ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
smithandrew051 10:12 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think he was more of a pick for the future, similar to Moore. He's gonna replace Thornhill next year as the starter.

I didn't like it at first, I'm not a fan of 2nd rounders on positions they aren't going to majorly contribute early from a contractual standpoint, but I've softened alot on it. It makes alot of sense.
Kinda reminded me of picking Bolton a year early to replace Hitchens.

If he’s a similar upgrade over Thornhill, then this is a great pick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:00 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think he was more of a pick for the future, similar to Moore. He's gonna replace Thornhill next year as the starter.

I didn't like it at first, I'm not a fan of 2nd rounders on positions they aren't going to majorly contribute early from a contractual standpoint, but I've softened alot on it. It makes alot of sense.
I mean, he's clearly contributing RIGHT NOW and is playing well.

I still don't get the hate for this pick. At all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:13 AM 11-23-2022
What makes anyone think that Cook is a Thornhill replacement? Cook isn't a single high safety at all. He was drafted to replace Thornhill.
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What makes anyone think that Cook is a Thornhill replacement? Cook isn't a single high safety at all. He was drafted to replace Thornhill.
When Thornhill got hurt, Cook immediately went to that spot. Seems like that would be an indication.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:52 AM 11-25-2022
I expect Cook to have a game this Sunday.

That is a scrambling quarterback that is going get Cooked.

Thornhill is going be limited so i expect to see Cook a lot and just may take over that spot and keep it. Sucks for Thornhill but we drafted Cook for a reason.
[Reply]
scho63 09:46 AM 11-25-2022
Thornhill is to the defense like Hardman has been to the offense.

Both guys have severely underperformed so far.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:03 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Thornhill is to the defense like Hardman has been to the offense.

Both guys have severely underperformed so far.
Thornhill’s game was never quite the same after his ACL tear.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:19 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Thornhill’s game was never quite the same after his ACL tear.
I haven't enjoyed watching him not tackle dudes. Cook, assuming the concussion stuff isn't terribly serious, will mix it up.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:07 AM 11-25-2022
Hopefully Cook steals the starting role and never relinquishes it. I don't see Thornhill getting resigned. At least I hope he doesn't.

KC's in good standing in terms of FAs next season. The FAs are basically all guys that no one would miss, outside of Smith-Schuster and maybe Orlando Brown. And personally I'd prefer to let Brown walk, but I imagine they'll sign him because they don't want to find themselves scrambling to find a decent LT.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:14 AM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Hopefully Cook steals the starting role and never relinquishes it. I don't see Thornhill getting resigned. At least I hope he doesn't.

KC's in good standing in terms of FAs next season. The FAs are basically all guys that no one would miss, outside of Smith-Schuster and maybe Orlando Brown. And personally I'd prefer to let Brown walk, but I imagine they'll sign him because they don't want to find themselves scrambling to find a decent LT.

If Thornhill wants to come back on a value contract, sure.

If not Cook takes his spot.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:27 AM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If Thornhill wants to come back on a value contract, sure.

If not Cook takes his spot.
Agree.

I wouldn’t blame him for a second if he got overpaid by some bad team and he took the money instead of playing here for less.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:29 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Brown monumentally fucked himself turning down Veach's exceptionally generous offer. Bet on himself, and has not looked good.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:14 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Brown monumentally ****ed himself turning down Veach's exceptionally generous offer. Bet on himself, and has not looked good.
Brown will likely get a very similar offer. He's been outstanding the past 3-4 weeks and has gotten better all season.

Do you actually watch the games?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:54 PM 11-25-2022
Pacheco & Brown "should" be a really good pairing
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:04 PM 11-25-2022
I don’t believe Thornhill will draw much interest in free agency, but even in that case I’m not sure the Chiefs will even offer him a deal. He has been completely irrelevant.

You give Cook the job at this point just to see if he can better. Juan’s injury must have ruined his ceiling, which is sad, because it was once very high.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up