ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>A Few Hip-Hop Artists
KurtCobain 11:17 AM 08-01-2015
There's a few specific Hip-Hop artists I've been listening to in the past few weeks, and I was hoping to get some opinions on them here. If you're familiar with the artist it would be cool if you'd share your top ten songs by them, and maybe an interesting tidbit about them and possibly some underground or rare songs I may not have heard.

Rittz
Stevie Stone
Machine Gun Kelly
A - Wax
Kendrick Lamar
Jon Young

Also, who are you guys listening to right now?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:22 AM 08-01-2015
It seems the hip hop world has been focusing on the Drake vs. Meek Mill beef.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:33 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It seems the hip hop world has been focusing on the Drake vs. Meek Mill beef.
Not a fan of either.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:52 AM 08-01-2015
Drake and J.Cole are the only two guys consistently putting out music right now that I make it a point to listen to.

Kanye is hit-or-miss, Lil Wayne fell off, Kendrick is a weirdo. Guys like Eminem, Andre 3000, Jay-Z, Ludacris, Nas aren't putting out music frequently enough to be on the radar. No one else is really worth mentioning..

I was listening to that Dirty Sprite recently though to get my hood shit fix. "I just fucked yo' bitch in some Gucci flip flops"

[Reply]
NewChief 12:11 PM 08-01-2015
I've been listening to Future, Asap Rocky, kendrick. Haven't really been in a huge rap mood lately.

Oh. And Chance the Rapper. A ton.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 12:25 PM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I've been listening to Future, Asap Rocky, kendrick. Haven't really been in a huge rap mood lately.

What's your top Kendrick songs?
[Reply]
NewChief 12:44 PM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
What's your top Kendrick songs?
King Kunta is probably my favorite off TPAB.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 12:48 PM 08-01-2015
King Kunta is probably my favorite off TPAB.
I agree.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:54 PM 08-01-2015
Drake and J.Cole are the only two guys consistently putting out music right now that I make it a point to listen to.

Kanye is hit-or-miss, Lil Wayne fell off, Kendrick is a weirdo. Guys like Eminem, Andre 3000, Jay-Z, Ludacris, Nas aren't putting out music frequently enough to be on the radar. No one else is really worth mentioning..

I was listening to that Dirty Sprite recently though to get my hood shit fix. "I just fucked yo' bitch in some Gucci flip flops"

Kendrick may be a weirdo, but the dude is talented.

I prefer him as a guest on other people's tracks, but his albums have been decent.

Drake is too cheesy for me.

Lil Wayne has been garbage since the first or second Carter album.

J. Cole I really wanna like, but I just get bored listening to him. Not sure what my problem is.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:55 PM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
There's a few specific Hip-Hop artists I've been listening to in the past few weeks, and I was hoping to get some opinions on them here. If you're familiar with the artist it would be cool if you'd share your top ten songs by them, and maybe an interesting tidbit about them and possibly some underground or rare songs I may not have heard.

Rittz
Stevie Stone
Machine Gun Kelly
A - Wax
Kendrick Lamar
Jon Young

Also, who are you guys listening to right now?
Ritz is dope.

I like Kendrick.

Everyone has recommended Machine Gun Kelly to me based off my love for Bone Thugs. I just can't get into him though.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:57 PM 08-01-2015

Asap Rocky is hit or miss for me. The Lord Pretty Flacko Jordye 2 track is my anthem right now though.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:02 PM 08-01-2015
You guys being KC guys, I guess I don't have to preach my Tech N9ne preach. I'm still gonna say this though, his last two albums are just wonderful. I know a lot of folks prefer his old stuff, but I think he's a far more complete artist now than he's ever been. And the dude puts on a great concert.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:44 PM 08-01-2015
Kendrick is talented; I just can't do a whole album that.. "eccentric".

I used to think Cole was boring as shit and I could see how some may still think so. Forest Hills Drive was my shit, though. If you haven't heard that just give it one solid play through. Maybe it will change your mind about lil ol' Jermaine.
[Reply]
-King- 08:58 PM 08-01-2015
Favorite two albums this year have been Asap Rocky and Wale. I never thought I'd like Wale again after he fell off in 2011 but his album was surprisingly good.

Biggest Kendrick fan, but TPAB was the worst of his 4 albums. I'm a fan of rappers rapping (Drake gets an exception because I do like his singing songs for the most part). I wish TPAB was more like GKMC or Section 80.
[Reply]
-King- 09:00 PM 08-01-2015
Kendrick is talented; I just can't do a whole album that.. "eccentric".

I used to think Cole was boring as shit and I could see how some may still think so. Forest Hills Drive was my shit, though. If you haven't heard that just give it one solid play through. Maybe it will change your mind about lil ol' Jermaine.
His albums have trended downward IMO. His first was his best and his last his worst. There are still plenty of good songs on Forest Hills Drive, but for a top 3 or 4 active rapper, I need more. He still has lines that make me cringe because of how shitty they are.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up