ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Some things about The Bengals game...
Chris Meck 06:45 PM 12-04-2022
Boy that smarts. Can y'all stop calling them frauds now? They've beaten us three times in 13 months.

1. The pass rush was inexcusable. They doubled Jones all game and nobody else could get home. That's a recipe for disaster against Burrow, who, in my estimation is QB2 in the NFL. Yes, I'd absolutely take him over Josh Allen.

2. Chase looked like the same old Chase to me. He's pretty much a cheat code, especially if he's allowed to push off every down.

3. Kelce's fumble was a killer. He's won plenty of games for us with his heroics, so let's not belabor the fact, but that was a really bad moment.

4. I know everyone is frustrated with the defense, but for the most part it was poor execution, not schematic-especially in the second half. Coordinators coordinate, coaches coach, but players have to make plays. They didn't make enough of them. Period.

5. Wylie blows goats.

6. OBJ sure didn't help his case today.

7. We sure missed Thuney in there. I would think that the main reason they're still trotting out Wylie is that they don't want to have TWO new OL in there.

8. Mahomes just flat missed Mckinnon in the flat. Easy first down. I would not trade Mahomes for anything, but it is frustrating that he has this tendency. Just take the easy yards, man!

9. I love Pacheco. That's it. Just wanted to say that. We should have stuck with the run. It was working.

10. The silver lining? Well, it's a well worn saying that you learn more from failure than success. The Chiefs had plenty of opportunities to win this one; make any one of half a dozen 'oops' plays and they do. But perhaps this loss underlines some ongoing issues, and will usher in some changes. I'd rather lose this one now, if it makes them better later on.

Did I mention that Wylie blows goats?
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:06 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hope we play them again. Offense will be significantly harder to stop when Thuney, Hardman and Toney are all back
No.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 12-06-2022
I think an issue we have with the DL is we have too many specialized types up there. We have guys to play the run and guys to rush the passer but not guys that can really do both, other than Jones.

Danna against the run just tends to get washed out, but he can rush better than most we've got.

I think they need to get Williams up and ready to go and plug him in up there and stop the run firts.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 08:18 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wonder if there’s truth to some of our guys not feeling 100%. There were rumors kelce was sick, clark was almost a no go, juju was sick earlier in the week. Not making excuses but maybe there’s reason to be optimistic that we’re better than what we showed. You’d have to imagine mahomes had a little distracting of a week as well having had a baby earlier in the week
I said this. A lot of the teams body language was off. Guys were just casually walking off the field between plays. DL got stonewalled continuously. Defense gave up more YAC than usual.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:21 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think an issue we have with the DL is we have too many specialized types up there. We have guys to play the run and guys to rush the passer but not guys that can really do both, other than Jones.

Danna against the run just tends to get washed out, but he can rush better than most we've got.

I think they need to get Williams up and ready to go and plug him in up there and stop the run firts.
It certainly seems like he would've helped on Sunday.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 12-06-2022
I understand they're proclivity to want to stop the pass, but you just can't get ran on like we did and expect to stop anyone.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:27 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
As far as the Kelce fumble, two things.

1) why don't we see the Chiefs defenders ganging up and trying to strip the ball?
They already bounced off and fell down.

Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
2) was Kelce fighting for extra yards or was he being held up while they tried to strip the ball?
Both. At first he was fighting for yards, but when he was stripped he was trying to go down but being held up.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 12-06-2022
Allegretti struggled more on second watch than I thought
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:54 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Allegretti struggled more on second watch than I thought
Yeah, I posted in the game thread that I was a pretty big Stan for Allegretti because he's cheap and versatile but he was getting fucking destroyed out there. We really missed Thuney.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:01 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
They already bounced off and fell down.

Both. At first he was fighting for yards, but when he was stripped he was trying to go down but being held up.
DINGDINGDING. We have a winner. Thank you for being observant. Your prize is in the mail!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up