View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 343 of 343
« First < 243293333339340341342343
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:06 AM 03-16-2023
Taylor dominated Joey Bosa to the point he was frothing mad and got himself ejected from their playoff game. Not to mention how instrumental he was in that 27 point comeback. Dude put up elite numbers with just one season of quality coaching from Pederson instead of dregs like Marrone and Meyer. Imagine what Reid can accomplish with him.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:12 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
One that he should have signed in KC, So whiy didn't he? How did so much bad blood develop?
Or Veach decided he didn't want the guy and we need to move on?
Because he needed the market to set his value. Before that he thought he was more valuable than he was. Then reality set in and had he tried to go back to KC he wouldn't have received the original amount from Veach. Veach would have given him something similar to Cincinnati. I doubt Brown Jr's. pride would have allowed for that.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:19 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I would answer that there's every reason to believe this plan will work. Taylor is vastly superior athletically; he's the exact opposite of Brown. He's gotten better each season, and is still 25. Quick feet, good technique. Other than some sort of catastrophic injury, the WORST case scenario is that he can't adjust to opposite movement, so you move him back to RT and have to figure out LT-and in that case, you slightly overpaid. Much more likely, you've solved LT with a guy who's skillset actually matches your offense at a decent deal for the next few seasons.

You guys are going to have to get used to this. We're paying Mahomes 23% of our cap, which means we're going to have to take swings on potential and hit on them to keep pace.

This is a high floor, high ceiling signing. The floor is a good RT that's young and still getting better. The ceiling is that you've solved your LT situation for half a decade.There are projectable traits here, and we're going to have to trust Veach, Reid, and Heck.
For the first bolded part, that's the reality that all teams who have a franchise QB not on a rookie contract have to deal with. Thankfully we have the best in the business, so dealing with it is easier.

For the second part, Andy knows OLines and I think at this point Veach, Heck (to a point), and Andy have earned the benefit of the doubt.

We didn't just lose Roaf in his prime here. When we cut Fisher everyone freaked out until we got Brown Jr. and even then many were unhappy. While he was better than nothing he was far from elite. Despite that KC hosted two AFCCGs and won a SB with him. I think they will be fine with Taylor after the initial shock wears off.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:29 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Took a deal that was 15-20% lower salary than the Chiefs offered.
Hes such a stupid fat fuck. Now Bengals get a massive bargain.

One thing sbout OBJ is he's not a very hard worker. He came into the NFL draft fat and wasn't strong. Wasn't working out hard. Makes me wonder how he will be now that he got paid. I can't wait to see him whiffing on our shitty edge rushers and sacking Burrow 8 times in a game.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:41 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I would answer that there's every reason to believe this plan will work. Taylor is vastly superior athletically; he's the literal exact opposite of Brown. He's gotten better each season, and is still 25. Quick feet, good technique. Other than some sort of catastrophic injury, the WORST case scenario is that he can't adjust to opposite movement, so you move him back to RT and have to figure out LT-and in that case, you slightly overpaid. Much more likely, you've solved LT with a guy who's skillset actually matches your offense at a decent deal for the next few seasons.

You guys are going to have to get used to this. We're paying Mahomes 23% of our cap, which means we're going to have to take swings on potential and hit on them to keep pace.

This is a high floor, high ceiling signing. The floor is a good RT that's young and still getting better. The ceiling is that you've solved your LT situation for half a decade.
I agree on the worst case scenario, I mentioned this somewhere else. Obviously there are other potential impacts if we e.g. draft a RT and we're kinda stuck with 2. But it's hardly terminal.

Taylor is more athletic, he is absolute powder puff in the run game. Obviously, far less of a concern, but you really aren't doing a change up with him. My point is that, sure, maybe Taylor has a higher upside in the sense that we have no idea what he'll be at LT, but his floor there could be much lower. If Brown had got his $23m per year from the Bengals I'd probably be less annoyed
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hes such a stupid fat fuck. Now Bengals get a massive bargain.
their fans aren't gonna think so about 4 weeks into the regular season
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:45 AM 03-16-2023
now OBJ truthers are on twitter trying to convince the kingdom that the chiefs were going to rip up the deal they offered after three years

:-)

really? 5 for 95 with the cap getting bigger and the price for a left tackle undoubtedly going up...you think they're ripping that deal up after year three?

this fat bitchy high maintenance drama queen getting white knighted is the absolute worst
[Reply]
Lzen 10:02 AM 03-16-2023
Just came across this. If already posted, apologies. I thought this was interesting. I'm sure some of you probably were already aware but many like me had no idea.

https://youtube.com/shorts/d7vMoEQ9BJk?feature=share
[Reply]
Page 343 of 343
« First < 243293333339340341342343
Up