ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 265 of 324
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275315 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:15 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
I believe Spags contract is up after the season. Vic produces a top five defense where ever he goes. If the Chiefs want to be Truly dominant and feared, he’s the guy IMO.
Does prime Khalil Mack, Von Miller, or healthy Bradley Chubb come with him?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:35 AM 12-05-2022
Fangio would be amazing. But until spags blows a playoff game, it’s unfair to toss him aside. The offense has lost us our 2 playoff games under spags, not the defense. Our Defense has actually been pretty decent in the playoffs.
[Reply]
notorious 07:38 AM 12-05-2022
I 100% think we hold back in games like this and save the good stuff for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:41 AM 12-05-2022
Spags literally threw everything but the kitchen sink at Burrow; but the bottom line is you have to be able to get consistent pressure with your front four or he'll eat you alive.

I don't know what you guys think he could've done differently. SHUTE DOWN CHASE! Yeah, good luck with that-especially when the refs allow Chase to push off every play.

You guys are showing your ignorance. We've got Jones, a rookie, and mostly nothing at DL. That's the problem.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:43 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
I 100% think we hold back in games like this and save the good stuff for the playoffs.
I'm not sure we held anything back against the Bengals, we wanted that one badly and should have.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:45 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Spags literally threw everything but the kitchen sink at Burrow; but the bottom line is you have to be able to get consistent pressure with your front four or he'll eat you alive.

I don't know what you guys think he could've done differently. SHUTE DOWN CHASE! Yeah, good luck with that-especially when the refs allow Chase to push off every play.

You guys are showing your ignorance. We've got Jones, a rookie, and mostly nothing at DL. That's the problem.
And the secondary isn’t good enough. Some of that is youth with rookies, but veterans like Reid & Thornhill struggle as well. Bad combination across the board.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:47 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And the secondary isn’t good enough. Some of that is youth with rookies, but veterans like Reid & Thornhill struggle as well. Bad combination across the board.
If you can't pressure Burrow with four, he's going to make you look bad, period.

It's really that simple.

Players have to make plays, and our front four can't. They doubled Jones and nobody else could win 1 on 1.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:48 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

There’s clearly someone to blame. If you put the blame on Veach for doing a shit job at building the lines people will continue to deflect.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:53 AM 12-05-2022
Reid and Thornhill have been utter garbage all season. Our safety play has me yearning for the days of HB and Dirty Dan.

Hell, Dan had a lot of problems but at least he made some big goddamn plays once in a while. Reid and Juan have been invisible, aside from when they're getting worked by someone, which is quite often.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:54 AM 12-05-2022
Pretty impressive work by Spags considering Chris Jones decided to take the day off.

Their best showed up. Ours didn’t
[Reply]
notorious 07:54 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Reid and Thornhill have been utter garbage all season. Our safety play has me yearning for the days of HB and Dirty Dan.

Hell, Dan had a lot of problems but at least he made some big goddamn plays once in a while. Reid and Juan have been invisible, aside from when they're getting worked by someone, which is quite often.
Dude.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:58 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
There’s clearly someone to blame. If you put the blame on Veach for doing a shit job at building the lines people will continue to deflect.
Coach Reid and Spags both have input with Veach. All 3 of them thought Frank Clark was a good move. They also have not found strong pass rushers in the Draft the last few years, which isn’t surprising when they are drafting at the end of each round.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:59 AM 12-05-2022
Coach Reid and Spags both have input with Veach. All 3 of them thought Frank Clark was a good move. They also have not found strong pass rushers in the Draft the last few years, which isn’t surprising when they are drafting at the end of each round.
The Chiefs biggest challenge will always be teams with QB’s on rookie contracts.
[Reply]
-King- 07:59 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
No they don't. Would be stupid too.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:01 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs biggest challenge will always be teams with QB’s on rookie contracts.
We’ll see about that. KC had a garbage defense even with Mahomes on his rookie deal. Other front offices do a better job building the defensive side of the ball.
[Reply]
Page 265 of 324
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275315 > Last »
Up