ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Buying a PS5/XSX
Third Eye 04:36 PM 12-06-2021
I recently decided to update our electronics. Bought a OLED tv, a receiver that could pass through 4K/120Hz, and some other odds and ends. Final piece of the puzzle is an Xbox Series X. I had heard stories about how hard it was to get a PS5 or XSX, but I'm now experiencing it for myself.

For those of you out there who have landed one recently (at MSRP, not secondary), what worked for you? I've currently got tabs for a few retailers open that I check periodically through the day while I'm working. I also have a few Twitter accounts that post live updates on restocks. I really don't value it enough to pay for the subscription services that many of the retailers are charging for the opportunity though I may try 1 month of Walmart+ for $13 as I've heard a number of folks have had success there. Best Buy and their $200 Total Tech subscription can get fucked though.

It's probably best to wait until after the holidays, but I'm doing all of this updating now and I'd like to get it figured out if possible.
[Reply]
srvy 06:08 PM 03-17-2022
If you're still looking for an XBOX X Walmart right now no problem plus free ship 500.0

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Seri...mpaign_id=9383
[Reply]
Bump 02:15 AM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Got an invite from Sony to buy one tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.
I got an invite 2 days ago. But they sent it 3 hours after it started so they were already sold out by the time they sent me the email...

What is the deal with this bullshit and companies not being able to make enough of things to sell now? It's been a year and a half and you still can't find them to purchase. Chip shortage? What's the deal with this?
[Reply]
Indian Chief 06:22 AM 03-18-2022
Yeah it's the chips unfortunately. Consoles, GPUs, cars. All of it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 AM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Yeah it's the chips unfortunately. Consoles, GPUs, cars. All of it.
We've got carrier-class fulfillment contracts that have lead times of 6-8 months now. Anything that is computerized at all is in short supply because of the silicon issue.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up