ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2597 of 2688
« First < 1597209724972547258725932594259525962597 259825992600260126072647 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
That was the big thing watching all the clips on Twitter today. It's not on one guy on any given play (though Wayna DID stand out, woof), on every play it's someone different dropping the ball. It's real, real bad.
That's been a ton of the year...they aren't crisp, there is no attention to detail, there are constant mistakes and no accountability.

The only thing they are consistent about this year is getting penalties and turning the ball over.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:42 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I was there as well I could see papers flying across the field , seemed windy to me
No enough to effect passing. Any winds at Arrowhead will cause swirling and papers to blow, I don't think it got above 8-10 mph based on weather reports and that has never been a problem for QB's.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:44 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think he’s pressing. It happens to even the best.

If he were a baseball player, he’d be swinging at pitches outside the zone, hitting weak groundouts instead of taking walks, etc.

He’ll figure it out.
^this^ He is stuggling and is in his head a little. The good news is, he will figure out and plays his best when the pressure is the highest. Well, the pressure is getting higher every week and I think we'll be a tough out for anyone.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:46 AM 12-27-2023
The rest of the team made Pat think he has to play hero ball and when he does that he makes mistakes because he tries to do it all.

He has no trust in his receivers, he doesn't trust the OL either, you can see him brace for hits, escape out of clean pockets etc.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:49 AM 12-27-2023

Finished Chiefs film. Raiders defense played well and they seemed to have a safety enter the box late every time the Chiefs ran the ball. Some good stuff from them. Ok to the Chiefs offense. I've discussed this often and it continues to show. A different player makes a mistake on…

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) December 27, 2023

"Finished Chiefs film. Raiders defense played well and they seemed to have a safety enter the box late every time the Chiefs ran the ball. Some good stuff from them. Ok to the Chiefs offense. I've discussed this often and it continues to show. A different player makes a mistake on a given play. Hard to scheme around any of it.

A WR is open but the RT is beat so Mahomes can't get the ball there. The protection is good but no one is open. The protection is good and the WR doesn't understand where to settle in the zone. Protection is good and ball sails on Mahomes. The LT is beat quickly so Mahomes has to pull his eyes down when someone is about to get open. The RG has a poor block in the run game so it's a short gain. Etc...

And then Mahomes just doesn't trust many guys. WR group doesn't have much awareness. Kelce isn't open as often + teams just double him because why not. No one else is beating man coverage."

Watching the Chiefs film ... 15 just isn't going to throw the ball to 11. It's pretty glaring. Zero trust there. I will have my film review soon.

once Mahomes threw the pick to 84 he was not throwing the ball to him again either. lol.

[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:50 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's been a ton of the year...they aren't crisp, there is no attention to detail, there are constant mistakes and no accountability.

The only thing they are consistent about this year is getting penalties and turning the ball over.
It all ends with Andy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:52 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by Eleazar:

And then Mahomes just doesn't trust many guys. WR group doesn't have much awareness. Kelce isn't open as often + teams just double him because why not. No one else is beating man coverage."

We're running a guy out there 80% of the time that the QB is going to target 0% of the time
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:53 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
We're running a guy out there 80% of the time that the QB is going to target 0% of the time
Nah he still got his weekly, backbreaking redzone drop in there.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:57 AM 12-27-2023
Jordan Love 91.8 rating, 60.5 QB
Patrick Mahomes 91.7 rating, 63.1 QBR
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:59 AM 12-27-2023
Understandable, since MVS catches like he's wearing boxing gloves
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:02 PM 12-27-2023
That's on Pat... I get it, he doesn't trust him, but that's still on Pat. MVS is getting open, Pat needs to throw it. If Pat doesn't do his job, it compounds the problem like Sunday. Pat was the main issue Sunday. Most, if not all, former NFL QB's recognize Pat was not seeing the field Sunday and had maybe the worse game of his career.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
That's on Pat... I get it, he doesn't trust him, but that's still on Pat. MVS is getting open, Pat needs to throw it. If Pat doesn't do his job, it compounds the problem like Sunday. Pat was the main issue Sunday. Most, if not all, former NFL QB's recognize Pat was not seeing the field Sunday and had maybe the worse game of his career.
Actually it's a bit on Pat and on Andy. If your HOF QB doesn't like the way a WR runs a route or doesn't trust him then he needs to be Aaron Rodgers and tell the coach to get him off the field...and Andy needs to honor that.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:08 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Either way there seems to be an obvious disconnect between QB, WRs, and coaches which makes the hope of them figuring it out with this personnel, even just a little bit, less and less likely
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:10 PM 12-27-2023
Either way there seems to be an obvious disconnect between QB, WRs, and coaches which makes the hope of them figuring it out with this personnel, even just a little bit, less and less likely
Don't disagree, but Pat, if he is the GOAT, needs to do his job first. As, I said before, I think he will, but we are running out of time.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 12-27-2023
It probably wasn't the best idea to go into the year with a really inexperienced group that had never done much and give them a first time WR coach.
[Reply]
Page 2597 of 2688
« First < 1597209724972547258725932594259525962597 259825992600260126072647 > Last »
Up