cut his post credit scene out of Wakanda Forever, and now they are talking about pushing him back even further.

Boo this organization.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/10/2...kanda-forever/

https://screenrant.com/fantastic-fou...-doom-updates/

Maybe they have other things to screw up first?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:26 PM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Maybe they have other things to screw up first?
Hopefully Rogue puts Danvers in a coma
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:44 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
There was a rumor that Marvel was interested in Henry Cavill to play Doom. I didn't put much stock in it at the time, but it could explain why Marvel would punt on Doom now, since Cavill is going back to DC.
They honestly need to just hire the best possible actor for that role. The person is behind a mask 2/3rds of the time anyway.

My votes: Bryan Cranston, or Javier Bardem
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:17 AM 11-02-2022
I'm wondering how much creative input Stan Lee had in the making of these movies. Shit has been terrible since he died.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:44 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm wondering how much creative input Stan Lee had in the making of these movies.
None, beyond what's taken from the comics. I know he had an executive producer credit on everything, but that was just contractual. He hadn't had any official role at Marvel since the 90s.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:31 PM 11-02-2022
Just don't have much use for this cinematic universe after Endgame, especially after they shifted so hard into shoehorning in a bunch of woke nonsense into virtually every scrap of media they produce. Hopefully DC can FINALLY get it's shit together and make some progress on their own cinematic universe without having to reboot the damn thing every other year.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:06 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
There was a rumor that Marvel was interested in Henry Cavill to play Doom. I didn't put much stock in it at the time, but it could explain why Marvel would punt on Doom now, since Cavill is going back to DC.
Liam Hemsworth as Dr. Doom confirmed now.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:01 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just don't have much use for this cinematic universe after Endgame, especially after they shifted so hard into shoehorning in a bunch of woke nonsense into virtually every scrap of media they produce. Hopefully DC can FINALLY get it's shit together and make some progress on their own cinematic universe without having to reboot the damn thing every other year.

Originally Posted by :
The big picture: “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” which premieres today, will be the first-ever Marvel movie with a Black woman lead.

From the beginning of the MCU in 2008, all the way through the release of “Black Panther” in 2018, every Marvel movie had a white man as its main character.
But “Black Panther” was a true tipping point: Eleven of the 16 Marvel movies released since then (setting aside ensemble casts) have had a woman or a person of color at the center.

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/10/mar...erse-diversity
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:45 AM 12-05-2022

RUMOR: #Deadpool3's plot will reportedly "heavily" involve #Loki's TVA! Details: https://t.co/NK6ShkrsBR pic.twitter.com/HAfRtkb2AD

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) December 5, 2022

RUMOR: #MarvelStudios is reportedly attempting to recruit "heavy hitter" #Marvel icons like Hugh Jackman & Tobey Maguire to appear in minor roles in AVENGERS: SECRET WARS! Details: https://t.co/otz8PTYZFH pic.twitter.com/YKo3w7Nqrx

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) December 4, 2022

[Reply]
cabletech94 07:55 AM 12-05-2022
^ooooooooooo.

I’m excited!! (If it’s done right)
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:23 PM 12-05-2022
Deadpool with Loki... I love it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:00 AM 12-07-2022
Where I am right now.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Avengers: Endgame
4. The Avengers
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
6. Black Panther
7. Thor: Ragnarok
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Thor
11. Iron Man
12. Spider-Man: No Way Home
13. Avengers: Ages of Ultron
14. Black Widow
15. Thor: Love and Thunder
16. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
17. Spider-Man: Homecoming
18. Eternals
19. Ant-Man
20. Captain Marvel
21. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
22. Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
23. Spider-Man: Far From Home
24. Doctor Strange
25. Iron Man 3
26. Captain America: The First Avenger
27. Ant-Man and the Wasp
28. Thor: The Dark World
29. Incredible Hulk
30. Iron Man 2
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:19 AM 12-07-2022
So now that four phases are done (at least according to Wikipedia), here's how I scored the movies out, imperfectly.

If you were my #1 movie, you got 30 points. If you were my #2 movie, you got 29 points, and so on. Iron Man 2, my #30 movie, got 1 point.

I totaled the points up for each phase and then divided them by the number of movies in that phrase (6 movies in P1, 6 in P2, 11 in P3, 8 in P4). Here's my results:

Phase 1: 12.67 points/film
Phase 2: 14.00
Phase 3: 18.73
Phase 4: 14.14

Observations: I loved Thor more than anybody else, and Iron Man was excellent, but Phase 1 (and the entire MCU) was really saved by The Avengers. It had some epic stinkers to start the MCU off.

Phase 3 was just an insane hot streak for any cinematic universe. Aside from GOTG2, Civil War, Black Panther, Ragnarok, all epic films, there were also both Infinity Wars movies, which were perhaps the most epic things ever put to screen.

I have Phase 4 ticked slightly above 2 as my second favorite phase. But oddly enough the highest rated P4 film I have was No Way Home at 12. The lowest rated P4 film I have is Multiverse of Madness at 22. I have P1, P2, and P3 films all rated lower than Multiverse of Madness. So while I do think that P4 has been strong, the reason people may feel blah about it is that they're all very same-y in quality.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:07 AM 12-07-2022
Phase 4 has just been terrible IMO. Only Spiderman:NWH was worth a shit.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:56 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Where I am right now.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Avengers: Endgame
4. The Avengers
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
6. Black Panther
7. Thor: Ragnarok
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Thor
11. Iron Man
12. Spider-Man: No Way Home
13. Avengers: Ages of Ultron
14. Black Widow
15. Thor: Love and Thunder
16. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
17. Spider-Man: Homecoming
18. Eternals
19. Ant-Man
20. Captain Marvel
21. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
22. Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
23. Spider-Man: Far From Home
24. Doctor Strange
25. Iron Man 3
26. Captain America: The First Avenger
27. Ant-Man and the Wasp
28. Thor: The Dark World
29. Incredible Hulk
30. Iron Man 2
Love & Thunder was the only one where at points I was seriously thinking 'why am I wasting my time watching this shit?'
[Reply]
Page 49 of 71
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up