ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Chris Jones and the cap
Direckshun 08:37 AM 11-28-2022
I posted this in another thread. But I figured it makes the most sense in this forum where we get into the nitty gritty a bit more:
I know I'm talking about Brett Veach here, and the cap magic Veach has performed over the years has been nothing short of innovative.

That being said, they're on the verge of extending Chris Jones this offseason. Aaron Donald rakes in $31m/year, and it would shock me if they locked down Chris Jones for less than $28m/year. Honestly Jones may ask to reset the market.

If that's the case, I don't know how you reset the market with Orlando Brown. He either has to come down, or you risk him sitting out when you tag him again.

Tagging him would be the best scenario, if he agrees to play: it would be the cheapest option, and (a.) you could draft a stud tackle in the 1st this year and Eric Fisher him, by letting the established vet man LT for a year while the RT gets acclimated, or (b.) you could extend Brown in the 2024 offseason, allowing you to stagger some of those massive cap hits between him and Jones.

The odds that you sign both of those guys this offseason, and have their big cap hits crash in simultaneously, doesn't seem tenable.
Thoughts?

If Chris Jones asks to reset the market at $32m/year, do you take the deal?
[Reply]
Stryker 09:05 PM 11-30-2022
Pay the man!
[Reply]
Bump 09:26 PM 11-30-2022
not Aaron Donald money but a 4 year $100m would be good

he's been so good for us and he hasn't declined and this is one of his best seasons. Not every season was 10+ sacks but he still was a problem for offenses and his ability to bat balls at the line of scrimmage is another elite ability he has. PAY HIM
[Reply]
tyecopeland 10:52 AM 12-01-2022
If we let Jones go we better get multiple guaranteed studs at edge rushing. He covers a ton of problems we'd have otherwise.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up