ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 266 of 324
« First < 166216256262263264265266 267268269270276316 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:22 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
We’ll see about that. KC had a garbage defense even with Mahomes on his rookie deal. Other front offices do a better job building the defensive side of the ball.
Big part of the difference is Cincy and Buffalo got Hendrickson and Miller at DE, we got Clark. Complete failure in that one aspect. A single pass rusher as good as one of those two makes a night and day difference on defense. Unfortunately I have zero faith in them finding one. Karlaftis will probably top out as a 7-8 sack a year kind of player. Fine for a #2 strongside DE type, but they need their #1 DE.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:25 AM 12-05-2022
I really thought we’d be better than this because we wouldn’t be giving so many snaps to nieman, sorensen and hitchens.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:28 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Reid and Thornhill have been utter garbage all season. Our safety play has me yearning for the days of HB and Dirty Dan.

Hell, Dan had a lot of problems but at least he made some big goddamn plays once in a while. Reid and Juan have been invisible, aside from when they're getting worked by someone, which is quite often.
Justin Reid has been a big disappointment
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 12-05-2022
Reid doesn't tackle worth a shit.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 08:46 AM 12-05-2022
People love some bottom or middle of the pack defense on here. Believe me, your not going to see opposing quarterbacks throwing I-pads or Google pads on the sidelines out of frustration from Spags defense. He’s not fooling anyone or especially the Bengals with his concepts. Dude was unemployed for a reason when we picked him up.
[Reply]
-King- 08:48 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Reid doesn't tackle worth a shit.
We only have two sure tackles in our back 7... Bolton and Sneed. Everyone else is hit or miss.

Thornhill and Reid were missing tackles yesterday at a ridiculous level.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:05 PM 12-05-2022
Yeah this isn’t coaching. This is the players fault. Literally being put in position to make plays and just being a gigantic pussy

Blocked by a fuckin TE :-)

The Bengals have been so diverse/creative in the run game lately!!

Wham/trap concept has the LBs moving with the guards opposite of the RB alignment to create better angles at the second level and Sam Perine hits the hole opposite of flow. pic.twitter.com/RypXkDPLQX

— Austin Gayle (@austingayle_) December 6, 2022

Getting demolished up front. Wtf is Bolton doing waiting for contact? Fucking attack!

Look at the movement the RG and RT get on this double team. My goodness. pic.twitter.com/lpaRSXGPEw

— Robert Mays (@robertmays) December 5, 2022

What the fuck is he doing?!

Watch Nick Bolton pic.twitter.com/JcBcBV2Igb

— Nate Christensen (@natech32) December 6, 2022

The pussy just stops bc he’s terrified even though the defense was set up perfectly.

The Ja'Marr Chase difference. @Real10jayy__

📺: #KCvsCIN on CBS
📱: Stream on NFL+ https://t.co/KRUwj1CkWe pic.twitter.com/30wfEzzUOM

— NFL (@NFL) December 5, 2022

Oh and my favorite.

Perine dribbles Justin Reid like a basketball pic.twitter.com/MaFT6H1IQc

— Tino Bovenzi (@TinoBovenzi) December 4, 2022

Our defense was composed of a bunch of scared labia’s in this game. FFS
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:23 PM 12-05-2022
I'm ready to get rid of Chris Jones. Take whatever money you were going to pay him and get the best DE you can and then get some average interior guys.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:26 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I'm ready to get rid of Chris Jones. Take whatever money you were going to pay him and get the best DE you can and then get some average interior guys.
The last time Veach got his guy at DE it was Frank Clark.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:28 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah this isn’t coaching. This is the players fault. Literally being put in position to make plays and just being a gigantic pussy

Blocked by a fuckin TE :-)

Getting demolished up front. Wtf is Bolton doing waiting for contact? Fucking attack!

What the fuck is he doing?!

The pussy just stops bc he’s terrified even though the defense was set up perfectly.

Oh and my favorite.

Our defense was composed of a bunch of scared labia’s in this game. FFS
Surprised by Bolton though. Usually he is a beast.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:28 PM 12-05-2022
I wonder what we could trade Jones for? Let him work out a deal with a new team that he wants to go to, like Hill did. He wants a new deal so he'd be motivated to work something out.

Otherwise let him play another contract year - which seems to motivate him. Then I guess you have to let him walk.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:40 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The last time Veach got his guy at DE it was Frank Clark.
So, we just give up and don't try again
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:55 PM 12-05-2022
Bolton usually plays downhill, attacking. He was passive yesterday. I’m not sure why.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:57 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
So, we just give up and don't try again
No. But it illustrates the risk of literally giving up our best defensive player with no clear alternative to fall back on.

Jones was instrumental in several of our one possession wins this year. Replace him with a DE who underperforms for a 100m salary and we'll see what a truly bad defense is like.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:01 AM 12-06-2022
Spags is a tough to access because on the one hand he's a DC who has won two superbowls and he hasn't had the greatest collection of talent in KC to work with. But on the other hand his defenses perform in spurts. They'll have a purple patch every year where they look decent but against top oppostion reality sets in. With the coming schedule the defense should be looking to finish strong and get a top 15 ranking and around 19-20 ppg given up. But everything will come down to the playoffs and how Spags performs. We reach another SB he won't be in danger..but if the defense fails then Andy and Veach would be a foolish if they didn't consider getting Fangio and pouring tons of assets into finally building a top defense for Pat.
[Reply]
Page 266 of 324
« First < 166216256262263264265266 267268269270276316 > Last »
Up