ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>A Levelheaded review
DenverChief 07:22 PM 12-04-2022
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:18 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
A great breakdown of the game and how the Bengals abused our Defense - we played Zone most of the game to slow down their passing attack and it worked for the most part BUT that is not how our Defense is built - we are built for man coverage schemes. Jamaar Chase is just too good for our Man Defense scheme (see our Regular season game last year when he had 200+ yards and 3 TDs).

Almost all of the snaps in this breakdown is a 4 man rush, there was one LB blitz on the Chase 30+ yard catch (Williams I believe). We were playing the odds (drop 7) and flood the routes. Like I said earlier it worked for the most part - a little tighter on the tackling and not turning the ball over and we win this game.

Yeah, the idea that you're just going to shut Burrow down with those weapons is stupid. They're going to get yards, and they're going to score points. The ONLY way to stop that is to sack him fast. And we just don't have the front four to do that.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:52 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, the idea that you're just going to shut Burrow down with those weapons is stupid. They're going to get yards, and they're going to score points. The ONLY way to stop that is to sack him fast. And we just don't have the front four to do that.
I don't think the idea is to stop him (or shut him down) but rather slow him down kind of like how they play Pat. I don't know many 4 man fronts that win consistently against 5/6 man blocking
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:53 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
All we have to do.

Is not turn it over.

-3 in Cincy is not indicative of a team that is monstrously better than us.
exactly
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:39 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I don't think the idea is to stop him (or shut him down) but rather slow him down kind of like how they play Pat. I don't know many 4 man fronts that win consistently against 5/6 man blocking
The Bengals 3 and 4-man fronts did just fine.

We suck on both lines.
[Reply]
DenverChief 12:33 PM 12-07-2022
[QUOTE=htismaqe;16651758]The Bengals 3 and 4-man fronts did just fine.

I would agree that OB needs Thuney and Niang is a major upgrade over Allegretti - but most of our pressure comes from blitzes. We didn't blitz him for obvious reasons. Frank Clark has not impressed this year but I'm not sold that means that Jones/Karlaftis/Saunders "suck".
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up