ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do YOU play World of Warcraft?
Yes, I play WoW 41 35.96%
No, I do not play WoW 70 61.40%
WTF is WoW 3 2.63%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>World of Warcraft
God of Thunder 03:04 AM 01-26-2009
So........its 3am..........and I am curious..........who here plays World of Warcraft?

poll coming!
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:43 PM 07-08-2014
I am on Blades Edge and they merged it with Thunder horn. It's definitely alliance heavy so I don't think it's as dead on that side. I might just pick 1 of my toons and faction change instead of multiple server transfers.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:48 PM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I am on Blades Edge and they merged it with Thunder horn. It's definitely alliance heavy so I don't think it's as dead on that side. I might just pick 1 of my toons and faction change instead of multiple server transfers.
Or just use your free 90 level boost on a Horde toon on another server.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:55 PM 07-08-2014
Destromath server is 60/40 Horde and is a medium pvp server. And yes, during BC and WOTLK it was booming, and even during the beginning of Cataclysm. Last time I was on, it was dead as shit. It was almost sad in a way. Like going back to the booming hangout spot from high school years later only to find a ghost town.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:31 PM 07-08-2014
i played mug thol in vanilla :P

I dont see any reason to play this game now.. last subbed at the luanch of cataclysm, leveld a lock to 85 in the 'new' world and pretty much quit.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:14 PM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by hometeam:
i played mug thol in vanilla :P

I dont see any reason to play this game now.. last subbed at the luanch of cataclysm, leveld a lock to 85 in the 'new' world and pretty much quit.
I have a reason to play. Nostalgia. Which means I'm gonna subscribe, log in, head out to rape some skeletons in the Western Plaguelands and realize nobody I know still plays the game and the server is almost dead. Then unsubscribe.
[Reply]
Pants 09:17 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I have a reason to play. Nostalgia. Which means I'm gonna subscribe, log in, head out to rape some skeletons in the Western Plaguelands and realize nobody I know still plays the game and the server is almost dead. Then unsubscribe.
WoW nostalgia is a surprisingly strong feeling. At least it is for me.

That game was an incredibly awesome experience for a while there.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:09 PM 07-09-2014
I gave it a try after quitting for quite a while. My old guild has two active players.

[Reply]
Silock 11:13 PM 07-09-2014
I would only want a vanilla WoW experience. Neverending AV, and a cap of 60. That's when the game was the most fun for me.
[Reply]
God of Thunder 09:02 AM 07-10-2014
I would cream my pants if they returned it to what it once was. You used to have to READ the quests and FIND the endpoint. Everything had a meaning. Now it's just run as quick as you can to point B.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:52 AM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by Pants:
WoW nostalgia is a surprisingly strong feeling. At least it is for me.

That game was an incredibly awesome experience for a while there.
It was for me too. I took a loong hiatus and they sucked me back in with their "free level 20" promotion. I decided to make a toon for nostalgia and see the old Undead questing zones.....yeah well....it caused me to re-activate my account and they've been taking my money for the last year and a half. Even my wife is into it now. She's raiding Heroic 25man lol.
[Reply]
Pants 08:23 PM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
I would only want a vanilla WoW experience. Neverending AV, and a cap of 60. That's when the game was the most fun for me.
Fucking Alterac Valley, man... Brings back memories.

I remember old school PVP, dueling outside of IF waiting for the ques to pop and grinding for those ranks. To this day, I have no idea how people got to Grand Marshall. I was always impressed and almost in awe by the amount of time they were willing to sacrifice to get that GM.

Personally, I feel like the golden age of WoW was when BWL became farm status for most decent guilds and then AQ opened up with that sweet, sweet, laggy world event. Good times.
[Reply]
Pants 08:25 PM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It was for me too. I took a loong hiatus and they sucked me back in with their "free level 20" promotion. I decided to make a toon for nostalgia and see the old Undead questing zones.....yeah well....it caused me to re-activate my account and they've been taking my money for the last year and a half. Even my wife is into it now. She's raiding Heroic 25man lol.
I don't blame you at all, bro. I bet that would happen to a lot of people. I know it would happen to me if I went back.
[Reply]
Silock 08:40 PM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by Pants:
Fucking Alterac Valley, man... Brings back memories.

I remember old school PVP, dueling outside of IF waiting for the ques to pop and grinding for those ranks. To this day, I have no idea how people got to Grand Marshall. I was always impressed and almost in awe by the amount of time they were willing to sacrifice to get that GM.

Personally, I feel like the golden age of WoW was when BWL became farm status for most decent guilds and then AQ opened up with that sweet, sweet, laggy world event. Good times.
Yup. It hasn't been the same since.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:52 PM 07-10-2014
I was always fond of Arathi Basin. Each flag has it's own method of attack/defense and you can see a lot of the BG at once. Back when you could still do hybrid specs I had an AFF/dem Lock that was ridiculous.
[Reply]
Pants 09:09 PM 07-10-2014
Since we are reminiscing...

And by slowly, I mean FUCKING slow!

[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up