ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2047 of 2688
« First < 1047154719471997203720432044204520462047 20482049205020512057209721472547 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:58 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You mean the corpse of John Brown who is now on his 4th team in 4 years.

Beasley is the epitome of average NFL receiver.

Those types of guys are ok during the season, but in the Playoffs, playing playoff defenses, you need better than that.

I mean, lulz, just look at what the Chiefs did to the Bills defensively. That tells you a lot about what teams think of Beasley and Brown.
Come on, dude. John Brown put up similar stats to Sammy Watkins last season (they were both injured). Would you consider Sammy a pretty good receiver? I would.

And Beasley put up 1,000 yards last year too. He's a pretty good slot receiver.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:03 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
How is Beasley a Moron? He just wants a choice is all. It shouldn’t be forced against people
He said he'd rather retire than not live free or some other dumbshit nonsense. It's not about a choice, which people would have respected. It's all the other crap he kept saying when he couldn't keep his mouth shut.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:04 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Allen isn't dogshit by any means. I would take him right now over Lamar Jackson, but I feel his ceiling may be Phillip Rivers with less interceptions and more rushing. He and Baker Mayfield might be competing with Justin Herbert for second best AFC QB for the next decade.
But isn't that exactly what we're discussing?

Competing for #1 (behind Mahomes) is a damn strong indication that you're good.

The conversation started with Adolf stating Allen isn't #2.

Ok. I can understand why someone would argue in favor of Rodgers, Watson and Wilson above Allen.

But that still makes Allen a top 5 QB in this league.

Is top 5 no longer special? Does competing for the #2 spot behind Mahomes mean nothing?

You have to BE Mahomes now or you're no good? Cuz that's the shark that Chiefsplanet constantly jumps.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:11 PM 07-06-2021
But isn't that exactly what we're discussing?

Competing for #1 (behind Mahomes) is a damn strong indication that you're good.

The conversation started with Adolf stating Allen isn't #2.

Ok. I can understand why someone would argue in favor of Rodgers, Watson and Wilson above Allen.

But that still makes Allen a top 5 QB in this league.

Is top 5 no longer special? Does competing for the #2 spot behind Mahomes mean nothing?

You have to BE Mahomes now or you're no good? Cuz that's the shark that Chiefsplanet constantly jumps.
You're right. But there really is a distinction between regular season and postseason success because they are not one and the same. Example A: Alex Smith. That's also why I made the comparison to Phillip Rivers - Josh Allen hasn't shown that ability in clutch time in a win or go home situation. Yet. He may still figure it out, we'll see.

Stats are great. Stats get players paid. Stats have built a billion dollar fantasy football industry. Stats lie though, and I want a guy that can not only have the stats but transcend them with his ability to will his team to win when they need it most. And man is it great to say my team has that guy and everyone else is chasing him.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:21 PM 07-06-2021
We're all just really lucky we have Mahomes in that no matter how good the other team's QB is we're all pretty confident in Mahomes' ability to beat them anyway. Houston, Tennessee, Baltimore and Buffalo all come to mind.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:46 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
He said he'd rather retire than not live free or some other dumbshit nonsense. It's not about a choice, which people would have respected. It's all the other crap he kept saying when he couldn't keep his mouth shut.
While I agree that Beasley made much more out of it than just a simple choice, let's not be disingenuous and say people would have respected him if he had stopped there.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:50 PM 07-06-2021
Well I think the problem is he was railing against the protocol for non-vaccinated NFL players and saying it violated his freedom and he'd rather retire than follow that.

There will definitely be players who choose to not vaccinate but we don't know who they are because they didn't run their mouths on twitter for a week about it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 07-06-2021
Well I think the problem is he was railing against the protocol for non-vaccinated NFL players and saying it violated his freedom and he'd rather retire than follow that.

There will definitely be players who choose to not vaccinate but we don't know who they are because they didn't run their mouths on twitter for a week about it.
That I can certainly agree with.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:59 PM 07-06-2021
You can't be serious.

Again, whatever feelings ya'll had about Josh Allen back when he was a rookie, get over them.

It reminds me of the Herbert conversations last season, where some people just couldn't get over their "draft grades" of the guy.

He’s a great QB.

Philip Rivers was also a great QB.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 03:03 PM 07-06-2021
What is with all of this Josh Allen bullshit clogging up our Mahomes worship thread? It’s a real boner killer.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:12 PM 07-06-2021
You mean the corpse of John Brown who is now on his 4th team in 4 years.

Beasley is the epitome of average NFL receiver.

Those types of guys are ok during the season, but in the Playoffs, playing playoff defenses, you need better than that.

I mean, lulz, just look at what the Chiefs did to the Bills defensively. That tells you a lot about what teams think of Beasley and Brown.
Beasley would be the #2 WR in KC. It is not even a question he is a better player than Mecole or DRob.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:18 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Beasley would be the #2 WR in KC. It is not even a question he is a better player than Mecole or DRob.
In the Chiefs / Bills game he was the only guy chewing us up and apparently was doing it on a fractured leg.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:18 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
What is with all of this Josh Allen bullshit clogging up our Mahomes worship thread? It’s a real boner killer.
Agreed. I can NOT jerk off to this!
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:19 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Agreed. I can NOT jerk off to this!
I have posted two graphs in the last hour or so that might as well have been tagged with NWS
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:21 PM 07-06-2021
I have posted two graphs in the last hour or so that might as well have been tagged with NWS
THANK YOU!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 2047 of 2688
« First < 1047154719471997203720432044204520462047 20482049205020512057209721472547 > Last »
Up