ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 37
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
srvy 06:12 AM 11-22-2019
Not a working man's truck. Does it come with a ladder to reach tools at the front reaches of the bed? Won't ever be a consideration as a fleet utility truck without a topper option. The whole thing strikes me as a fancy nancy boy truck.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 06:29 AM 11-22-2019
Hideous piece of shit.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:37 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Hideous piece of shit.
My sentiments exactly
[Reply]
notorious 06:31 AM 11-22-2019
He managed to price something near half the price of his cars, which in the normal world cost twice as much as a car.

When something is too good to be true.......

If it truly has a body that can’t be dented why aren’t normal manufacturers using that skin?

This pickup has small penised weekend warrior written all over it.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:37 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
They couldn't deliver on a 35k mainstream sedan that would have a lot higher volume. There's no reason to think that 39k model truck will ever sell.

Also, Trucks and SUVs are where vehicle companies can currently make good margins. If you wanted to go against the grain on that, I'm not sure you picked a design that lines up with mainstream volume. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 10:11 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
They couldn't deliver on a 35k mainstream sedan that would have a lot higher volume. There's no reason to think that 39k model truck will ever sell.

Also, Trucks and SUVs are where vehicle companies can currently make good margins. If you wanted to go against the grain on that, I'm not sure you picked a design that lines up with mainstream volume. :-)
If they can make a 2500 electric that does the work of my current truck I will be all over it.

Infinite torque, no maintenance, self-driving. Good lord that would be awesome.

Someday they will, I am highly skeptical of this deal.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 AM 11-22-2019
If they can make a 2500 electric that does the work of my current truck I will be all over it.

On my end it needs to hold together on shit roads and be able to live in dirt. I too would be all over it. But like I said, I'm not willing to risk much on my Daily farm pickup.
[Reply]
notorious 10:18 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
On my end it needs to hold together on shit roads and be able to live in dirt. I too would be all over it. But like I said, I'm not willing to risk much on my Daily farm pickup.
Imagine my friend: no transmission, brakes that last forever, no injector/plug replacements.

I’m afraid they will go very light on the frame to increase range. No good on a work pickup.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:44 AM 11-22-2019

There are 49k and 59k tier trucks that have multiple motors w/ more range and power. The 39k model is a single motor. I think self driving is a 7k Add on
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:42 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
There are 49k and 59k tier trucks that have multiple motors w/ more range and power. The 39k model is a single motor. I think self driving is a 7k Add on
And based on the model 3, they won’t actually offer the 39 k model.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:28 AM 11-22-2019
He managed to price something near half the price of his cars, which in the normal world cost twice as much as a car.

If it truly has a body that can’t be dented why aren’t normal manufacturers using that skin?

This pickup has small penised weekend warrior written all over it.
To be fair, Dad bought a 19 Chevy half ton and it very much has the small penised weekend warrior feel to it too. Not as bad as this, but it’s got a pretty soft suspension (even though he doesn’t have much in it, seems pretty flimsy going down county roads (it may not be. We’ll see), and the bed is kind of wonky too (he doesn’t have a toolbox in it yet), and it too is pretty ugly IMO.

I’d be open to it. I can run up pretty close to 250 miles in a day, but I’d be down if it can holdup.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:00 AM 11-22-2019
I can't believe people are conditioned to think 40k for a vehicle is a good deal.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:04 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I can't believe people are conditioned to think 40k for a vehicle is a good deal.

Exactly
[Reply]
Dayze 10:17 AM 11-22-2019
that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:23 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Exactly
Originally Posted by Dayze:
that.
It is a pretty good deal after buying anything with green paint on it.

Not to go off on a rant here (for you young kids out there YouTube Dennis Miller Live), but a 40K pickup is a hell of a deal compared to a 450K Combine or 350K tractor. Sure, it's not doing the same work as those machines, but you know what a 40K pickup does do well? fucking sensors. My pickup, which was engineered for soccer moms on paved roads that I'm driving in the field, has ECU, fuel, exhaust and all the other bullshit sensors too, except they work. Goddamned Deere (and CNH too FWIW) is engineered to be in the field and can't keep sensors running. Fuck that pisses me right the fuck off. /rant

tl;dr: If you don't like the price of new pickups, go price new Deere paint.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 37
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up